What are you playing now?

Pidesco

Rayman Legends on ps3. My thumbs will probably fall off when i have enough of this game. I only finished 1 level then is spet hours on the daily challenge, trying to shave off fraction of a second trying to be as near the best as possible.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I've seen 2/10 scores.

It's not an issue worth of debate, and people are obviously used to it. But it looks disfigured in my eyes, and always has.

I would be ok with rating games under the labels of Good, Bad and Ugly. It's not as if there's any truly great or perfect games out there, unless you're a "professional reviewer" and literally have to score a game high to keep the advertisements rolling in.

I bought Delver on a whim (it looked interesting) and I was going to write that that's what I'm playing now, except.. I went to the bottom, got the orb and reached the surface in my first game. In 87 minutes. Those 7 € suddenly felt very expensive.

I am aware that it's an Early Access title though, so I am hoping it is fleshed out a lot in the coming months.

The graphics are otherwise very cute, the entire game reminds me of Ultima Underworld (although much simpler), the controls are great (though some remnants of touch screen controls remain) and it has the potential to be a great little first-person rogue-like.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Finished my Demon Hunter play through in Diablo III.  I liked the first two acts, but the third and fourth were kind of ... endless non stop battles.  I know, I know, that's what games like Diablo are primarily about.  But the first two acts actually felt like a RPG with a bit of exploration and questing.  The final two acts were basically dungeon crawls with a bunch of killing.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Since Misery is apparently a mod that requires modding to work properly (no thanks, my entertainment I prefer to work without having to hack on it) I've picked up my Metro Last Light playthrough again. Not a bad game by far, but I doubt I'll be replaying it once I'm done.

I finally got around to finishing off the single player campaign for Defiance.  The final end boss is a bit of a pain, especially because the difficulty of it came out of left field.  Every other mission was a cake walk.

My interest in the game is waning.  I still play it once in awhile because I want to hit 2500 EGO to unlock that achievement, but that's largely my only real purpose now.  I'm sitting at around 2350 EGO, but with no pursuits close at hand, it's going to take a long time to reach it.

Might play Diablo III again tonight, but the story itself wasn't captivating enough for me to feel confident it will keep my interest for an entire second play through.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

i played diablo 3 once with each character, and that's pretty much the point when i realized that the game just has no legs at all (especially when compared to diablo and diablo 2)

because replaying the game with the same character is more or less pointless, as there are no choices to make when levelling up

at least the console version doesn't have an auction house, so in theory you could play two barbarians and end up with somewhat different characters since they would find different loot along the way (whereas in the pc version, neither barbarian would find any loot, and would buy it all on the auction house for less than it cost to upgrade a few gems)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I have a barbarian up to level 50, thus running him through the campaign twice.  I would say about half and half solo and through multiplayer.  Both experiences have been good and for mainly one reason, the loot has been through an overall with this loot 1.5 or whatever they wanna call it.  I actually feel like putting more time in creates bigger rewards as opposed to putting hundreds of hours into creates small benefits.  I was never really an auction house player on the pc and still play it from time to time, but the console version has me hooked so far.

I'm actually excited to play other classes as I know I'll find pretty damn good loot for them as well.  Paragon even excites me, because I know I'll still be coming across good loot, much more easily than on the pc version.

because replaying the game with the same character is more or less pointless, as there are no choices to make when levelling up

Yeah, that was my problem with it too - well, outside of the original insane difficulty, which I hear they've totally gimped now. And the loot, which has at least improved at this point. But mostly that there was no appeal to creating new characters/starting over like in the previous games. Seemed made to have one of each character and when done with that, just sit around waiting for new content. Like an MMO. 

Edit: Can't really blame them for that tho - it's sorta how a lot arpg's go now. eg, BL2 is kinda the same way.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Still playing Of Orcs and Men.  It would be a rather good game if it wasn't so unbelievably linear, and if the FOV was better.  Still, I'm having fun with it.  I finally got to the point where some fights have gotten somewhat challenging (on Hard difficulty) and I have to really watch my strategy.  There's real satisfaction to learning different opponents' strengths and weaknesses and figuring out strategies to defeating them.  I try to keep Arkail in defensive stance more often than not, mainly because it builds rage slower and I find him going berserk is rather detrimental more often than not (once in a while it can prove beneficial).  I'm building both characters around high dodge/deflection values and high critical percentage.  It seems to be working out well so far.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The only changes I'm seeing on my second play through of Diablo III (yes, I went ahead and started my second play through with my Demon Hunter) is various dungeons I hadn't come across before are showing up now.

I'll probably play it up until the beginning of Act III, at which point I'll likely give up on it as the first two acts are the only two I found particularly fun.

I finally got around to finishing off the single player campaign for Defiance.  The final end boss is a bit of a pain, especially because the difficulty of it came out of left field.  Every other mission was a cake walk.

Pffft.

The nerfed Nim twice if I remember correctly. Haven't tried him yet since the big nerf but I hear he is really easy now.

I'm still trying to get the Prognitor killshot. Got it once at least but the pursuit didn't give credit for it (at least I got the "critical kill" message). I'm at 98 revives, so the kill shot will be pretty much all I need. Besides that all I can do is farm reputation so I can buy stuff from faction vendors. Nearly finished with the combat pursuits as well.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Little bit of Diablo III so that I can earn Paragon XP while waiting for the expansion.

