Keyrock's Hopefully Attractive Rodent Thread

Keyrock

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Posted by Studio Fawn ♥ Like

Heya everyone, Dani here :) Time (finally) for an update on how things have been going with Bloom!

eef4e59ae447c25229d9afe14ce0329d_large.g

I just got this one from Dani over at Studio Fawn. Enjoy! :)

That is beyond adorable!  :wub:

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Kangaroo rat, right? I want one of those. They're so cute.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Actually it's an Egyptian Jerboa.  They are fairly closely related to Kangaroo Rats, though.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Actually it's an Egyptian Jerboa.  They are fairly closely related to Kangaroo Rats, though.

No, it's an example of parallel evolution. Like how some ancient mammal's genetic line eventually became bats (Chiroptera,) while birds (Aves,) descended from/were closely related to dinosaurs (and arose long before class Aves.) They're both warm-blooded, equipped for flight, both fly around eating stuff, but they're not closely related, they're simply the result of natural selection. If there's a niche, something will fill it, sooner rather than later. The fact that mammals fill any given niche is thanks to pre-rodentia's apparent survivability, which in turn led to us.

Edited by AGX-17

rat1.gif

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think I had a dream last night about finding a cryptographic message encoded as points on a punch card written in the abdominal lining of a capybara using what looked like tumours.

At least I hope it was a dream. If I just made that up while awake I've got problems.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

This guy is my spirit animal I think.. I always bury my nuts in .. wait what?

ipqdMyq.gif

This guy's copying my technique.

So the route to cleavage is to be an aggressive invasive species, that is essentially a rat.

-Elwood Blues

This guy is my spirit animal I think.. I always bury my nuts in .. wait what?

ipqdMyq.gif

So thats how chestnuts are created? 

You're making PUNS in English now?

-Elwood Blues