What you did today

Rosbjerg

I catnapped a lot. :cat:

The new toilet float thingie makes for a much louder flush, for some reason. All the better to scare Mr. Black with...

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Getting ready to get back to studies, so I'm going to party my ass off this weekend.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Getting ready to get back to studies, so I'm going to party my ass off this weekend.

Don't do anything I wouldn't do.

EDIT:

You know that bit in every nature documentary about Africa, where the rains come? And you get grumbling thunder, and the apes whoop, and the wildebeeste herd about chasing the fresh green shoots? Well, my guts have been making that noise all day. I fear I may be about to suffer some sort of rectal apocalypse.

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well I finally got the news that the copy of WIndows 7 was in with the rest of the gubbins I needed, so I went and collected it. Started the fun of putting all the components together, then found out I'd made one wee booboo.

My dvd drives are old enough that they actually need IDE cables.. new motherboards have generally moved past that. Now I need to head out manana morning and pick myself up a sata optical drive.

I think this gets filed under #ThingsYouReallyShouldRememberToCheck.

Also, since when did Intel stop putting in the thermal paste with chips and heatsink fans?

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Well I finally got the news that the copy of WIndows 7 was in with the rest of the gubbins I needed, so I went and collected it. Started the fun of putting all the components together, then found out I'd made one wee booboo.

My dvd drives are old enough that they actually need IDE cables.. new motherboards have generally moved past that. Now I need to head out manana morning and pick myself up a sata optical drive.

I think this gets filed under #ThingsYouReallyShouldRememberToCheck.

Also, since when did Intel stop putting in the thermal paste with chips and heatsink fans?

Hope you don't have to deal with Windows 7 activation like I did:

Got a free copy of the ultimate edition from my school (they're signed up with Microsoft's Dreamspark program). Turns out... the key was invalid!  :w00t: Then I had the pleasure of talking with "Bob" from Microsoft India to clear that up -- fun times.

Edited by Syraxis

I joined these boards.  Hello.

Hi.

What I did today: 25Kg dumbbell biceps curls (elbow resting on bench) with forced repetitions and some triceps inclines. Forced reps rock, those hit the muscle way harder than anything else.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Needs more benchpresses and squats, also be careful with forced reps you can get a lot of gains but on the long term they tend to overwork your system aka heart failure.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

What makes you think I'm not doing squats and bench pressing? Dumbbell bench pressing is my favorite exercise.  :blink: 

also be careful with forced reps you can get a lot of gains but on the long term they tend to overwork your system aka heart failure.

I've been doing forced reps for 8 years now, according to my cardiologist I visited a year ago my heart is big and working flawlessly. IMO mountain cycling is much MUCH harder on my system than any strength exercise so I'm really not concerned about damaging my heart with a couple of heavy forced dumbbell reps. (But I guess you can damage your heart if you take roids and bench press cars)

Edited by Woldan

If Woldan's heart fails, he will just rip out someone else's heart and shove it into his chest.

So I'm buying a lot of alcohol and am trying to resist getting into it. I can't say I won't do anything Wals wouldn't do this weekend, but I'll try to not do anything Ros wouldn't do.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

What makes you think I'm not doing squats and bench pressing? Dumbbell bench pressing is my favorite exercise.  :blink: 

also be careful with forced reps you can get a lot of gains but on the long term they tend to overwork your system aka heart failure.

I've been doing forced reps for 8 years now, according to my cardiologist I visited a year ago my heart is big and working flawlessly. IMO mountain cycling is much MUCH harder on my system than any strength exercise so I'm really not concerned about damaging my heart with a couple of heavy forced dumbbell reps. (But I guess you can damage your heart if you take roids and bench press cars)

Good thing too, overworking due to steroids is a problem as well as bad steroids. Also, you do mountain cycling?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

If Woldan's heart fails, he will just rip out someone else's heart and shove it into his chest.

So I'm buying a lot of alcohol and am trying to resist getting into it. I can't say I won't do anything Wals wouldn't do this weekend, but I'll try to not do anything Ros wouldn't do.

Yeah do what I do... what could possibly go wrong?

Edit.. man I really want to post a picture I shouldn't post to prove my point... But it would be entirely unfitting! :D

Fortune favors the bald.

I'm more interested on what could go right myself. If it goes wrong...**** it I'm under 30 and single now.

• Like 1

...work sucked, as per usual; had ta fire one o' our long-term guys fer blatant stupidity...pity, he was a good worker a few years ago, jus' got lax o'er the years an' his moronity put peoples at risk today...I needs ta win the damn lottery... :getlost:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Good thing too, overworking due to steroids is a problem as well as bad steroids. Also, you do mountain cycling?

I've heard of body builders in their early 30's having hearts and arteries like 75 year olds, completely fubar, I would not touch roids with a rusty ten feet long halberd - even when taken responsibly and under medical supervision.

Yes I do lots of mountain cycling because the terrain here is extremely hilly and mountainous. My regular cycling route consist of painful 2.5 hours of ~25% inclines but the downhill sections allow me to reach speeds in excess of 100 kmh - which is a great motivator when climbing those hills.

Orogun01, I'm curious, you sound like you have some experience with physical fitness, are you (or were you) pumping iron as well?

Edited by Woldan

I'm more interested on what could go right myself. If it goes wrong...**** it I'm under 30 and single now.

Regret is the mindkiller.. Just remember that girls get a lot more freaky in their late 20's ;)

Fortune favors the bald.

Regret is the mindkiller.. Just remember that girls get a lot more freaky in their late 20's ;)

...an' e'en freakier in theys mid-late 30's...:p

• Like 2

@Woldan: Casually (by which I mean by myself) just exercises that target joints, it helps with arthritis related pain. Although I have been looking into getting into it but right now might not be the best time for me. Also, kudos on the mountain cycling its not just the rocky terrain its the altitude and low oxygen. That's probably one of the most difficult cardio workouts there is. 

@Kaine: If what you are looking for is to get so drunk that you have a memorable adventure like in the hangover then you can just run around with your underwear on your head, barf and wake up nude next to a hobo. That's the kind of real adventures you have when you're drunk, why do you think Wals lives on the country with no farm animals?

village_idiot.gif

@Kaine: If what you are looking for is to get so drunk that you have a memorable adventure like in the hangover then you can just run around with your underwear on your head, barf and wake up nude next to a hobo. That's the kind of real adventures you have when you're drunk, why do you think Wals lives on the country with no farm animals?

I'm looking to...get lucky as much as possible, not wake up in piss and vomit next to a cow.

I know, I try to go for older* women when I can. Not only for the freak, but they are also more likely to not be broke.

*older than me, which is probably around the same age or quite younger than many posters on this forum.

Edited by KaineParker

...jus' don't fergit ta wrap it up, lad...wool sock & duct tape it if'n ya gotta...:p

I can verify the late 30's woman thing that Sargy was talking about.  Stuff is way better now than it was in our 20's.

Today we had a bit of a surprise birthday dinner for me, even though my 35th isn't until Friday.  My wife and I were stuck in the city a bit later than usual, so we went to dinner and I had a couple really good beers.  Then when I got home I opened my mailbox, noticed a card from my parents, and still being a bit buzzed, managed to toss it a good distance into the field next to us.  My kids thought this was a fantastic idea and began tossing all the junk mail around as well.  It was good fun :)

• Like 3