Cooking workshop

Walsingham

I'm pondering trying to make a white chocolate souffle, using almond flour, and dusting it with fine ground caraway seed.

Thoughts? Ideas?

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm pondering trying to make a white chocolate souffle, using almond flour, and dusting it with fine ground caraway seed.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Try something that isn't likely to fail. And souflee? Ewwwwwwwww.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Thoughts? Ideas?

Don't forget to tell us how the date went.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Thoughts? Ideas?

Mail me some.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Thoughts? Ideas?

Mail me some.

Mail.

A souffle?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

My first thought is - have you been watching MasterChef? ;)

Thoughts? Ideas?

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

Thoughts? Ideas?

Well, obviously this is for a woman. But i think you chaps overestimate how hard a souffle is. Modern ovens, and thick glassware make them a doddle. And they are a very good way to deliver a taste kick.

You know, in my opinion.

What  I really need is a system for also dusting some salt-caramel across the top. But i don't thnk that'sppossible without some sort of industrial process and liquid nitrogen.

-Elwood Blues

Mail.

A souffle?

Kryptonite cooler boxes sent via SSTPS (Solar Slingshot Timewarp Package Service) works fairly well, I hear.
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Mail.

A souffle?

Kryptonite cooler boxes sent via SSTPS (Solar Slingshot Timewarp Package Service) works fairly well, I hear

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor causality stays the SSTPS.

-Elwood Blues

Cooking workshop, you say, eh?

Well then, use only the finest baby frogs, dew-picked and flown from Iraq, cleansed in the finest quality spring water, lightly killed, and sealed in a succulent, Swiss, quintuple-smooth, treble-milk chocolate envelope, and lovingly frosted with glucose.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Thoughts? Ideas?

Well, obviously this is for a woman. But i think you chaps overestimate how hard a souffle is. Modern ovens, and thick glassware make them a doddle. And they are a very good way to deliver a taste kick.

I don't really have an opinion on the difficulty, a souffle thread just sort of sticks out here.

Personally, I go for nachos. Sets the initial expectations suitably low. Also, helps fetter out the ones who don't eat from the ones who exercise like crazy :p

• Like 1

Perhaps if I made, like the most amazing nachos?

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Hm, depending on exactly how you want to go..    sliced up bananas, build a layer, sprinkle dark sugar, cinnamon, maybe a dash of nutmeg, sultanas, splash of cream and rum (or brandy or..well, whatever you feel like), repeat layers like that until all the bananas are gone. Cook until the banana slices are juuust started to lose their shape and the sugars almost caramalising..  serve.

Tastey, sweet, and ever so slightly alcoholic (depending on your chosen recipe levels..)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'd go with Nep's suggestion of nachos or a nice cake. Done well, you get the same end result as a soufflé without the high chance of ****ing up.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Can't bake cake. Whatever I bake cakewise turns into something from the 19th century Royal Navy.

EDIT: Not sodomy.

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 3

-Elwood Blues

Can't bake cake. Whatever I bake cakewise turns into something from the 19th century Royal Navy.

But wouldn't sodomy be a rather favourable outcome to a date? Edited by Nepenthe
  • Like 1

But wouldn't sodomy be a rather favourable outcome to a date?

I'm too chivalrous to dish it out, and too old fashioned to receive it gracefully. I'm afraid.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Thinly slice some beef and brown it in some taco seasoning. Top them off with that, some sliced or chopped jalapenos, black olives, chopped tomatoes and onions and of course cheese, bake it until the cheese melts and serve with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole. End it with some mint ice cream to tone down the onion breath and voila.

• Like 2
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Thoughts? Ideas?

You know, in my opinion.

What  I really need is a system for also dusting some salt-caramel across the top. But i don't thnk that'sppossible without some sort of industrial process and liquid nitrogen.

I've never made a souffle in my life. I tend not to make things that a lot of time. Except enchilada's. I'll do that.

Thinly slice some beef and brown it in some taco seasoning. Top them off with that, some sliced or chopped jalapenos, black olives, chopped tomatoes and onions and of course cheese, bake it until the cheese melts and serve with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole. End it with some mint ice cream to tone down the onion breath and voila.

We do ours pretty much the same way. Add a bit of black beans too though.

Thoughts? Ideas?

You know, in my opinion.

What I really need is a system for also dusting some salt-caramel across the top. But i don't thnk that'sppossible without some sort of industrial process and liquid nitrogen.

I don't know about dusting, but you could make some salted caramel, then drizzle it on some wax paper and put it in the freezer. When servig pull it out and either break or chop the drizzle and sprinkle it on top

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg