What are you playing now?

Gorth

Conformity effects are fascinating. I haven't liked a GTA since III. I have absolutely 0 intellectual interest in GTA V. In fact, I need some sort of gimmick to be willing to glance at sandbox car theft titles.

But with everyone talking about GTA V, I am for some bizarre reason considering picking it up after work...

They are amusing games to play. I've also wanted another game like this ever since I beat Sleeping Dogs.
I liked Sleeping Dogs. But I liked it a lot for the combat. I liked Saint's Row IV, where I got VTOL and attack choppers. infamous where you get super powers.

Maybe the three protagonist structure can make this one stand apart. I hear Trevor is funny, which is something I recall GTA IV also lacking to the degree I desired.

Could never get into Saints Row 2. I have The Third unplayed in my backlog. SR2 and many other open world game worlds feel a bit empty. In GTA4, causing mass panic was part of the fun. In Mafia 2, the world felt least alive, but I still enjoyed the main story.

The funniest moment in GTA4 was one of the first times I crashed into another car and someone said: I'm gonna **** you up mother****er! With a latino accent.

I always loved the banter between Roman and Niko.

I liked Brucie, Little Jacob, and Badman.  Roman can go die in a fire for all I care, that annoying mutha****er.  Same with Dwayne, good lord that guy was depressing.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I liked Dwayne, what's wrong with depressing characters ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I liked Dwayne, what's wrong with depressing characters ?

I didn't mind him at first, that's why I killed Playboy (also, because Playboy was a fake *** piece of ****), but over time Dwayne's oppressively depressing demeanor really wore on me, to the point where I flat out hated him.  

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

So i'm the only one who won't pick up a GTA  game? ever?

Nah.  There are probably some people in Siberia that have never played a GTA game also.  ;)

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Ever? Like, as a principle? That seems bizarre.

I played III and Vice City before deciding sandbox car theft was simply too much rehash. And it wasn't until Red Dead Redemption and Just Cause 2 that I felt that was changing. GTA IV I got on extreme sale and thought it still failed to really advance from III, let alone approach the competition of Saint's Row III or Sleeping Dogs.

None of it's making me establish a rule about "never ever."

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I liked the first GTA and I purchased one of the GTA3 games, San Andreas I think, but I didn't like it

I haven't been interested in the series ever since then but you know different strokes and all that

I can't say I'll never go back to the series but it does seem doubtful

Free games updated 3/4/21

I didn't mind him at first, that's why I killed Playboy (also, because Playboy was a fake *** piece of ****), but over time Dwayne's oppressively depressing demeanor really wore on me, to the point where I flat out hated him.

Pft.

I'm hoping for another Sleeping Dogs type game, breaking arms, legs and causing solar plexus damage was great fun.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Sleeping Dogs is my second favorite crime sandbox type game ever, I freakin' love that game.  My list would go:

San Andreas > Sleeping Dogs > SR4 > SR3 > Vice City > Gay Tony > SR2 > GTA3 > GTA4 > Lost & Damned

I played the **** out of GTA3 back in the day, but when I revisited the game recently...  ish (maybe 4 years ago), I came to the conclusion that it's not that great by today's standards.  Vice City, on the other hand, still holds up.  I played it some 3 years ago and still had a great time.  Same with San Andreas, I love the bejesus out of that game every time I play it (most recently a year ago).  GTA4 drove me mad.  Not because it was a terrible game, but because it had a lot going for it, but constantly and actively threw hurdles in your path to having fun.  Lost & Damned was decidedly meh, but Gay Tony was pretty good, almost making up for the GTA4 franchise as a whole.  SR2 was a great game, but my experience was a bit marred by how crappy the PC port was at first.  SR3 was an absolute blast.  Many people would disagree, but I, for one, was extremely happy to see them move further away from gang warfare and further into silly land.  SR4 only pushed the ridiculousness envelope further and pretty much left the gang warfare gameplay behind completely, which I was all for.  I've always wondered about Bully, but never played it.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

thinking of trying FF14, it looks pretty, plus dragoons!

