What are you playing now?

Gorth

I've never finished Shivering Isles.  I have it downloaded and everything, but I just never got around to finishing.  Hell, I think I've only gotten about 10 minutes into it.  For whatever reason, it just didn't suck me in.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

yeah i played it for maybe 8-10 hours or so, i think i was just sick of oblivion by the time it came out so it didn't do enough to make me fall in love with it

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I've played Oblivion more than any other Bethesda game, probably the tune of at least 350 hours.  I would estimate 75% of that time was spent in the Shivering Isles.  Once I got that expansion whenever I would start up a new game I would either cheat or grind my way up to level 20 just so I could go the the Shivering Isles and mess around in there.  Heck, I probably spent 50 or 60 hours in New Sheoth alone, mostly in Crucible.  For whatever reason, I generally preferred the dementia side to the mania side of the island, particularly of New Sheoth.  There were some amazingly entertaining quests:  Inserting yourself into utterly ridiculous paranoid conspiracies, pushing a guy off a building, operating traps to kill adventurers in a dungeon.  Good times.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

My friend had been trying to make me play Shivering Isles for years, and when I finally caved in and borrowed his disc, it wasn't quite as awesome as he'd been telling me.

A lot of unique moments and locations for sure, but level scaling and "endgame" enemy HP bloat seriously sucked the fun out of the exploration aspect

Edited by Nordicus

The level scaling in Oblivion in general is one of the worst things ever put to code.  Just utterly awful.  You could eventually outlevel the level scaling, but because Shivering Isles was an expansion that started at level 20, the top of the scale was higher.  I think in Cyrodiil the level scaling stops somewhere around level 25 or so.  In Shivering Isles I think it's closer to level 35. 

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Yeah level scaling overhauls are essential for Oblivion, I enjoyed OOO for years but the new content that got added in later years irritated me, now I'm using Frans, bugs aside (half naked vampires) it's really good  :disguise:

I've played Oblivion more than any other Bethesda game, probably the tune of at least 350 hours.  I would estimate 75% of that time was spent in the Shivering Isles.  Once I got that expansion whenever I would start up a new game I would either cheat or grind my way up to level 20 just so I could go the the Shivering Isles and mess around in there.  Heck, I probably spent 50 or 60 hours in New Sheoth alone, mostly in Crucible.  For whatever reason, I generally preferred the dementia side to the mania side of the island, particularly of New Sheoth.  There were some amazingly entertaining quests:  Inserting yourself into utterly ridiculous paranoid conspiracies, pushing a guy off a building, operating traps to kill adventurers in a dungeon.  Good times.

The Arden Sul background lore stuff was really cool too, Skyrim doesn't have any of that twisty metaphysical **** to ponder while you kill stuff :(

Edited by WDeranged

That's not being an idiot, night is exactly the time you are supposed to play horror games.

Playing a game that makes you unease with headphones during the night and trying to get sleep afterwards is a great way to journey in to your psyche. It's a safe way to examine your reaction to fear and should be enjoyed!

Besides, Dead Space is for sissies, the horror aspect kinda suffers if you can shoot the mosters to bits without a worry in the world. Try Amnesia The Dark Descent, that damn invisible water thing was infernal  :aiee:

I've decided I hate Isabela.

She can't exploit brittle? That's nuts!

The only thing she's good for is opening boxes, sheesh.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Because I'm an idiot*, I've decided to finally try out Dead Space!

*2 am and I'm weak to horror games

Dead Space 1 is by far the best (well, never tried 3 since I can only find it on Origin and Origin sucks pretty hard). DS was a reasonable shooter. Horror game? Not so much.

It seems to be really hard to make a franchise out of horror games and keep them good, F.E.A.R. was lightyears better than both 2 and 3, DS1 is much better than 2 (and from what I heard 3 is even worse), pretty much the same deal with Resident Evil...

Edited by marelooke

She does amazing damage with her twin swords. She is very good at giving Aveline a hard time. Most importantly, she is so powerful that she gets an entire group of freaks to get so butthurt over a friggin' book they become murdering scumbags of innocents.

I laugehd and laughed when I purposefully refused the Arishok's offer of a duel because I felt he didn't deserve to be honoured to die in such a way but deserved to die en mase. What an oevrrated piece of crap.

