Keyrock's Hopefully Attractive Rodent Thread

Keyrock

Gundi!

gundi1.jpg

Oh man, that is so adorable.  It may be the most adorable critter after a Capybara (not sure if a Capybara qualifies as a critter when it's the size of a medium-ish size dog).

And on that note, cross-species affection:

o-CAPYBARA-HUGS-CAT-facebook.jpg

If I had the time, money, and means, I would so love to have a Capybara pet.  

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The only good mouse...

mouse%2Btrapped.jpg

If I know there is a mouse in my house, I will turn my basement into a minefield of mouse traps. I see red, and I can't rest until I know that disease-carrying vermin is dead.

• Like 1

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

More adorable Chinchillas:

Cute-Chins-chinchilla-23987878-440-393.j

I'll likely get a chinchilla for my next pet, for a couple of reasons:

1) Adorable

2) Much longer lifespan than most rodents

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

If I had the time, money, and means, I would so love to have a Capybara pet.  

Wow. I'd never seen or even heard of a capybara before now. They look a little bit goofy, but completely adorable!

(P.S: Chinchilla picture doesn't work for me. :()

The only good mouse...

If I know there is a mouse in my house, I will turn my basement into a minefield of mouse traps. I see red, and I can't rest until I know that disease-carrying vermin is dead.

Ack, why are you so mean, :<

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

(P.S: Chinchilla picture doesn't work for me. :()

Here's both of them again.  Hopefully they show up for you this time:

iMAKEka.jpg

hkCGFSQ.jpg

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Capybara's at the zoos are one of the first pens I go gaze at. They make me think of giant guinea pigs.

I still want a squirrel as a pet. Also:

definitely-cute-have-one-look-at-that-li

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Capybara's at the zoos are one of the first pens I go gaze at. They make me think of giant guinea pigs.

They kind of are.  Guinea pigs are their closest cousins.

I still want a squirrel as a pet.

It's possible to keep a squirrel as a pet temporarily, when it's really young.  Occasionally people come upon baby squirrels that are in peril and will probably not make it on their own in the wild.  You can take one of those in and take care of it when it is young.  Once they mature, though, they need to be released into the wild.  They are not suited for living indoors.  They may well come back to your yard from time to time, though.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I raised some baby squirrels as part of a wildlife rescue volunteer thingie once. Fed them with the syringes, weighed them on scales, and all that. I think if the cage was big enough you could have them indoors, but yeah, they'd probably not be the best or safest pets (those claws of theirs would require major protective clothing if they wanted to scamper around on your shoulders, heh).

When we first moved in this house I made friends with several of the yard squirrels, who would hang out by the glass door every morning waiting. One took treats from my hand and would waltz into the house to grab nuts from a bag if I left the door open (I miss that one a lot). I had a lot of pics from then, which some here may remember. Then the cat-neighbors moved in and I got worried and stopped encouraging them, so they went away. :(

sq-ht-02.jpg

yard-squirrel-065-sq1a.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I don't actually know what that is. Might be a rodent.

I believe it is related to the starfish.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

It looks like a chicken ****ed a mouse.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Nutria

nutrianew.jpg

Orders are nutria are to be shot on sight.

Yeah they are huge pests in the gulf coast wetlands.    They have voracious appetites and eat a lot of the coastal vegetation which controls erosion.

There used to be a 5$ bounty per tail on them in Louisiana, (which I think was dropped to 4$).    Texas used to have a similar program.

Edited by kgambit

Orders are nutria are to be shot on sight.

So? Doesn't mean they aren't cute.  :)

...in some parts of the world, feral kitty cats are major pests too. Some bunnies. Some fish. etc. It happens.