Space Fans: X Rebirth has a Release Date!

Luridis

This dog is finally going to hunt on November 15th, just in time for my birthday. :biggrin:  The engine looks just spectacular... Makes me wonder if they're using double-precision for the world space coordinates.

http://www.egosoft.com/community/news_en.php

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.

• 2 weeks later...

The botanical garden factory, sunrise flower farm, I presume, is breathtaking.  RPS has higher res pictures, I'm just too lazy to go through the steps necessary to link to the higher res versions.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Damn those pics are nice.

rebirth06s.png

Great xenon ships look like that, when I can't pilot them..... >_<

Come on X universe modders.

The X modders are pretty good.  The X-Tended mods for the X3 series were awesome.  Granted this game is brand new built from the ground up, so there will be a period where they have to learn the new engine, but I'm sure the modders will hook us up.  I'm hoping Egosoft themselves or modders make other races playable.  I generally play like a Teladi, so I might as well play an actual Teladi, rather than a human acting like a Teladi.  Profitsssss.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The PC requirements listed on the Steam page didn't seem too steep.

My lappy meets the "recommended" settings.  Yay!  There's pretty much no chance I'll be able to run at max settings, but I think I'll still be able to turn a good chunk of the bling on.

When I build a new desktop rig approximately a year from now, I'll almost certainly be able to max this.  If it's anything like the previous X game, I'll still be playing this at that time.

:biggrin:

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The X modders are pretty good.  The X-Tended mods for the X3 series were awesome.  Granted this game is brand new built from the ground up, so there will be a period where they have to learn the new engine, but I'm sure the modders will hook us up.  I'm hoping Egosoft themselves or modders make other races playable.  I generally play like a Teladi, so I might as well play an actual Teladi, rather than a human acting like a Teladi.  Profitsssss.

Split say: AAAAARGH!

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Trading and mining trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfJOYeJfD9c

It's like they made the trailer specifically for me.  Trading is my jam in space sims.  On behalf of Chairman Ceo, the Teladi company wish you great profit and welcome you onboard.  The level of detail on the capital ships and stations is staggering.

:dancing:

Too bad my lappy won't be able to handle this at maximum eye orgasm.  Hopefully I can push mid-level eye orgasm until I build a new rig some 9 or 10 months from now.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

• 4 weeks later...

Thought you meant there would be classical music.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Thought you meant there would be classical music.

LOL.  No I meant BRAHMS!  The noise they use in (mostly sci-fi) movie trailer like crazy these days.  The most notable (over)use were trailers for Inception.

/Leonardo DiCaprio doing stuff

BRAHHHHHHHM!

BRAHHHHHHHM!

//Joseph Gordon-Levitt doing stuff

BRAHHHHHHHM!

BRAHHHHHHHM!

///Ellen Page staring off into space

BRAHHHHHHHM!

BRAHHHHHHHM!

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Yes, I kind of gathered that from actually viewing the video you linked to. Still, wasn't too bad, the cuts weren't ADHD and there was no heavy dubstep in between.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

MOAR screenies:

x_rebirth_screen_042.jpg

x_rebirth_screen_041.jpg

x_rebirth_screen_040.jpg

x_rebirth_screen_039.jpg

/bends down

//picks jaw up off floor

Warning! Warning! Warning!  Excitement level CRITICAL!  Hype overload imminent!

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

• 3 weeks later...

Hm, wonder how soon it will be on a Steam sale.