Anyways, back to Isabela. She is awesome.

P.S. I never used the pirate to open boxes. That was Varric's job.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Playing Final Fantasy XIV. Pretty fun so far! My conjurer just his level 23 and I opened up the first Primal battle. Story has been decent but I love the gameplay. Being able to switch classes by swapping out weapons is cool and the crafting system is also very involved which is a nice change from the norm.

cardhunter.com

a very cool browser-based free-to-play D&D-esque card game from the creators of Magic: The Gathering, System Shock 2 and Bioshock

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I found out the big secret behind Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs.

Everyone in that town is an alcoholic. There are whine bottles everywhere. Every room has at least a whine bottle, in every shelf I find whine bottles and even in the cellars and on the streets you find whine bottles. It's really no wonder they have "amnesia" if they drink so much.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

At the very last part of Diablo III, just about to face the final boss.  My Demon Hunter is up to level 50, with the XP bar creeping very close to 51.  Not sure if it will reach 51 after the end boss battle.  Probably not.

Looks like I'm going to have to play at least part way through a third play through to reach the level 60.  I was kind of hoping I'd reach it during this play through.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Everyone in that town is an alcoholic. There are whine bottles everywhere. Every room has at least a whine bottle, in every shelf I find whine bottles and even in the cellars and on the streets you find whine bottles. It's really no wonder they have "amnesia" if they drink so much.

Whine bottles? :lol:

• Like 1

You'll get it before I finish my revives, largely because I'm not sure when (if) I'll play Defiance again.

Just got it :)

Started a Scrapper Major Arkfall at aroudn 5:20 AM. There were only two of us at first. Then the other person left and was replaced by someone else. We got the 30 minutes until server shutdown warning 11 minutes before we got the boss to spawn.Three of us started the final battle against the Progenitor.

One person quit during the Progenitor fight and the remaining guy and myself finished the Arkfall ~10 seconds before servers went down :)

It felt great :)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Completed the Thieves Guild in Oblivion, it's been a good few years and I'd forgotten what a long dungeon run it is, my level was a bit low so I spent most of the time hiding, running my ass off and dipping into treasure chests along the way, I also avoided destroying the Boots of Springheel Jack by using a load of Acrobatics buffs instead :)

You'll get it before I finish my revives, largely because I'm not sure when (if) I'll play Defiance again.

Just got it :)

Started a Scrapper Major Arkfall at aroudn 5:20 AM. There were only two of us at first. Then the other person left and was replaced by someone else. We got the 30 minutes until server shutdown warning 11 minutes before we got the boss to spawn.Three of us started the final battle against the Progenitor.

One person quit during the Progenitor fight and the remaining guy and myself finished the Arkfall ~10 seconds before servers went down :)

It felt great :)

I don't think I've ever been on when there was less than 20 people during an arkfall.

Whine bottles? :lol:
woops. :> well, it was late in the night, but my point still stands. They are all drinking like mad men. I wanted to take screenshots everytime I find a bottle, but figured it would be too much clickwork, as they are everywhere. Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Still playing Of Orcs and Men, just killed the head foreman.  I should have gotten Styx's focus skill earlier, holy **** that makes a big difference.  When in focus mode he criticals 3/4 of the time, and since my skills and abilities (for both characters) are all built around criticals and inflicting vulnerabilities with criticals, obviously it's a good fit.  The other good thing is that going into focus mode doesn't take nearly as long as some of the other modes, like sharpshooter, or carapace for Arkail.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I'm currently only able to play Paradox games it seems.. So I'm switching between Rome and Crusader Kings II.. I'm having a great game right not in the latter, as a muslim ruler. I've taken most of Spain and keeping the decedents of Charles the Great out.

But I love the game for the personal story that you and it is able to create. My ruler is now approaching 40 and had no luck getting his wife pregnant, through events a sweet story unfolded where he and his wife found deep love for each other, but were still both heartbroken and stressed that their efforts went unsuccessful for years. I really felt this hardship too, as my game would effectively stop if he died. Now that the wife is pregnant I felt so happy and relieved.. haha

That's good game mechanics!

Fortune favors the bald.