Has anybody seen a lower mandible? Mine fell off.

Sounds fantastic, reading between the lines it seems like the more resources and effort you put in to the Stronghold, the more you'll get out.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 6

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHH 8)

You will be offered the stronghold early in the game, before you finish Act 1.

Great!

I'm really excited about the fact that the stronghold in P:E will be a real, dynamic base of operations and be on the forefront of your campaigning rather than being an afterthought.

• Like 1

Great! It's good to hear that you're putting lots of work and detail into the Stronghold design. At first I wasn't all that sold on the idea, but this level of development makes it sound like it will be a very worthwhile addition. Thanks for taking people's ideas into consideration (or at least following similar lines of thinking)--I recognize a few of the suggestions that were posted in this forum. :)

Edited by rjshae
  • Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Yes!

I'm very excited about the Stronghold particularly in Project Eternity, and I've been wanting to hear more info about it for quite a while.
It all sounds very fun, and likely something I am liable to spend a little too much time on.

I still think that a butler would make a good addition to the Stronghold, to oversee things whilst you're away and to tell you everything that has happened when you come back.
Maybe I just want to play as Batman too much.

• Like 3

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

So we can tax our populace but can we choose the amount as in lessen it? Or perhaps use the taxes to help the local populace for some kind of reputation increase?

The idea of attacks are great, same with the special bonuses, so far it seems to be everything I wanted in a player home. Only thing I would love to see is an ability to display weapons/armour and unique items found throughout the world or earned through quests. (Similar to New Vegas home decoration but with set display locations you can place them on or swap around) Like if I kill a dragon a choice to add a dragon skull to the wall of my main hall would be amazing.

Hopefully you have a few more surprises and hidden secrets in store for the stronghold, this is a feature I am personally excited about.

Also please do not forget a tranquil garden, planting options would not be bad either! :D

• Like 10

So, the most important question is: can you gloat over the prisoners?

"Fool! To think you thought you stood a chance against the great I in all his unparalleled majesty!"

"Fortunately I am as magnaminous as I am magnificent, and I have spared you for your crimes against my person...for the moment. Make no mistake! You suffer at my wondrous leisure!"

.....Please?

• Like 11

I think this sounds like a very fun mechanic - well, more than a mechanic, I suppose, and more of a system. In many applications a 'Stronghold' was usually nothing more than a mechanic, a method to let the player obtain a house or other dwelling during the course of the game. And often couldn't use it for much even when they did have it.

So kudos to taking it further without trying to over do it!

(And Kudos for your SSI 'cover art'! I so have that game, got it with a bundle of others and still love them!)

Should have placed his face onto The Tarantian newspaper instead

"Tim gets his stronghold assaulted

looses tactical stock of chocolate bars

but his hold remains strong"

EXTRA

price 2 coins

well update is awesome, but it would be good to see some concept art of what are we going to get there. is that a castle, or a tower, or a small hamlet? I am curious.

Edited by Shadenuat

If you have cleared the dungeon and built a prison under your stronghold, then when you are fighting some of the named NPC’s in the game, you will be given an option to take them prisoner instead of killing them. Prisoners are kept in a cell in your prison, where you can visit them and talk to them, and occasionally use them as leverage later in the game. But you will need to keep your security level high, or you might suffer from a prison break!

That. Sounds. Amazing.

There are so many cool things wrapped up into that- there's a ****ing dungeon underneath the stronghold! That in and of itself is an interesting predicament (burrow-based assault on the stronghold planned?). The prisoners concept is also a good one, and really incentivizes getting that prison setup asap.

One question: will there be special 'bad' random encounters, for not upgrading the keep? I can imagine delaying the keep ugprades for a period, just to see some custom bad randoms. Maybe i'm weird in that way, but I bet some of the bad random encounters will be both funny and challenging.

I can't help feeling I would have been happier not reading this.

I'm not meaning to say I dislike the ideas of the stronghold, but I do feel it may take away from the overall experience of owning and growing it if I know even half of everything that can happen to it (I'm probably trying to say I wouldn't have minded seeing a spoiler tag at the start of the update).

Maybe it's just me, but I feel that once I know what to expect from a game, it becomes little more than a chore.

Other than that, the stronghold sounds great! I hope events surrounding it won't be too disruptive to regular gameplay, though (what's that about certain events requiring immediate attention, will I be teleported? Please don't send me notifications, like angry spam emails, about every little event that takes place in my home while I'm off killing undead.)

Edited by mstark
  • Like 7
"What if a mid-life crisis is just getting halfway through the game and realising you put all your points into the wrong skill tree?"

Awesome update, the stronghold sounds amazing.  One question regarding this:

1. Adventures for idle companions. You will eventually have more companions than will fit in your party, so you will have leave some of them behind. While they are idling away at the stronghold, they can take part in their own adventures, earning additional experience for themselves and extra money, items and reputation bonuses for you!

This suggests to me that all party members will earn experience individually, rather than all my companions always being the same level as my main character (or a level or two lower or higher because of race level adjustment) like in NWN2?  Am I correct in my assumption? (I hope so, because I am all for this)

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I can't help feeling I would have been happier not reading this.

I'm not meaning to say I dislike the ideas of the stronghold, but I do feel it may take away from the overall experience of owning and growing it if I know even half of everything that can happen to it (I'm probably trying to say I wouldn't have minded seeing a spoiler tag at the start of the update).

Maybe it's just me, but I feel that once I know what to expect from a game, it becomes little more than a chore.

Other than that, the stronghold sounds great! I hope events surrounding it won't be too disruptive to regular gameplay, though (what's that about certain events requiring immediate attention, will I be teleported? Please don't send me notifications, like angry spam emails, about every little event that takes place in my home while I'm off killing undead.)

You could get the random events from messengers, i always found Skyrim messengers funny because they run very fast.

Stronghold sounds cool, looking forward to it. I hope the NPCs inside will have character, like that second in command lady in NwN2. Oh and distributable guards. "All of them patrol the road, the mage will protect the castle just fine." :p

Awesome update, the stronghold sounds amazing.  One question regarding this:

1. Adventures for idle companions. You will eventually have more companions than will fit in your party, so you will have leave some of them behind. While they are idling away at the stronghold, they can take part in their own adventures, earning additional experience for themselves and extra money, items and reputation bonuses for you!

This suggests to me that all party members will earn experience individually, rather than all my companions always being the same level as my main character (or a level or two lower or higher because of race level adjustment) like in NWN2?  Am I correct in my assumption? (I hope so, because I am all for this)

I think they said somewhere that chillaxing companions will earn a fraction of the active characters' xp.

Edited by Oner
  • Like 1

One more question:  Once I set up the prison, can I taunt and/or torture my prisoners?  Please tell me I can torture my prisoners.  I will take any elf I find, throw them in prison, then torture them.  Good times.

• Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks