What you having for dinner tonight?

BruceVC

I had shredded red cabbage and carrot, alongside white rice and lamb chops. Lamb chops steam-fried in a sauce of chilli, garlic, thyme, nutmeg, cinnamon, olive oil.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Eating Middle Eastern. Falafel, gyros meat, saffron basmati rice, shami kabob, and roasted veggies.

• Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I worked last night and I went out on Friday so my meals have been inconsistent and take-away based. Pizza and alcohol

But today I'm having Spare Ribs for lunch with potato salad :)

There should  be left over from that for supper

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yesterday: cold pizza for lunch, spicy chicken meatball soup for dinner.

Today - I have a hankering for a good deli sandwich for lunch, but since there aren't any truly good deli's anymore, I'm going to have to go get the fixin's to make my own.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Can't say, but it was delicious.

Probably horse liver.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm making Stromboli tonight.  I had some Salami and mozzarella that were close to expiring, so I thought it would be a good use for them.  I use this recipe:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/scott-conant/scarpetta-stromboli-recipe/index.html

It's delicious and not greasy at all.  Really more like a delicious loaf of bread.

Black pudding and apple, with mashed potato. I have a bottle of cold ale somewhere hereabouts to go with.

-Elwood Blues

Salad and grilled chicken topped with roasted hatch pepper I had in the freezer.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Probably was unwise in hindsight, but I had 1.5 litres of sugar-free jelly/jello (delete as applicable).

:biggrin: Sounds sweet even if it was sugar free

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Wholewheat toast, butter, and homemade grapefruit marmalade for breakfast. I use butter because it makes me feel full till lunch, unlike margarine, which leaves me hungry again in about half an hour.

Spaghetti carbonara (no cream) later, I think. Have good bacon, eggs, and garlic.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

I think I'm going to the VFW tonight, that means dinner will be BBQ pulled pork sandwiches with beer and baseball. Sounds like a plan to me.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Wholewheat toast, butter, and homemade grapefruit marmalade for breakfast. I use butter because it makes me feel full till lunch, unlike margarine, which leaves me hungry again in about half an hour.

Spaghetti carbonara (no cream) later, I think. Have good bacon, eggs, and garlic.

I had carbonara for dinner last light. Death to cream in carbonara! Bacon, 50/50 whole eggs to egg yolk ratio, pecorino romano, sea salt, freshly cracked tellicherry black pepper. Sometimes I add red pepper flakes and garlic - but that's just me being decadent.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

I'm off to a session with the blokes in the pub, after a weekend without. This means cheese and onion sandwiches, but to make sure I'm not too hungry I'm going to make pancake mix and do a couple first.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

I think I'm going to the VFW tonight, that means dinner will be BBQ pulled pork sandwiches with beer and baseball. Sounds like a plan to me.

Yum, BBQ pulled pork sandwiched sounds delicious :yes:

I'm having Turkey steak with Rice for supper tonight

John Milton 

I'm out late tonight so I suppose I will eat some cereal.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

What do you guys do to spice up your rice?

I enjoyed my dinner but the rice was lacking in flavour

John Milton 

Put pepper on it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Put pepper on it.

I could do that, I ended up using a Peri-Peri sauce that did add flavour but I was looking at a more elegant solution to infuse flavour while the rice is cooking.

John Milton 

Well that's too fancy for me, I just sprinkle some Scotch Bonnet sauce on it and mix it up. :thumbsup:

Having leftover Thai food tonight. Excitement.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Put pepper on it.

I could do that, I ended up using a Peri-Peri sauce that did add flavour but I was looking at a more elegant solution to infuse flavour while the rice is cooking.

Cardamom pod in with the rice. Nice delicate aromatic flavour.

-Elwood Blues

Sometimes I replace part or all of the water with broth with the type depending on what I'm pairing it with

Also, different spices and veggies or meats like cardamom, saffron, turmeric, mushrooms, scallions, celery, peppers, onions, eggs , etc. A favorite of mine is cilantro and lime

Free games updated 3/4/21

I let my rice cool just a bit then saute it in a bit of olive oil with chopped up veggies (whatever strikes your fancy) and a dash or two of soy sauce. I like it a bit browned. Super good. I've even taken the leftovers the next morning and added eggs to it, scrambling it all together.

I let my rice cool just a bit then saute it in a bit of olive oil with chopped up veggies (whatever strikes your fancy) and a dash or two of soy sauce. I like it a bit browned. Super good. I've even taken the leftovers the next morning and added eggs to it, scrambling it all together.

In California, we call that fried rice. :)