Dragon Age: Inquisition

Have you ever met gay people? Some of them do their very best to stuff their gayness down your throat. I have ZERO problem with gay people, but I don't really appreciate when gay (or anyone else for that matter) start to drown me on their way of life.

And the crusade bio is on would easily be explained if someone there in high position would be, let's say, enthusiastic for the cause.

Your point makes no sense. And yes I have several gay friends, some of them are conservative around there sexual orientation and some of them are flamboyant. I have no issue with either mannerism as I believe people should be who they are. Its the same when I go out with my gay friends that I don't pretend to be gay. Why should a gay person not be who he is?

But once again I am confused by what you are saying. Do you really think that optional gay Romance in Bioware games is "stuffing it down your throat" or "drowning me in there way of life". I assume you have played Bioware games so you know that any Romance is not mandatory. You must know this yet you still feel they are somehow forcing you to be part of something that you don't have to be part of. And you have an issue with it just because Bioware is choosing to be inclusive of there fan base 

And you still say " you have no issue with gay people". Really, because from where I'm sitting that's not what it looks like?

So in other words, if someone isn't enthusiastic about party NPC's being homosexual he's Hitler's and satan's offspring?

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Guest Slinky

Have you ever met gay people? Some of them do their very best to stuff their gayness down your throat. I have ZERO problem with gay people, but I don't really appreciate when gay (or anyone else for that matter) start to drown me on their way of life.

And the crusade bio is on would easily be explained if someone there in high position would be, let's say, enthusiastic for the cause.

Your point makes no sense. And yes I have several gay friends, some of them are conservative around there sexual orientation and some of them are flamboyant. I have no issue with either mannerism as I believe people should be who they are. Its the same when I go out with my gay friends that I don't pretend to be gay. Why should a gay person not be who he is?

But once again I am confused by what you are saying. Do you really think that optional gay Romance in Bioware games is "stuffing it down your throat" or "drowning me in there way of life". I assume you have played Bioware games so you know that any Romance is not mandatory. You must know this yet you still feel they are somehow forcing you to be part of something that you don't have to be part of. And you have an issue with it just because Bioware is choosing to be inclusive of there fan base 

And you still say " you have no issue with gay people". Really, because from where I'm sitting that's not what it looks like?

Yeah, you do have a point, can't deny that.

Let's just say I have experience with a person, who pretty much is to gay culture what a suicide bomber is to islam. I'll try to keep the less than pleasant feelings just a thought of that guy conjures up in me out from these forums for now on.

So in other words, if someone isn't enthusiastic about party NPC's being homosexual he's Hitler's and satan's offspring?

Nah, Hitler and Satan getting it on its pretty gay.

Can someone plz post something relevant to DA.? Preferably not gay related

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Yeah, you do have a point, can't deny that.

Let's just say I have experience with a person, who pretty much is to gay culture what a suicide bomber is to islam. I'll try to keep the less than pleasant feelings just a thought of that guy conjures up in me out from these forums for now on.

Okay well I appreciate your honesty and I agree lets not derail this discussion with something we can discuss another time :)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Poor Bioware, being persecuted by people with an agenda, heh. Even if they do do that, they get a rise out of you, so why bother about people slamming some company or its workers.

I don't think you've seen too many rises out of me over the years (a few, I admit) so you're not as successful at trollin as you think you are :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

That is, no sarcasm, a definitive argument against my saying that it made it clear. So I do need to change it. I won't pick over what I meant and how you interpreted it was wrong. If it's distracting to see, then that still drags the message down.

Just to make it clear, I "wholly" support the idea of "bringing in new characters."

I have no major reservations with some characters like Morrigan or Varric being reintroduced for DAI as, in general, I do think that they are interesting characters and on some level it does work for ramping up enthusiasm. I have seen a healthy amount of posts that are clamouring for their Warden (especially) and Hawke to return, complete with details of it can be "easily done" and so forth. It's funny that I said, in a different post, that having high expectations/enthusiasm for including Hawke/Warden content is probably putting oneself on the road to disappointment, as the main person in this game is the Inquisitor.

I like that we don't just use the same protagonist throughout each game and it lets us try different things with new characters.

Bring back old characters is a risk on all of those. Cassandra is an interesting exception. She seems designed to cross games. She has no epilogue, no actions or choices involving her, and she was barely seen or characterized. Isabella and Merril for DA2 are similar, but seem to have achieved those things incidentally, not by intent.

Cassandra's character is lightweight enough that she was essentially a "faceless mook" in DA2, so in that regards we don't know much about her.

Romance stuff, of course, does come up a bit on BSN and there were people expressing one side of enthusiasm / concern about potentially romancing characters like Leliana/Morrigan, though David (and I think some of the other writers) did comment that stuff like that wouldn't happen since there's really nothing new and interesting that can be done with a previous character that has been romanced.

• Like 1

Poor Bioware, being persecuted by people with an agenda, heh. Even if they do do that, they get a rise out of you, so why bother about people slamming some company or its workers.

I don't think you've seen too many rises out of me over the years (a few, I admit) so you're not as successful at trollin as you think you are :)

To be honest I don't understand how you guys know someone is trolling? If someone says something unless it is really silly I have to assume they want to engage in meaningful debate  :geek:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Interesting, as I don't think I'm trying to troll. You mentioned these anti-Bioware people here being a nuisance of sorts, so you're not ignoring them. Getting a rise does not mean that you post some long diatribe against them in a thread, after all.

And Bruce, there is no meaningful debate here. :p

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Interesting, as I don't think I'm trying to troll. You mentioned these anti-Bioware people here being a nuisance of sorts, so you're not ignoring them. Getting a rise does not mean that you post some long diatribe against them in a thread, after all.

And Bruce, there is no meaningful debate here. :p

Malc that's the thing, there are many debates that are stimulating on these forums :)

John Milton 

Undoubtedly, as people keep posting.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I for one hope the majority of DA2 characters don't appear. Not due to any aversions to their sexual makeup or epilogues, but because I find most of them incredibly annoying. Most came off as petty, petulant children except for Varric and Aveline. Granted, I would probably be annoying too if I had been enslaved all my life, or persecuted as a mage, etc but do you really have to talk about it all the time with no room for forgiveness or compromise?

Not sure if the writing was good and meant to annoy to some degree or if it was bad and they just ended up with unlikable characters. 

Some of these comments are getting a touch personal.

Feel free to criticize EA, BioWare, or Dragon Age. Feel free to criticize David's writing.

I'd like to avoid discussions of how you dislike David though. Or how his sexual orientation means he's being 'dishonest' on some level.

Thanks Maria.

I think the topic has moved on now ? but adding my reinforcement with a reminder that personalized belittlement re: other company's policies, employees etc. goes against the Forum Guidelines here. Debate the game, not the person.

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You should forgive or compromise with the people who enslave you? LMAO

Just moving on in general Volo.

Watched the combat video. I can't really tell if it looks good or not. The Get Over Here! Spear is nothing new in games, so I hope it one of many skills warriors will have access to. 

I was hoping to see how far the camera panned out, didn't show that. DA2's camera was frustrating and I don't know why they felt they had to change DAO's. 

Full Party Control is good, but to what extent? I want all my party members to be able to move independently across the entire map, travel in formation when out of combat but in an combat environment, not run after the leader willy nilly or teleport to each other when too far apart. I've really disliked this type of party movement as it just limits what I can do tactically. 

I hope they give enemies and players access to the same skills this time around. Combat in DA2 really got tedious when every mage you encountered had like 3 spells. I would like enemy warriors to pull in player mages if the player has that option. Maybe even use that tactically if mages have a sunburst type of spell.

Also I'm iffy about mixing actiony combat with a party based RPG. I mean it works in games like the Witcher because you are controlling only one character, but with a party, I'm afraid it'll be more frustrating than fun, much like the boss battle in the deep road tunnels at the end of act 1 in DA2. 

Edited by Azure79
  • Like 1

You should forgive or compromise with the people who enslave you? LMAO

Just moving on in general Volo.

Watched the combat video. I can't really tell if it looks good or not. The Get Over Here! Spear is nothing new in games, so I hope it one of many skills warriors will have access to. 

I was hoping to see how far the camera panned out, didn't show that. DA2's camera was frustrating and I don't know why they felt they had to change DAO's. 

Full Party Control is good, but to what extent? I want all my party members to be able to move independently across the entire map, travel in formation when out of combat but in an combat environment, not run after the leader willy nilly or teleport to each other when too far apart. I've really disliked this type of party movement as it just limits what I can do tactically. 

I hope they give enemies and players access to the same skills this time around. Combat in DA2 really got tedious when every mage you encountered had like 3 spells. I would like enemy warriors to pull in player mages if the player has that option. Maybe even use that tactically if mages have a sunburst type of spell.

Also I'm iffy about mixing actiony combat with a party based RPG. I mean it works in games like the Witcher because you are controlling only one character, but with a party, I'm afraid it'll be more frustrating than fun, much like the boss battle in the deep road tunnels at the end of act 1 in DA2.

Thank you for typing my thoughts so I didn't have to.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Just saw some combat. Looks pretty good.

https://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/08/16/combat-of-dragon-age-inquisition.aspx

They've got a grapple hook in there, always a good thing. I see some Demon Souls and Witcher bits as well.

Yay!  Gameplay footage!  That does look and sound pretty good.  Hopefully they're able to fully realize all the things they talk about.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I just hope it doesn't end up being dumbed down compared to DA:O.  Attributes matter so little in DA2, and every class feels rushed.  They have some interesting concepts there, though.

Save RPGs

Saying Dragon Age 2 is the worst recent Bioware RPG is like saying the Ferrari California is the worst Ferrari. It's still a Ferrari; an elite, top-tier, without much competition in today's industry.

"Attributes matter so little in DA2, and every class feels rushed."

FALSE.

It certainly lacked the depth from tabletop systems. Hopefully with exploration they'll integrate them as part of the abilities tree.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

DA2 stands as a shining example of rushed and/or lazy game design. Take your pick.

I pick rushed.  50 hour RPG made in well under two years was bound to go sour.  

Edited by Rhamnetin

Save RPGs

Saying Dragon Age 2 is the worst recent Bioware RPG is like saying the Ferrari California is the worst Ferrari. It's still a Ferrari; an elite, top-tier, without much competition in today's industry.

Just saw some combat. Looks pretty good.

https://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/08/16/combat-of-dragon-age-inquisition.aspx

They've got a grapple hook in there, always a good thing. I see some Demon Souls and Witcher bits as well.

Yay!  Gameplay footage!  That does look and sound pretty good.  Hopefully they're able to fully realize all the things they talk about.

Gameplay does indeed look solid. I do hope the damage was so low for showing purposes only(two handed vs shield battle). 

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.