Dragon Age: Inquisition

A shame you couldn't beat up Joker though, when he nags at you in ME3 at least. Or maybe I just hate Seth Green.

Joker is one of the few characters I actually liked from ME.

Well, your opinions aren't worth dirt then. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Have I mentioned lately how disappointed I was that Morrigan was one of the few jNPCs who had to survive DA:O? 

(Although, to Bio's credit, even when they write a character who they just know their audience will love, they still usually build in an opportunity to rebuke them at some point.  It was pretty satisfying to finally tell M just how insane I thought she was, to unload on Joker for his lack of professionalism and military decorum, and to watch the "drunken loser" Alistair epilogue.)

You can actually tell Morrigan to pike off and she does.

Though I don't know if she returns to offer the dark ritual or not.

I think I knew that at some point, but it's been a long time.  The first time I played the game, I kept everybody around for purely meta-gamey reasons.  I didn't want to miss any potentially interesting content.  If I ever do feel the urge to replay DAO, yeah, Morrigan is getting ditched, and Zevran is getting offed.  I can do without that one dragon fight.

PC Mage, Shale, Wynne, and whoever is most plot-relevant for the current quest.  (If none, Sten.) 

Ugh, I hated Morrigan and Zevran so much, I guess I'm pro-space cripple and anti-meddling witch and anti-gay assassin (I can't type that in without laughing).  Wynne is BY FAR my favorite companion in either DA game.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I didn't discriminate, I hated them all equally.

Seriously, besides blue alien ass I'm having trouble remembering the rest of the characters.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Also, Why y'all hatin' on space cripples?  What did space cripples ever do to you?

:teehee:

I don't hate Joker, I just really don't understand the Normandy's design. It's wrong.

To try and return to the topic, I feel myself getting vulnerable to the dulling of old memories. I saw a question "what platform will you be getting DA:I on" and I almost answered. I had to stop and think to myself, wait, I'm not even currently planning to get it at all!

I'm even replaying DA:O. And that's building up some hype. I feel myself slipping...

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Seriously, besides blue alien ass I'm having trouble remembering the rest of the characters.

Well, there was stock photograph mysterious accent alien, sexy engineered neo-human ass, completely not generic in any way shape or form space marine with faux hawk, token black companion, foul-mouthed psycho, neurotic alien, ...

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Human ass, family trauma. That's all you need to know.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Guest Slinky

I'm even replaying DA:O. And that's building up some hype. I feel myself slipping...

I reserve the right to point you with finger and laugh at you if you get hyped and the game turns out to be a disappointment.

Not saying the game cannot be good, it's just that bioware managed to drop itself to "buy if/when you get atleast -50% sale" after DA2/ME3 in my books. Especially I would take the information the devs give with a mountain of salt before DAI gets released.

Yeah I distinctly remember family trauma. Its like the whole Bioware crew grew up in Dickensian England.

Also, Why y'all hatin' on space cripples?  What did space cripples ever do to you?

:teehee:

I don't hate Joker, I just really don't understand the Normandy's design. It's wrong.

Agreed :D

If they're planning to make a spaceship that doesn't land, why bother making it so aerodynamic? I mean, wings? in space? for what? extra target?

Normandy SR-2 is too... earthy IMO. It was designed like it was made for terrestrial flight.

Edited by exodiark

Agreed :D

If they're planning to make a spaceship that doesn't land, why bother making it so aerodynamic? I mean, wings? in space? for what? extra target?

Normandy SR-2 is too... earthy IMO. It was designed like it was made for terrestrial flight.

Doesn't the Normandy still land on planets?

Although the reality is probably more along the lines of someone simply saying "I like the way this looks" rather than any strict adherence to plausibility.

I typically built spacecraft that still had "wings" in games like GalCiv II and other games like that, simply because I liked the way they look. There was probably a degree of visual familiarity I had with it as well.

Well keep in mind it can still fight in the atmosphere, it's aerodynamics might be useful at that point.

SR2 was supposed to be unable to enter atmosphere given its great size. This is why all the missions drop you off in a shuttle. Of course I don't think Illium is ever explained and Mass Effect 3 completely forgets.

I'm more bothered by the forward facing window, putting the pilot in the most vulnerable combat position on the hsip, and Joker taking credit for automated systems. He brags about the accuracy of a faster than light jump in the first minutes of Mass Effect 1. Just what was he doing to give it such accuracy? Was he steering the ship at near instantaneous FTL, making up for .0000000000000000001 degree deviations that could send them light years off course? By feel? Is he a math whiz capable of calculating course corrections instantaneously?

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well keep in mind it can still fight in the atmosphere, it's aerodynamics might be useful at that point.

SR2 was supposed to be unable to enter atmosphere given its great size. This is why all the missions drop you off in a shuttle. Of course I don't think Illium is ever explained and Mass Effect 3 completely forgets.

I'm more bothered by the forward facing window, putting the pilot in the most vulnerable combat position on the hsip, and Joker taking credit for automated systems. He brags about the accuracy of a faster than light jump in the first minutes of Mass Effect 1. Just what was he doing to give it such accuracy? Was he steering the ship at near instantaneous FTL, making up for .0000000000000000001 degree deviations that could send them light years off course? By feel? Is he a math whiz capable of calculating course corrections instantaneously?

Just like when someone is blind or deaf and one of the other senses becomes hyper sensitive to compensate, being a space cripple means having hyper advanced navigation and math skills.  That's why EDI is hot for his loins.  She's turned on by how many decimal places of pi he can recite.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Joker gets and wants props for engaging autopilot- but that is consistent with The Shep being... not exactly the brightest star in the galaxy, intellect wise. S/He gets betrayed/ manipulated how many times over the course of the series? S/He managed the extraordinary feat of eliminating two mafia dons for a third mafia don without cottoning on, for example.

In fact there really isn't much about ME you cannot retcon by simply remembering that Shep has the mental faculties of a small stick of broccoli, including Joker's 'skills'.

OTOH I can't remember the DA protagonists being quite so consistently dim, especially The Warden.

It always bothered me that Joker was never a robot, or at least a cyborg. It would explain why he would be used to pilot a ship, then.

I made a 2 hour rant video about dragon age 2. It's not the greatest... but if you want to watch it, here ya go:

How do cross-platform game-save results work ... are they linked to my online profile, or do I have to play the same game series on one platform to get the carry-over fuzzy fun good times loyalty reward dialogue in Inquisition. I ask, because I read today that Morrigan will be somewhat influenced in DA:I by past choices in DA:O.   

All Stop. On Screen.

They've said they're working to bring over your choices, but they haven't said how. There's also the problem that the save games have some bad flags. Some have speculated that they might use a comic or a checklist.

As far as I know, there's nothing linked to your online profile.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

No, even bigger ships than the Normandy can enter atmo, it's just the capital ships that can't. IIRC it was originally "it can't land", but looks like ME3 retconned it to "it's less agile".

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Doesn't the Normandy still land on planets?

Yeah, I kept asking the same question too, according to ME2, SR2 was supposed to be to heavy to fly on planets (with, I presume, Earth's gravity (1g)).

Normandy did rely on space fueling station and Citadel's dock for maintenance, both have no gravity acceleration.

But then in ME3 ending, it landed on Earth.

But eh, maybe they upgraded SR3 to make it lighter :|

Edited by exodiark
  • Like 1

They've said they're working to bring over your choices, but they haven't said how. There's also the problem that the save games have some bad flags. Some have speculated that they might use a comic or a checklist.

As far as I know, there's nothing linked to your online profile.

They did say that before DA2, too, and it certainly didn't have anything like that. Apparently MS and Sony vetoed it. Sure, due to the generation change, it might be different this time around... But I won't be holding my breath. Instead, I'll be grinding through DAO twice and enjoying DA2 twice. ;)

You know my friends, when I see you debate the features of a virtual space ship the most pressing question on my mind (apart from a cluster headache) is... are you getting any?

You know my friends, when I see you debate the features of a virtual space ship the most pressing question on my mind (apart from a cluster headache) is... are you getting any?

And when you constantly heckle in threads about games you (claim you) are not going to buy, I KNOW you're not getting any.

• Like 2

Human ass, family trauma. That's all you need to know.

Is there no more love for the singing lizard these days?

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."