I find playing in a group a little bit counter productive and counter intuitive; the trash mobs die way too fast for everyone to be able to contribute their 100% effort and the elites die way too slowly interrupting the flow of constant progression through the map. At the same MP level in solo mode I still kill the trash instantly, but the elites don't take forever, so I feel like I'm being way more productive solo, yet due to the XP bonus from grouping up I end up getting less XP while solo.

Guilty Gear Judgment

I'm just so hyped over this new

trailer that I just had to pick this PSP title up since it was so cheap. It's a very solid side-scrolling brawler (with 20 unique characters) and a portable fighting game in one package. It's too bad the fighting game is the arcade version of Guilty Gear XX #Reload, so it lacks the story mode and mission mode that the console version had. The brawler works as a nice long tutorial for before I go to arcade mode and get my s*** kicked in by I-No

Guilty Gear Xrd will absolutely be another game on the pile of titles to get in 2014 for me. Chipp Zanuff is back in action

Also, how many of you misread the game as "Gears of War Judgment"? I suspect a few

Dragon Age 2 and I'm bored with it.

So, I'm in the first Act and I have no motivation. Some of the quests are interesting, but terribly short. The main plot is to gather money for a get rich quick scheme. :/ The companions are really kind of boring. The two that aren't broody don't talk a whole heck of a lot. And nobody's funny.

• Like 3
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Dragon Age 2 and I'm bored with it.

So, I'm in the first Act and I have no motivation. Some of the quests are interesting, but terribly short. The main plot is to gather money for a get rich quick scheme. :/ The companions are really kind of boring. The two that aren't broody don't talk a whole heck of a lot. And nobody's funny.

My thoughts at that point: I've just earned fifty sovereigns in a few days, why exactly do I need to go into the Deep Roads, risk blight and death when i'm rapidly becoming a Croesus in Kirkwall.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I'm giving Dishonored another shot, I'm not sure why I stopped playing it originally.  I am enjoying the setting and the writing.  Hopefully I'll be able to devote some time to it.

I'm also toying with Blood Bowl.  I'm learning new stuff every game, but I'm still terrible.  The pre-game options are mind boggling.

Yeah, that was my problem with it too - well, outside of the original insane difficulty, which I hear they've totally gimped now. And the loot, which has at least improved at this point. But mostly that there was no appeal to creating new characters/starting over like in the previous games. Seemed made to have one of each character and when done with that, just sit around waiting for new content. Like an MMO. 

Edit: Can't really blame them for that tho - it's sorta how a lot arpg's go now. eg, BL2 is kinda the same way.

There is an easy solution to the problem of not having to create new characters; play hardcore

• Like 1

Still just muddling about in NW:Online (mostly the Festival, collecting petals/shirts, making squash soup...). Once the Festival is over I'll probably largely lose interest again. I have 3 lvl 60's now, but still use my first, main DC for 99% of anything combat/play related.

I did go a little further into the Feywild stuff ... mostly to get the first two "boons", which are a nice stat addition and easy to get. After that ... yeah, it's just a whole lot of dailies done over and over to acquire tokens and such to be able to enter another new area/dungeon etc. Major major grind. I'm not sure I'd call it new content, just a few new dungeons with a convoluted, aggravating process of gaining access.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Tried a few different games out, none piqued my interest.

But now one did, Brütal Legend. It's quite fun, so I can see it holding my attention. And I need to seek a new game once done with it, which hopefully will take a while...

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Pffft.

The nerfed Nim twice if I remember correctly. Haven't tried him yet since the big nerf but I hear he is really easy now.

I'm still trying to get the Prognitor killshot. Got it once at least but the pursuit didn't give credit for it (at least I got the "critical kill" message). I'm at 98 revives, so the kill shot will be pretty much all I need. Besides that all I can do is farm reputation so I can buy stuff from faction vendors. Nearly finished with the combat pursuits as well.

He was just annoying because suddenly, out of the blue, he's the first boss battle where you're one on one, and where you're basically stuck in one room with barely any cover.

I haven't played for a while prior to the other night, so my arkfall revives hadn't moved much.  I did manage to score 6 revives within one Dark Matter arkfall, so I've pushed my total up to 74.  26 more and I've finished off that pursuit.

Still just muddling about in NW:Online (mostly the Festival, collecting petals/shirts, making squash soup...). Once the Festival is over I'll probably largely lose interest again. I have 3 lvl 60's now, but still use my first, main DC for 99% of anything combat/play related.

I did go a little further into the Feywild stuff ... mostly to get the first two "boons", which are a nice stat addition and easy to get. After that ... yeah, it's just a whole lot of dailies done over and over to acquire tokens and such to be able to enter another new area/dungeon etc. Major major grind. I'm not sure I'd call it new content, just a few new dungeons with a convoluted, aggravating process of gaining access.

Tried the game myself, got to level 12 before it became apparent it's not for me. Too fast paced and I seem to like fantasy setting less by every year, just a sight of pointy ears and hairy midgets make me go argh.

Wouldn't mind a good new sci-fi setting mmorpg now for the incoming rainy autumn days, but alas, there aren't any. Fantasy there fantasy here fantasy everywhere :getlost:

Tried a few different games out, none piqued my interest.

But now one did, Brütal Legend. It's quite fun, so I can see it holding my attention. And I need to seek a new game once done with it, which hopefully will take a while...

that game is a lot of fun, and bonus points go to them for hiring my friend to perform the drum solo for the boss fights.  (harry cantwell, currently the drummer of Slough Feg and Bosse de Nage)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.