Dragon Age: Inquisition

dragon-age-inquisitiongeneraljpg-30bee4_

Official Website

A cataclysmic event has plunged the land of Thedas into turmoil. Dragons now darken the sky, casting a shadow of terror over a once-peaceful kingdom. Mages have broken into an all-out war against the oppressive Templars. Nations rise against one another. It falls to you to restore order as you lead the Inquisition and hunt down the agents of chaos - your choices will forever change the Dragon Age.

The Fire's Above - trailer.

From IGN:

As the Chantry’s oppression of the mages comes to a head in the opening of Inquisition, a Fade tear splits the sky, leading dragons and other monsters into the fray, “and that kicks off the events." Following that, nations plunge into war, and “the decision is made to bring back an inquisition to find out what’s going on and stop this,” Flynn explains.

Release Date: Fall 2014
Supported: PS3, PS 4, XBox 360, XBox One, PC
Engine: DICE's Frostbyte

-----------------------------

Why Dragon Age: Inquisition isn't Called DA 3 - article

Open-World Re-Imagining - video interview

First Look: DA:I Concept Art - blog

DAI Wallpapers

A Look Inside Dragon Age: Inquisition's Development

Dragon Age: Inquisition Coverage Trailer - Game Informer

---

Btw, does anyone knows who the main character is for DA:I? I kinda be more psyched if they let us resume the story with the Warden.

You are the Inquisitor.

So you don't even get to pick a class or will the Chantry somehow allow a mage on their service?

You can be a rogue, mage, or warrior. 

So it's a separate entity from the Chantry, why the **** do they call it the Inquisition then? I swear BW's writing has gotten to levels of bad fanfiction.

The original Inquisition pre-dates the Chantry. As the Chantry is currently fighting itself, the PC decides to create a new Inquisition. Part of the gameplay is spreading your organization across Thedas and filling in the power vacuum.

They did it in Origins.

Yeah, but each origin had a different name.

Your last name is based on your race (or possibly race/class) in DA:I. You can pick your first name.

NVM, I'm disapoint she's not a kossith. Still...Varic and Cassandra confirmed for squadies eh?

Yes. Varric and Cassandra have been confirmed as companions. Edited by Gorth
Added info and link collection from first thread
  • Like 2

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Split from original thread, since it was getting past the notorious 500 post mark:

Start of old thread

End of old thread

@MC: If you want me to update your post with info from the first thread, like copy the initial post etc. just give me a shout.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I think she's going to be a living fanservice. 

Not sure what to do with my future female elf inquisitor. Varric or Her?

Everyone does the Iron Bull.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I think she's going to be a living fanservice. 

Not sure what to do with my future female elf inquisitor. Varric or Her?

As long as you stay away from Claudia, I don't need to post menacing things.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Claudia Black?

The only Claudia worth mentioning, natch.
  • Like 2

To each their own, as it were.

Claudia Black is the only reason I got over my Bioware aversion to play DAO. Which isn't exactly sound decision making, but I didn't regret it.

Claudia Black is the only reason I got over my Bioware aversion to play DAO. Which isn't exactly sound decision making, but I didn't regret it.

It's ok, she played one of the most archetypal characters in DA (it's right there in the name: Morrigan) which somehow got reduced to being a pouty, awkward, teenager with social problems. Way to go character development!  

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Claudia Black?

tumblr_laeg6w9H0o1qcc97z.jpg

Claudia Donovan disagrees.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

It's ok, she played one of the most archetypal characters in DA (it's right there in the name: Morrigan) which somehow got reduced to being a pouty, awkward, teenager with social problems. Way to go character development!  

This. I find it annoying to see that you have to do petty evil to gain her approval, which is a bit weird since she's supposed to be apathetic character.

Companion:

Vivienne.png

Name: Vivienne

Race: Human, Orlesian Class: Mage

Writer: Mary Kirby (Wrote Merrill, Sten, and Varric)

Background: A pro-Circle mage who was in line to be First Enchanter, but was unable to confirm her position due to the Mage-Templar war and the Orlesian Civil War. She joins the Inquisition to help her fellow mages however she can.

"If you are the kind of player who thinks that mages are a ticking time bomb and acts accordingly, you are going to have a hard time getting along with Vivienne."

According to Game Informer, she represents the caliber of people the Inquisitor will be recruiting.

Edited by Maria Caliban
  • Like 1

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

If you want me to update your post with info from the first thread, like copy the initial post etc. just give me a shout.

Sounds good.

At the end, there's a section with a number of links. If you could add 'Dragon Age: Inquisition Coverage - Trailer' and 'A Look Inside Development - Video' to that list, I'd appreciate it.

Would it make sense for Maria to put together an "info-post" and Gorth to edit it into the first post of this thread? That way people wouldn't need to dig up the first thread. Would that be in the spirit of this thread?

(and yeah, I just assume you are up for the task, Maria ;) )

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Ivanova would like a word.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The DA:O editor still works with it, or so I read.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

This. I find it annoying to see that you have to do petty evil to gain her approval, which is a bit weird since she's supposed to be apathetic character.

I blame the approval based design and petty choices.

Companions are intended to be sounding boards. They're meant to reflect the good and the bad of a choice. Morrigan was given the obligation of finding the "good" in decisions that were otherwise petty or sociopathic.

It seemed almost as if they came up with the scenarios that had choice, then they started going through the companions to see who could agree and disagree. And they had it mandatory that someone had to agree and someone had to disagree. So we get Morrigan having strong feelings about price gougers simply because there was nobody else around.

Is that what happened? Danged if I know. But it's a nice little fiction to tell myself.

• Like 1

I look forward to seeing the only politically correct Inquisitor ever made.

• Like 6

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

"I find it annoying to see that you have to do petty evil to gain her approval"

You don't have to do evil - petty or otherwise - to get her approval. Nice try though with the lie.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"I find it annoying to see that you have to do petty evil to gain her approval"

You don't have to do evil - petty or otherwise - to get her approval. Nice try though with the lie.

I was exaggerating of course.

Didn't really use her very much when I played DA, and it seems that she's the only one approving most evil things I done. Wouldn't know otherwise. Which I found to be weird, she's supposed to be "I don't care" character from the looks of it.

Edited by exodiark

So are Seekers former Chantry secret service, and Inquisition wholly new organization having nothing to do with Chantry at all?

I look forward to seeing the only politically correct Inquisitor ever made.

torquemada-movie-poster-1989-1020470262.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.