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Has the combat improved for GTA V?  IMO, combat is the weakest and most annoying/frustrating aspect of GTA games.  This wouldn't necessarily be such an issue if combat (especially shooting) wasn't such a huge part of a lot of the missions.  I gave up on GTA IV for this very reason.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Has the combat improved for GTA V?  IMO, combat is the weakest and most annoying/frustrating aspect of GTA games.  This wouldn't necessarily be such an issue if combat (especially shooting) wasn't such a huge part of a lot of the missions.  I gave up on GTA IV for this very reason.

Sterling talked about it as being outdated, or some equivalent term. But gave a plus that there's stat growth and gun customization. So I guess you can improve that.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

NW:Online - I'm going to kind of miss the Mid-Summer Festival. More for the casual atmosphere then the event/items. People hanging around, picking flowers, killing EZ trolls together and then "standing around" chatting a bit. Not to mention all the funny pig-mount dance parties. For someone like me who doesn't like dungeons/raids, a place besides "town" with that sort of casualness to it is kinda cool.

I make so many AD from Leadership now. It's silly. 10 is my limit tho...starting to take too long to pray/cycle through all their tasks 2-4 times a day, even with the Gateway. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Was playing Red Dead Redemption (better than GTA4 despite being Anachronisms: The Game, also that stupid Louisiana cajun swamp bayou area in an ostensible "western" pissed me off to no end, geography nerd rage I guess,) but got sidetracked 100% after getting Persona 4 the Golden.

thinking of trying FF14, it looks pretty, plus dragoons!

I heard about that game's disastrous launch several years ago, after hearing of its disastrous relaunch.

Sterling talked about it as being outdated, or some equivalent term. But gave a plus that there's stat growth and gun customization. So I guess you can improve that.

I don't think "outdated" is the right word. There were games that came out during the same era as GTAIII that had superb 3rd person shooting gameplay *coughcoughMaxPaynecoughcough* (which wasn't developed or published by Rockstar,) GTA has just always had mediocre combat. If you stripped away the open world and boiled any given GTA title to a single element as-is, it would be panned as a bad game.

Edited by AGX-17

Nah.  There are probably some people in Siberia that have never played a GTA game also.  ;)

Yes I'm sure there are also some people on the moon who have never played a GTA game before :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Ever? Like, as a principle? That seems bizarre.

I played III and Vice City before deciding sandbox car theft was simply too much rehash. And it wasn't until Red Dead Redemption and Just Cause 2 that I felt that was changing. GTA IV I got on extreme sale and thought it still failed to really advance from III, let alone approach the competition of Saint's Row III or Sleeping Dogs.

None of it's making me establish a rule about "never ever."

Hmml i should have added in 3d. I have played GTA and GTA 2 and i liked them, but the modern ones didn't interest me one bit. I'm just not intersted in the setting, the characters,...  I loved RDR for that same reason(even with its flaws), and i was expecting much from LA Noire, but that was dissappointing.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Sleeping Dogs is my second favorite crime sandbox type game ever, I freakin' love that game.  My list would go:

San Andreas > Sleeping Dogs > SR4 > SR3 > Vice City > Gay Tony > SR2 > GTA3 > GTA4 > Lost & Damned

The Saboteur > all

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Yes I'm sure there are also some people on the moon who have never played a GTA game before :biggrin:

Have played gta3 as a kid, after that nothing, just not in to it. Don't get the hype at all.

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Have played gta3 as a kid, after that nothing, just not in to it. Don't get the hype at all.

But GTA V looks revolutionary and there is a MMO element that will be released soon.

Also this game has been the most expensive single player game ever to produce , $270 million to make this beauty. We need to support Rockstar in there endeavors to make gaming reach new heights :yes:

http://www.dashhacks.com/ps3/ps3-rumors/gta-v-smashes-production-cost-records.html

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela