RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

LadyCrimson

You can shoot from standing postion with machine gun, but you hit maybe 2 from 10 shots in 1 m diameter target from 50m, and from 100m and futher you probably don't even hit target once. In first video they seemed to practice support fire for advancement, where most important thing is to get lots of bullets to air so that enemy has something else to do than shoot your unit (meaning staying in cover). And I can say that women can give support fire with PKM (which was used in first video) in same as men, as it don't reguire that much strength and you do it only until your squad is in cover.

I disagree that he hit only 1 in 5 at that distance. But whatever. Clearly they shoot it with intent and a good measure of control and precision, people don't just get suppressed with sound. If someone appeared in that Navy Seal guy's vision in those jungle I'm pretty sure he'd hit him.

In jungle or forrest you most time shoot under 20 m, as you don't actually see any futher if you don't happen to be some sort of clearing. With that sort of distance you don't actually need aim that much to hit human size target, of course enemy combatants are usually behind trees, rocks, etc. that make hitting them harder, which is reason why you want to suppress them until you are in cover too, because longer you stand in open it's more likely that you are dead.

Standing and shooting or walking/running and shooting happens usually only first few seconds of encounter with enemy or if you are trying to storm in building or advance to better position, because standing in fire fight puts you in unfavourable position as you are quite easy to hit.

Legacy of Kain...why?

Edit: If I wasn't an Englishman and thus emotionally autistic i'd go somewhere and have a little cry.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Men serve in the military forces to protect their loved ones, their family and their country from the bad guys. 

The "bad guys" from the other side don't serve in the military then, they're just bad guys.

Exactly, finally someone that understands!

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

And as you can see from waving barrel and dust traces, bullets go everywhere but target.

skip 10 minutes and be amazed

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

And as you can see from waving barrel and dust traces, bullets go everywhere but target.

skip 10 minutes and be amazed

Should I be amazed of rapid fire with Dragunov or full auto with some light mg looking gun in about 11 minutes? And why I should be amazed?

if you don't think his technique is amazing I don't think there's any point in us having this conversation then. apparently landing 60 bullets in full-auto on target is so easy anyone can do it.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

It's not fun to be a Legacy of Kain fan

Since its not trying to be Legacy of Kain but just set in the world...what's the issue?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

if you don't think his technique is amazing I don't think there's any point in us having this conversation then. apparently landing 60 bullets in full-auto on target is so easy anyone can do it.

But video don't show that did he hit actually anything and or even what and how far he shoots. But it shows that his barrel moves which means that at least all bullets didn't hit in target if it wasn't very close.

It's not fun to be a Legacy of Kain fan

To be fair, the game looks...interesting.

Lore wise however...wtf?

What time period is this? Kain's Empire? Where is Kain himself? Razielim...while I've always wondered what they look like, why are they alive? I thought they were wiped out? In fact, why are the Vampire Clans all buddy buddy? 

The same reason kotor fans will never see kotor 3.

Star Wars is a much more vast universe than Nosgoth. 

Edited by NKKKK

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

Since its not trying to be Legacy of Kain but just set in the world...what's the issue?

The same reason kotor fans will never see kotor 3.

So...there were no plans for a Legacy of Kain sequel but the fact that its using the setting and not being a Legacy of Kain sequel is...upsetting?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

So...there were no plans for a Legacy of Kain sequel but the fact that its using the setting and not being a Legacy of Kain sequel is...upsetting? 

There were actually two attempts to make another game. First one was right after the last one, stopped production because lack of interest. Second one was more recent, but it was also cancelled in favor of this new game. 

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

They were making a Legacy of Kain game for next gen, actually. It was to have a multiplayer component that was suspected to have been modified into this new title, though that theory has since been disputed.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

They were making a Legacy of Kain game for next gen, actually. It was to have a multiplayer component that was suspected to have been modified into this new title, though that theory has since been disputed.

Yes, that was called "Deadsun"

The one before that, which was supposed to be a sequel to defiance was to be called "dark prophecy" 

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

There's no way this was going to go over well. Ever. I can understand how the development team could be blind to it, we never see the fault in our own children. But still, it's not something that should have been hard to predict beyond that particular blindness.

And perhaps there's an experiment here for the executives. Can we revitalize old properties to take advantage of F2P? Let's try!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

What is your wife's one rep max, if you don't mind my asking? I work out with a girl that is approaching a 2 plate (225 Ilbs or 102kg) squat. She is a tiny asian girl, but has impressive leg and hip strength. 

my single rep max is 140 (weak i know, but im pretty lanky and squat is definitely my worst lift) hers is 180

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Does she have sisters? Or clones?

one older sister, also married.  plus, california vs wherever nepenthe lives :)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Lore wise however...wtf?

What time period is this? Kain's Empire? Where is Kain himself? Razielim...while I've always wondered what they look like, why are they alive? I thought they were wiped out? In fact, why are the Vampire Clans all buddy buddy? 

Far as I can tell it's during the war that occurred after Kain raised his lieutenants but before he sent Raziel for a swim.

Edit: On second thought that makes no sense since Raziel's clan wouldn't have wings then, but then why are they fighting alongside the rest of the Vamps if they know Kain killed their leader? Whatever.

Edited by Dream

I'd have bought any game that continued the excellent saga of Kain's battle against the tyrannous stars, why drop one of the few interesting narrative vehicles in favour of yet another free to play mmo combat game, it's hardly as if the market does not have enough. And why would they think that the fan base for the Legacy of Kain games would want or support this, have they done any market research with the audience whatsoever.

As for the Razelim, one suspects that the introduction of the various obstacles in the time streams that Raziel made in Soul Reaver 2 and Defiance can justify many changes to Kain's decaying empire.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Lore wise however...wtf?

Far as I can tell it's during the war that occurred after Kain raised his lieutenants but before he sent Raziel for a swim.

Edit: On second thought that makes no sense since Raziel's clan wouldn't have wings then, but then why are they fighting alongside the rest of the Vamps if they know Kain killed their leader? Whatever.

Their sites says that the Razielim are survivors, and they re-teamed with those other two clans because the humans are suddenly bringing the heat. 

It also says this happens after Raziel chases Kain through time. 

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

Does she have sisters? Or clones?

one older sister, also married.  plus, california vs wherever nepenthe lives :)

"Have advanced degree, willing to travel" :D

• Like 3

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif