If there are in-game books and other flavor stuff, will you read them or ignore them?

Im this guy who stop at every shop and read the description of every singel item. For me in game books provide an enormous emotional deep if written right for example not to long and most times have some humor,sad or scary parts in it, its a must have for me. In BG they was perfect i found myself smiling/excited in the end of most books or desriptions of stuff.

Edited by NoTorious

I will compulsively read them.

I know this game won't have the intense connection of the flavor items to the story the way Mask of the Betrayer did, as the scope of material will be much broader.  Mask had the benefit of being so hyper focused and tuned towards your specific story, and everything you found was related to your curse.  It added a level of purpose to all of the flavorful moments, without cramming in some connection to your current activity within the game in some ham-fisted fashion.

So while I hope they try to make the fluff relevant... I hope it is done naturally and not merely as a puzzle solving or exp granting mechanism.  Books describing the past events in a location I am currently in are always welcome.  Books explaining the world found in appropriate areas (mage school has tomes describing and explaining magic concepts, etc), are always welcome. 

• Like 1

Lore-fan here! But I would love more involvement between the books and the game. (book related quests, finding knowledge -and secrets- from allies and enemy's, how to deal with some monsters, culture (how to deal with the tribe of cannibalistic elfs without dying) and ofc epic things: gods, "dragons", demons (and how to (and don't) attract their attention) legendary weapons, spells and artifacts (clues to where to find them), world-historical characters / places AND mysteries-unclear things)

I'll read the book if they're good (and translate in French cause i'm ^^ ).

However something like a small summary will be good in the journal or else... because sometimes when we did not immediately time to read it can be nice to understand some line about that wanted to share the author.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

I want to amass a library in my stronghold!

"What's all this?"

"Oh, this room is where I keep my collection. You know... bits of shelves, burned pieces of those awesome rsideways-rolling ladders, dehumidifiers... I collect pieces of library, and I've amassed quite a collection. I've almost got a whole library now! 8D!"

8)

(Seriously though... amassing a library = awesome).

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u