Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Space Hulk - review

review

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Serrano

Serrano

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1205 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Guessing Gorkamorka didn't turn out so well? Another idea to throw into the hat would be a new Space Crusade. 

Edited by Serrano, 24 August 2013 - 11:05 AM.

Rostere

Rostere

Illuminatus of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1084 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

If it's faithful to the original without any crap tacked onto it, I'll buy it.

melkathi

melkathi

Teddy Bear Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3436 posts
  • Steam:melkathi
  • Kickstarter Backer

Guessing Gorkamorka didn't turn out so well? Another idea to throw into the hat would be a new Space Crusade. 

That GorkaMorka game did so well, people have forgotten it exists (as you can tell ;) )

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7536 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Hey, I remember it, and I haven't even played it!

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5647 posts
  • Location:The drawing room of Lady Muldoon's residence one morning in early spring
  • Kickstarter Backer

Oooh. Now necromunda would be an interesting game. rejig it like it's a kind of X-Com maybe?

I'd have gone for a Devil May Cry/Bayonetta-style game that featured the Harlequins.

Now here's a man thinking with his imagination.

Much as I hate to admit it, console gamers would wet themselves if you could get the fluidity of the eldar into a game.

Serrano

Serrano

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1205 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Could happen some day, Space Marine rocked socks.

• Oner likes this

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5647 posts
  • Location:The drawing room of Lady Muldoon's residence one morning in early spring
  • Kickstarter Backer

It's a unique game, certainly. Nothing comes close to forcing [me] to play without fear, like that game. If you are afraid you will die. If you are pure righteous fury then you are fine.

melkathi

melkathi

• Members
  • 3436 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

The Emperor protects ;)

• Walsingham likes this

Agiel

Agiel

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 702 posts

Well on the one hand, even if the Grey Knights are rank amateurs compared to the Harlequins, Harlequins do lack the iconic nature of Space Marines, and space elf ninja clowns, no matter how badass they are with all their colour, finesse, and the most nightmarish weaponry in the 40K lore, may not be as appealing in an age of Gears of War and would only appeal to 40K fans who walk the walk and talk the talk.

On the other hand, Fire Warriors wouldn't have been my first choice for the subject of the first major mainstream action game based upon the franchise.

• Malcador and Nonek like this

Nonek

Nonek

Not of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3040 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Enjoying Space Hulk so far, thank you for the review Walsingham.

• Walsingham likes this

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 10648 posts

On the other hand, Fire Warriors wouldn't have been my first choice for the subject of the first major mainstream action game based upon the franchise.[/url]

Wasn't Fire Warrior that infinitely boring, linear corridor shooter featuring Tau, released a long time ago? I remember trying it for 20 minutes on a console. Then had to stifle a yawn and do something else to wake up again.

Agiel

Agiel

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 702 posts
Wasn't Fire Warrior that infinitely boring, linear corridor shooter featuring Tau, released a long time ago? I remember trying it for 20 minutes on a console. Then had to stifle a yawn and do something else to wake up again.

I never said it was good  :dancing:

My dream of a great character action game where you played as a Harlequin Solitaire unfortunately died when Itagaki left THQ shortly before the company folded. That said, that part of me that loves Armoured Core, Shogo: Mobile Armour Divsion, and Heavy Gear actually thinks the Tau and their Crisis suits are pretty damn cool.

Edited by Agiel, 25 August 2013 - 06:07 PM.

Serrano

Serrano

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1205 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Well on the one hand, even if the Grey Knights are rank amateurs compared to the Harlequins, Harlequins do lack the iconic nature of Space Marines, and space elf ninja clowns, no matter how badass they are with all their colour, 

<a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="http://wh40k.lexican.../wiki/Harlequin" href="http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Harlequin" s_kiss#.uhqljesugjy"="">

I was thinking more along the lines of Eldar aspect warriors, Harlequins would be a tougher sell although they don't have to look like they've just come from a childrens' birthday party 

Death_Jester2_Colored.jpg

250px-Harlequin_Shadowseer.jpg

200px-Harlequin_Solitaire_Model_by_preci

• Agiel likes this

Rostere

Rostere

Illuminatus of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1084 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

On the other hand, Fire Warriors wouldn't have been my first choice for the subject of the first major mainstream action game based upon the franchise.[/url]

I guess I'm going to reveal myself to you all as a robot now, but I actually played through that game. It's competing with Lionheart for being the world's most awful game you still want to play. On the other hand, Lionheart starts out OK and devolves into an endless trudge through ****, Fire Warrior starts out as **** and gets more interesting later on.

• Agiel likes this

entrerix

entrerix

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3541 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

oh lionheart... poor poor lionheart

• Walsingham likes this

TrashMan

TrashMan

Holy Avenger of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1523 posts

Well on the one hand, even if the Grey Knights are rank amateurs compared to the Harlequins, Harlequins do lack the iconic nature of Space Marines, and space elf ninja clowns, no matter how badass they are with all their colour, finesse, and the most

You speak of heresy, xeno-lover.

In no way can foul, fallen xenos compare to the glory and perfection of the Emperors Chosen!

Repent!

Edited by TrashMan, 28 August 2013 - 01:46 AM.

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5647 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Well on the one hand, even if the Grey Knights are rank amateurs compared to the Harlequins, Harlequins do lack the iconic nature of Space Marines, and space elf ninja clowns, no matter how badass they are with all their colour, 

<a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="http://wh40k.lexican.../wiki/Harlequin" href="http://wh40k.lexican.../wiki/Harlequin" s_kiss#.uhqljesugjy"="">

I was thinking more along the lines of Eldar aspect warriors, Harlequins would be a tougher sell although they don't have to look like they've just come from a childrens' birthday party 

Death_Jester2_Colored.jpg

250px-Harlequin_Shadowseer.jpg

200px-Harlequin_Solitaire_Model_by_preci

To be fair, I'd argue most fashionable youngsters I see in the street look like they came from a children's birthday party.

Serrano

Serrano

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1205 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I wonder what the chances of something like Chaos Gate are now that x-com has done so well.

Edited by Serrano, 28 August 2013 - 09:59 AM.

• Walsingham likes this

melkathi

melkathi

• Members
  • 3436 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I wonder what the chances of something like Chaos Gate are now that x-com has done so well.

Still hoping for it to come to GoG.

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7536 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

To be fair, I'd argue most fashionable youngsters I see in the street look like they came from a children's birthday party.

Don't insult children's parties. :p

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: review

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users