What would you do if the game begins like this? :D

intro video the player character is opening and closing his/her eyes slowly getting use to the darkness embracing her/him

suddenly noises and a lot of slow moving shadow coming closer towards the hero, senses getting sharper now to her horror the shadows moving toward  our lone hero are zombies and bone eaters.

you have no recollection of how you got inside a tomb but you know you have to run trough the undeads who blocks your way to the out side

and there is no telling of what might be outside ones you manage to leave this graveyard-ruin with what looks like 100 walking corpses  .blocking your way to freedom

• Like 1

Though i'm (reasonably I think) nauseated by the preponderence of zombies in modern media, I am actually quite enthralled by one aspect of your introduction, the fact that it may well be ones own tomb. Maybe I just read Erekose at too young an age, but the thought of a protagonist long dead but suddenly reintroduced to the flesh, and all the sensation and memory it brings is (for me) quite interesting. Torian Kel of Arcanum is criminally underdeveloped in my opinion, as there was such inherent richness implicit in his situation, and yet despite that he is still one of my favourite characters in the game.

A game where you are literally examining life and all it holds could be quite enthralling I think, especially with a strong backstory of the deeds you commited while alive. Raziel confronting and denying himself in the fortress of the Sarafan was a marvellously intriguing moment in Soul Reaver 2. Something like that but examined in more depth, and open to interpretation, bias and all manner of other variables (including of course ones own choices) could serve as an interesting mechanic for a player. Somewhat like Nameless' search for his memories in Torment.

• Like 4

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Widen my eyes in horror and hope it gets better.

I don't want to be rude, but I'm really not fond of the over-use of zombies and undead in popular media. I know undead are pretty common foes in fantasy games, but they usually at least show up later in the game. Starting off with just being attacked by undead and having to fight our way through is very underwhelming.

• Like 1

"Not I, though. Not I," said the hanging dwarf.

*BAH!* More zombie intros?!

The one thing I hated about BG2 more than anything else is the 10 min intro before you could actually start playing.

Edited by Hormalakh

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

No no no, the game obviously starts with the PC's village being attacked by black riders. Duh!

Nah, I know it'll start on a ship. Then the ship crashes and sinks, and you'll wake up on a beach, but you're tied to the ground with stakes and rope by some wild orlans. I got this information directly from my Subway cashier's second cousin's brother's best friend's internet acquaintance.

Exile in Torment

QblGc0a.png

I guess it sounds cool if you don't think about it. 

It wouldn't be particularly good in an isometric RPG. Maybe if it was a FPS game. Or a survival horror game. Or a choose your own adventure book. Or a bad dream. 

Like what's with that "you have no recollection of how you got inside a tomb"? Of course you wouldn't, you just started the game. 

• Like 1

. Well I was involved anyway. The dude who can't dance. 

okay okay i get the idea undead intro to uset now a day but hmmmmmm...

then what about your eyes open and close and your ear listen to the joy full laughter of females a beautifully lighthearted  music is player your eyes opens

you see lightly dressed weary nice looking females from all races others mostly male though also casual dressed womens are around you have no recollection how you came to be in this place but you know its the local brothel in the harbor

suddenly a lot of screaming  about and in to the brothel comes around 100 UNDEADS starting to eat brains..

• Like 3

Horror usually works better when you start off with a sense of normalcy. That sets the baseline and makes it clear that horror is not the usual condition.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

then what about your eyes open and close and your ear listen to the joy full laughter of females a beautifully lighthearted  music is player your eyes opens

you see lightly dressed weary nice looking females from all races others mostly male though also casual dressed womens are around you have no recollection how you came to be in this place but you know its the local brothel in the harbor

So the game starts on slow friday afternoon?

okey okey not undeads bad idea? ..BUT what about a GIANT FOOD comes down the rooftop and a loud voice is yelling BOO WHERE ARE YOU!?!? :D

• Like 1

I put on my robe and wizard hat

ermagherdiknowwtftthisisLIKE

Aside from that, my sympathies with tajerio.

"What if a mid-life crisis is just getting halfway through the game and realising you put all your points into the wrong skill tree?"