Dragon Age: Inquisition

Gorth

Funny enough that's true, I've used "intense" adult mods in games like FO:NV that includes full nudity, extra dialogue lines and enhanced sexual actions but I don't do it for real life sexual gratification. You do it for the RP experience.

if-you-say-so-bro-thumb.jpg

Edited by Monte Carlo
  • Like 6

sonsofgygax.JPG

On a related note, I would imagine part of the challenge / fun of cosplay is making the bloody costumes. Y'know, improvising. Not being spoonfed by some creepy Bioware employee who wants to turn a very mediocre video game into a holistic lifestyle experience / cult.

• Like 2

sonsofgygax.JPG

Funny enough that's true, I've used "intense" adult mods in games like FO:NV that includes full nudity, extra dialogue lines and enhanced sexual actions but I don't do it for real life sexual gratification. You do it for the RP experience. In other words if you consider your character is living in this post-apocalyptic world  where mankind has been wiped out and death awaits at every corner you don't think he is also going to have sex with prostitutes and lecherous women. If your character can indiscriminately slaughter bandits and mutants he can also have enhanced, adult sex experiences. I don't consider sex as deviance. Sorry

But for me if I wanted really get some kind of sexual gratification through the Internet I would go to an Adult entertainment website. I don't think people use Adult mods because they "want to get there rocks off"

:)

B... r... u... c... e... V... C...

OK, got it.

Your opinions are now invalid! Smiling emoticon!

Funny enough that's true, I've used "intense" adult mods in games like FO:NV that includes full nudity, extra dialogue lines and enhanced sexual actions but I don't do it for real life sexual gratification. You do it for the RP experience.

if-you-say-so-bro-thumb.jpg

Seriously, right?

Dunno, I would have thought that most of the marketing would be done by a separate team from the development, that is what you have marketing teams for after all. Developers would do some stuff of course, like dev diaries type stuff, but the only person referenced with respect to the cosplay stuff is the community manager, which is probably a specifically marketing rather than development role.

I guess that in theory that does use money that could be used to improve the game by employing another artist or dev- but equally, in theory, it ends up generating more profit from the game to offset or exceed the cost of the marketing...

You are, of course, absolutely right. Different people hired to handle different tasks more or less independently of each other. I'm more wondering if the pr shenanigans and hype are really necessary if your target knows precisely what kind of game you are making. And I'm not suggesting "fire a community manager and hire a new lead systems designer!" either, no. Back in 2000 you'd see ads for games in mags, a preview, maybe an interview. It was more straightforward and there was no need for silliness in the vein of "press a button and something awesome happens!!1". Of course, the job of marketing types is to sell—not only to the public, but to potential employers... I dunno. Simpler times, man.

I can understand the hate from the Call of Duty comments, but it only means they want a universal hit. Which isn't a bad thing at all. Everyone should be aiming for that. It all really stems from "stop liking the things I like!"; no really, it does. 

The real issue here is that there's no real formula for a Call of Duty. 

Tell you what. You refrain from making assumptions about me and my motivations and I'll stay at 2 warnings. Deal? In my time here, I have made no value judgments of CoD, ever. I have not explicitly or implicitly referred to the players that constitute the target market for those games. I take no special pride in being a fan of old cult games, obscure Pakistani flicks or defunct deodorant brands. But what I can tell you is that I do not like CoD games—I like party-based games with a strong tactical component built on top of a solid narrative that supports a wide array of C&C; games that offer the best bang for my buck. I also happen to enjoy wargames but thankfully there's no shortage of those. I realize that, looking at the numbers, I am in the minority. And I can live with that.

What I'm not so thrilled about is companies stripping down and applying obscene amounts of makeup to games I'm interested in a priori in an effort to appeal to the largest possible amount of people, while systematically promoting an image that the finished product doesn't live up to. Not because I hate greed and dishonesty (which I do) or because I rejoice in being a special snowflake (which I don't), but because that very business model is conducive to producing games with little entertainment value for me.

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 7

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I can understand the hate from the Call of Duty comments, but it only means they want a universal hit. Which isn't a bad thing at all. Everyone should be aiming for that. It all really stems from "stop liking the things I like!"; no really, it does. 

The real issue here is that there's no real formula for a Call of Duty. 

Tell you what. You refrain from making assumptions about me and my motivations and I'll stay at 2 warnings. 

I was not making a personal attack on you for your opinion, but thanks for implying that you would to me.

Back in 2000 you'd see ads for games in mags, a preview, maybe an interview. It was more straightforward and there was no need for silliness in the vein of "press a button and something awesome happens!!1". Of course, the job of marketing types is to sell—not only to the public, but to potential employers... I dunno. Simpler times, man.

Oh, I agree. I do dislike the focus on marketing frippery to sell games, though I think it was inevitable that it would happen. Too much internet, too much money riding on things, too much competition for short attention spans. It's certainly not the biggest issue I have with marketing in games though, if the only problems were marketing stunts then I'd be pretty happy overall. End of the day I expect companies to yell at me about how their products are awesome, whether it's a car or a game they're selling.

So when it comes down to it I don't think that this particular issue is a big deal, and it is probably cost effective because I cannot see it costing much or taking much time and I doubt it's even really aimed at the cosplayers themselves, but at getting articles and images out on the web about DAI. I'm far more concerned about the more nebulous and poorly defined effects of marketing- focus groups, follow the leader fads; the lowest common denominator stuff. That is more difficult to target of course, because it's a whole lot less obvious but it is the stuff that is really doing the damage to game quality.

That armor looks a lot cooler than the dress.

And look, no boob-armor. Could do without the shoulderplates though...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I think those ladies are very pretty 8)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Oh look, it's that stupid dragon helmet. How wonderful. I'll admit though, the rest of the armor looks pretty good, and damn, these ****ers move fast. What, do they own a Chinese sweatshop?

Also, a sword that cannot be drawn from its... little sword corset(?) due to issues of girth isn't very useful.

I think those ladies are very pretty 8)

Whoa, there, bronco, keep it to yourself. What you do in the privacy of your own home is your business, but say it, don't spray it.

Edited by AGX-17
  • Like 1

The armor is seriously impressive.

That Morrigan is no Claudia Black, but she'll do.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

And look, no boob-armor.

They've destroyed the franchise.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The Dragon Age franchise has some of the worst video game armor design I've seen. It manages to look both completely generic and completely impractical and exaggerated. Take that helmet for example. Not only does it look terrible, but it opens up in sharp pointed ends that would cut into your neck. 

• Like 1

Good lord, I thought that their art design couldn't get any worse after DA2, I was wrong seemingly.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Good lord, I thought that their art design couldn't get any worse after DA2, I was wrong seemingly.

Sorta agree. That "iconic" helm is dire. No opinion on the rest yet.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Erm, i'll get my coat.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!