Extra perks for loyal, extended pre-orders please?

I've had this game pre-ordered for over a year now. I've definitely found myself in some situations where asking for my $60 dollars back would have been a wise move, but F that dude; I want my South Park. I think it would be an excellent move (by them) to get with the game retailers and offer some sort of token of appreciation to the folks who have been painstakingly patient for the release of what is sure to be one of the more epic ventures the South Park crew has ever embarked upon. 

What I mean is... I want some sweeter stuff than the guy who waits to pre-order his copy til the week or month before the game drops. Advance release, South Park swag, code for DLC season pass... SOMEthing!

You guys! I'm seriously!

I have never heard of this kind of promotion. A bonus for the people who pre-ordered extra early. I suppose it is possible, but without a precedent the argument is hard to make.

I mean there's sound reasoning there, loyalty rewards, but getting Ubisoft onboard might require pointing at a similar successful promotion that increased sales.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I had it pre-order since it was able to be. Well I now have my 60 bucks back. I started to think like this why on this earth would I pay 60 dollars for a game for an outdated system. It is set to come out after the xbox one, wtf is that? This game could of been great but they waited way way way way to god dam log to release it, and now they will lose $ because of it.

What I mean is... I want some sweeter stuff than the guy who waits to pre-order his copy til the week or month before the game drops. Advance release, South Park swag, code for DLC season pass... SOMEthing!

No. That will teach you not to pre-order. Because of that pre-order craze, publishers, and EA in particular, have been more and more dickish to their customers as time went by. So, anything that will stop it is good to take.

I had it pre-order since it was able to be. Well I now have my 60 bucks back. I started to think like this why on this earth would I pay 60 dollars for a game for an outdated system. It is set to come out after the xbox one, wtf is that? This game could of been great but they waited way way way way to god dam log to release it, and now they will lose $ because of it.

I don't see how you can call xbox 360 an outdated system, the original xbox is an outdated system, ps2 is an outdated system.  Just because they are releasing a newer console does not mean that the previous console is outdated.  What makes it outdated is when games are not being actively made for the system.

I don't think Obsidian has any say on pre-order bonuses and such. Ubisoft decides all that stuff.

I'm just planting seeds in everyone's gardens. If enough people start talking about this, something could happen.

I have never heard of this kind of promotion. A bonus for the people who pre-ordered extra early. I suppose it is possible, but without a precedent the argument is hard to make.

I mean there's sound reasoning there, loyalty rewards, but getting Ubisoft onboard might require pointing at a similar successful promotion that increased sales.

They can set that precedent. South Park is still big nuts and it's not about promotion if it's for people who have already paid for the game. It's about a wink and a smile to those of us who haven't bailed on them thru the admitted bs.

No. That will teach you not to pre-order. Because of that pre-order craze, publishers, and EA in particular, have been more and more dickish to their customers as time went by. So, anything that will stop it is good to take.

More dickish to their customers how? Hell, I was happy just that they stopped charging for the online pass, sheesh.