Space Hulk - review

Walsingham

Could happen some day, Space Marine rocked socks.

It's a unique game, certainly. Nothing comes close to forcing [me] to play without fear, like that game. If you are afraid you will die. If you are pure righteous fury then you are fine.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well on the one hand, even if the Grey Knights are rank amateurs compared to the Harlequins, Harlequins do lack the iconic nature of Space Marines, and space elf ninja clowns, no matter how badass they are with all their colour, finesse, and the most nightmarish weaponry in the 40K lore, may not be as appealing in an age of Gears of War and would only appeal to 40K fans who walk the walk and talk the talk.

On the other hand, Fire Warriors wouldn't have been my first choice for the subject of the first major mainstream action game based upon the franchise.

• Like 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Enjoying Space Hulk so far, thank you for the review Walsingham.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

On the other hand, Fire Warriors wouldn't have been my first choice for the subject of the first major mainstream action game based upon the franchise.[/url]

Wasn't Fire Warrior that infinitely boring, linear corridor shooter featuring Tau, released a long time ago? I remember trying it for 20 minutes on a console. Then had to stifle a yawn and do something else to wake up again.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Wasn't Fire Warrior that infinitely boring, linear corridor shooter featuring Tau, released a long time ago? I remember trying it for 20 minutes on a console. Then had to stifle a yawn and do something else to wake up again.

I never said it was good  :dancing:

My dream of a great character action game where you played as a Harlequin Solitaire unfortunately died when Itagaki left THQ shortly before the company folded. That said, that part of me that loves Armoured Core, Shogo: Mobile Armour Divsion, and Heavy Gear actually thinks the Tau and their Crisis suits are pretty damn cool.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Well on the one hand, even if the Grey Knights are rank amateurs compared to the Harlequins, Harlequins do lack the iconic nature of Space Marines, and space elf ninja clowns, no matter how badass they are with all their colour, 

<a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Harlequin" href="http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Harlequin" s_kiss#.uhqljesugjy"="">

I was thinking more along the lines of Eldar aspect warriors, Harlequins would be a tougher sell although they don't have to look like they've just come from a childrens' birthday party 

Death_Jester2_Colored.jpg

250px-Harlequin_Shadowseer.jpg

200px-Harlequin_Solitaire_Model_by_preci

• Like 1

On the other hand, Fire Warriors wouldn't have been my first choice for the subject of the first major mainstream action game based upon the franchise.[/url]

I guess I'm going to reveal myself to you all as a robot now, but I actually played through that game. It's competing with Lionheart for being the world's most awful game you still want to play. On the other hand, Lionheart starts out OK and devolves into an endless trudge through ****, Fire Warrior starts out as **** and gets more interesting later on.

• Like 1

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

oh lionheart... poor poor lionheart

• Like 1

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Well on the one hand, even if the Grey Knights are rank amateurs compared to the Harlequins, Harlequins do lack the iconic nature of Space Marines, and space elf ninja clowns, no matter how badass they are with all their colour, finesse, and the most

You speak of heresy, xeno-lover.

In no way can foul, fallen xenos compare to the glory and perfection of the Emperors Chosen!

Repent!

Edited by TrashMan

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

Well on the one hand, even if the Grey Knights are rank amateurs compared to the Harlequins, Harlequins do lack the iconic nature of Space Marines, and space elf ninja clowns, no matter how badass they are with all their colour, 

<a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Harlequin" href="http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Harlequin" s_kiss#.uhqljesugjy"="">

I was thinking more along the lines of Eldar aspect warriors, Harlequins would be a tougher sell although they don't have to look like they've just come from a childrens' birthday party 

Death_Jester2_Colored.jpg

250px-Harlequin_Shadowseer.jpg

200px-Harlequin_Solitaire_Model_by_preci

To be fair, I'd argue most fashionable youngsters I see in the street look like they came from a children's birthday party.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.