My EP story ..your EP story and now let the story be told

As we all know it underneath the lands of Eternity, hmmm even better young one let me take this cheese wheel and cut it open and inside you see by magical means lots of tunnels and holes. the ancient lore adventures and heroes have fund suggest that in fact these holes and tunnels are home to the Dark hordes borrowing deeper and deeper down to the dark. and we all know what is at the bottomless pit awaiting tho who comes on a viset

an evil so heinous so bestial in nature that even the gods fear them for if the evil of the bottomless pit will walk on the world again all mortals will crap in their pants..

now go out and play with your friends my child

• Like 2

The Bone Gnawer (a fragment)

There was an old couple who went to church every Sunday - at midnight. This had been their custom all their lives. One sunday night in church the man said to his wife, "Wait here. I'll come back soon."
The man disappeared behind one of the doors. She waited dutifully. Soon the man returned and the couple went back home. From then on, the man would disappear behind that mysterious door every time they went to church. She was curious to know why she wasn't allowed to go with him, but he sternly forbade her.
The wife decided to catch him by surprise. After the man walked through the doorway, she waited a moment, followed, peeked through the doorway and saw the man gnawing on a bone. The man said, "And the next victim is YOU!"

Edited by centurionofprix
  • Like 3

EP - An Electrum Piece

A hump-backed hag didn't need to bend down as she raked up a patinated coin with her claws for nails.

The tarnished piece of metal lay there in a disturbed part of a plundered tumulus.

She chuckled at her wind fall and turned her behind up the slope in order to get some free speed down it

And then, whammy! A skeletal hand grasped her arthritic arm.

She screamed as her old age spots turned white from the violent crushing grip.

"Why?" she howled.

"That coin is not yours to have. It's not from this world," a booming voice replied from within the burial mound.

Then she got dragged into the grave, literally, and the old hag was never seen again, and the disturbed part by the tumulus was even wider now.

• Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

"Hey kid"

Great, another bastard calling me kid, screw him, I didn't hear it.

"Hey kid! wait up!"

The man caught hold of my sleeve, I really can't be recognised right now.

"I'm not a kid, leave me alone."

I make off, but he holds on to my sleeve insistently, he moves to block me, with the most serious of faces, he clasps my free hand.

It was moving to my dagger, damn him.

"Just take it" he says.

I feel something coarse pressed into my dagger hand, not this again

"Look, I'm just not interested in your little cult, now leave me alone"

But sure enough, just like last time, there it was.

A square tile, wooden, a maze pattern cut out of it. And of course, no explanations.

I'm done with mysterious strangers, this is the fourth one this week.

It seems everyone is in a secret society these days, and I have the pick of the litter.

It's just too bad the litter seems to be the product of incest.

Every god-damn time. Fine. I make a showing of putting his stupid tile into my coin purse, he seems mollified.

"thank you"

he smiles, and lets go of my dagger hand.

his mistake.

Two severed arteries later and the man drowning in his own blood has to listen to my final message to his stupefied face.

"You're a nobody, your stupid little group is a group of nobodies, and your tokens aren't original or safe. Do you have any idea what a skilled cypher could do with this tile?

...Exactly what I want, find your little club, rob it blind, leave no witnesses."

That last part was for me, his eyes have already glazed over.

Looks like I got some work cut out.

Three 'secret societies' in two weeks. I like this town, everyone hates each other, everyone fears each other.

And they don't yet fear me.

Perfect.

Edited by JFSOCC
  • Like 3

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

ohhh so you all want to hear a love story , yelled the bard up laud from the taven stage
the crowd yelled yes and yhee lets hear it and ther where also  a small applause.
the bard began his story .. well this is a story about a fair maiden her name Lady Clhestis
wunderbaum hollow and her secret lover the lone ranger a forest dwarf his name was
thestos the mighty Woodberry stumper, a night while they where alone in the moonshine starlight shadows the lady asked her dwarfed fellow ,so tell me how much wood can you get i you see i need it for,he broke her of silencing her with hes appendix finger darling, he whispered in her ear i have wood in miles far an wide enough for you to have a full house..

.well the bard was later beaten to death..

Edited by okkoko
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

so you say that two well esteemed Noble merchant Houses hold territory around my Own lands well will see on how i can help them out and courses some Lawful trading

knowing what could happen a trade hub hidden traps like one thing is know-en both Guilds deal in informations,? not even enough said ?

You know how most stories go; dumb farm boy finds treasure. Leads to glory and earth-shattering doom.

Well my story ... hmm all I did was go to buy a meal at a stall. Some random person in a crowd stabs me in the ribs. The twist; the knife didn't inject poison, no the damned thing stuck someone's soul in me and now it's trying to get control. I used to be a nobody, but this new soul ... I seem to have stolen or assimilated some of their skills. I tried everybody I could think of but even cyphers tell me I'm delusional. Even as the thing, the person, gnaws away at me no one will believe me. Well I'll be damned if it'll get my body easily ...

• Like 3

I'm sorry, I don't get it. What's an EP? A scary bonfire story or something like that?

Please, someone explain this thread to me, I'm horribly confused. :D

Who knows.

But this thread is completely off-topic to Project Eternity and is relevant to regular "role-playing," though Obsidian doesn't have an official "RP" subforum, it seems. 

Edited by Ieo

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

I'm sorry, I don't get it. What's an EP? A scary bonfire story or something like that?

Please, someone explain this thread to me, I'm horribly confused. :D

well if you have a story what happen in PE just to give the world more life idear?

I'm not about to attempt a backstory until I see more of the world and lore, and that won't be for a while, I imagine. Obsidian wouldn't want to spoil too much anyway. Something class-based might be interesting.

But your OP doesn't work anyway. Because there is no "evil" in Project Eternity.  :lol:

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

But your OP doesn't work anyway. Because there is no "evil" in Project Eternity.  :lol:

Be that as it may, note the narrative technique in okkoko's EP story. The narrator as a character might, from his point of view, call some things evil regardless of the moral nature of the world.

Edited by centurionofprix
  • Like 1

The soul's name seems to be... "Bhaal."

:). I joke. I like it.

Freudian slip? I never even considered BG as I wrote. My subconscious is showing ...

Haha. I wasn't meaning to suggest any kind of slip (Freudian or otherwise) on your part. I just thought it was a funny connection. :)

HUMOR!

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

"I'm sorry."
"I know."
"I'm so sorry."

"Lad." and the old hand gripped a young shoulder. "I know."
"They'll sing songs of you. A hundred. A thousand." the youth proclaimed, as slight tears fell about him.
​"Aye, maybe. But just something to get the blood stirring 'fore the real tale is spun, I think." and his grey eyes turned away from the cavern, and looked up into the face of his protégé, his kind and faithful novice. “You’re special, boy. I could say that a thousand times, but today, here and now, I mean it. I mean every word.” And his twisted, cankered hand gripped tight as an iron vice.
“There’s something inside you. Something…terrifying. I saw it the moment I found you in that ditch, and I see it now. You could set this world alight, or remind us what a Hero truly is.”

A cough racked his broad frame, and the aging Templar turned away. But his companion looked pale as old snow, and as the wind brushed through his sandy hair, he took a long breath.
“I’ll never forget you, Gjorn.”
“I should damn well hope not!” he responded, “Now get you gone, boy! I’ve a darkness to face!” and his iron grip turned to a push, even as he found the fear in him fading. Gjorn had seen much. Too much. He’d seen the best of men, and the worst. But now? Now, it had all come crashing to an end.
Maldred, his initiate, fled. He disappeared across the rocks, a lupine frame dancing from stone to stone like a seabird. The great ocean beside him was calm. Far calmer than Gjorn had ever seen it. A tragedy, perhaps? He’d have hoped for a storm, a tempest to mark his last moments.

No. No tempest. No storm. Just an old man, an older sword, and an aging enemy.
Gjorn edged inside the cave, and instantly, his every pore was filled with despair, with sorrow, with a lifetime’s worth of anger and bitterness wrenched from a loss too great to bear.
Cean Gúla.
His Cean Gúla.
A love so strong it bound the stars in awe, and a betrayal so callous  it…it angered them. Gjorn did not know who, or what, had cursed Alania with such a fate. Only that he had tried a thousand times to save her before…before…before…he’d realised she had no wish to be saved.

She was going to kill him. And he deserved it.
“He looks just like you did, Ally…” the old warrior croaked, as he began the final journey down the stone hole, his feet finding steps hammered into the rock. “…a strong jaw, though. I…” and a few tattered sobs interrupted him. “…I..couldn’t have asked for a better son.”
NOT MINE! NOT MINE! NOT MINE!”
The shrieking was a kin to that of the wind, of the ocean. Oh, Gjorn had found his tempest. It struck into his ears, and he wept yet more. Yet he continued downwards, every fibre of him filled with sadness.
She was waiting. As his soft boots found the bottom, he felt a cold hand upon his shoulder.

• Like 5

""...any man who faces battle without concern, is a moonstruck fool.
To be brave is to go forward anyway, no matter how afeared!
That is why I go forward, with so many other brave men."

been some nice final hours ewry thing in place and suddenly..suddenly. suddenly im experienced in what could be the best pc r . p . g game GAME!

and to day things zed up what a suprize later to day i try see if i can find my self a dragon not that it matters

the elfs lord told you this ?

the bingo bango mastor hat been overhearing the new gm

so they are making a new rpg ,,what rullz what cultures ?universal etiquette ?

swift wind tell us all again how the battle with the dragon troll worked out

So.? so what? exactly so what it is you are trying to tell me that right now them secound i use on thes word i say some on els read or uhmmm that i writ to you some one els well read it up even sevaral time befor thinking nah.. naaaah.. cant be or can it ? he climses it like thie just at the moment i pull of that cursed sword you say ?

well i allso fund some text with other referrals let me read them up to you sir bonggo nothise the text in his hand and started  reading them up

hello sir bonggo what is it that you need.well what i need ? me whos title SIr and the rare legendary name bonggo I! I! sirs or sirs sword dancers of moon-shadow speak i can it all all of it.. silence a speech like that and then the silence what of it ...text ends

what a great story i say! yelled the Captain

• Like 1

just a tiny grediens from me hope your all good and well . i also got a request from a orlan friend of me its goes as this. COM-ONE GUYS AND GIRLS MORE STORIES possibly great adventures mysteries and monsters and a 4th component or not your choice

lead the way

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Hello all well i thought long about it and i fund a story forming and come to be i decided here it comes is about a kings or a lords dreams or their sons or daughters but i guess is its, could have happen in the world of Project Eternity?

well! marvelous i say! once i was a king of frogs a realm full of quaking like a rotten trumpet.

then in front of my crown was blunt a queen of shyness pointy ears pony tail two twigs in hair but her crown i wanted a rare compound to share

ultimate goals are always there :) :) . but then she was to be queen of frogs realms here ... had to tell her the kingdom secret and i had lots to tell her

here goes what i told.

hags and jacks slag and mad i see you the key

she knew what it meant and i was content

• Like 1