Idea: steam acheivement t-shirts

Walsingham

I need to grab a bunch of new t-shirts (as happens about once a year), and an idea struck me.

Why doesn't steam offer t-shirts for sale, emblazoned with achievements you actually have? And ONLY those achievements you actually have?

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Never thought of it but any of the below could apply:

1) Their marketing guys haven't thought of it

2) They haven't found the physical merchandise a viable area to expand into (yet)

3) With the customer base Steam has, the logistics of expanding into physical goodies is beyond them

4) Setting up a system to restrict merchandise availability based on personal profiles is too much of a hassle.

5) They can't be arsed to put up with the idiots who'll demand refunds because now they have more achievements than they had when they ordered the stuff

6) Taxes

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Shirts with only 1 achievement motive on it could easily work. Steam would just need to prepare some first- they wouldn't need to do every achievement, imo.

Still, I wouldn't buy any. :p

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yeah, Lezz. I mean just one. The artwork for some is really pretty cool. Plus you'd be instantly recognisable to other nerds.

And in answer to Melkathi, Steam already do merchandise.

It would be the IP share with the devs that would be the issue. But I'd imagine that since they created the damn achievements just for Steam they must be generally amenable.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.