table lamps - small

Walsingham

I need to find a good search term for small table lamps/bedside/reading lights that are cheap, and have small bulb fixtures, as in about the size of those small saucer shaped downlights or smaller.

Alternatively if anyone has recently bought a good example, can you give me the name of the make and where you got it?

I'm building some bloody art.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Lava lamps, man, lava lamps!

....don't know if there's a singular search term for such things. It's like trying to 'net-shop for "pillow" without having a name brand/particular named pillow you're looking for.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

When I bought a lamp for using when painting Warhammer miniatures, I found what I was looking for at a beauty salon equipment wholesaler of all things. It's a looking glass with a fluorescent ring shaped "bulb" underneath (providing lights from all directions on the subject you are holding under the looking glass). Might not be what you are looking for, but it sure is darn handy for painting small stuff and needing daylight light conditions :)

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Look for something called a "task lamp"  they are basically desk top lamps with flexible "arms"

Something like this:

m-itre-jj-task-lamp-01.jpg

or this (My wife and I each own of these and the floor version as well)

P11085683.jpg

or this:

retro-desk-lamps.jpg

To be clearer, I mean I am putting lights into some bloody art.

I want them to be safe, so I don't want to wire my own from scratch, just strip away the housing from some off the shelf lamps. Although obviously, if I can do something with all the housings then I will.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I understand LED lights are low-power, low-heat, and can be quite small and multicolored. X-mas light strings in particular.

I guess that might work. Harder to replace any 'bulbs' that go, though.

-Elwood Blues

• 9 months later...

kgambit has good suggestion, "task lamps" suits my definition quite well. As for the LED lights - true, harder to replace, but they are quite durable and long lasting. Should not be something that troubles you very much, in my opinion.

Wait... If you're NOT a bot, what's the square root of chartreuse?

-Elwood Blues

• 4 years later...