What are you playing now?

Pidesco

Still playing Saints Row 4 and having a blast.  Super Power Fight Club is the only activity I outright dislike.  As far as brand new activities, the multi-colored telekinesis throwing balls at targets is my favorite.  Insurance Fraud is still, and likely will always be, my favorite activity overall.  It never gets old.  I'm likely pretty close to the end of the game now.  I could have finished it a long time ago, but I keep doing side activities and collecting data clusters.  There have been some hilarious mainline quests, like the Meal Gear level, Matt's fanfic, text adventure, and Saints of Rage.  Also, whoever did the voice acting for Zynyak is my hero.  I'd like to shake their hand and give them a hug.  Zynyak is so amazing to listen to, both in the storyline and on the classical station (his portrayal of Romeo is AWESOME).  The part where he

sings Biz Markie

had me is stitches.

He kisses her.  Thus from my lips, by yours, my sin is purged

Edited by NKKKK

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

Hubby: "Bloodwing is kicking my *** as a Siren." (he's solo playing TVHM)

Me: "That's because you're always running away instead of firing."

Hubby: "If I don't run, she hits me and I die."

Me: "..."

Me: "Want some help?"

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Bouncing back and forth between Tomb Raider and Defiance.  I can't play two different story games at the same time, as I like to focus on one story to its conclusion.  But Defiance is a decent "time waster" when I don't have time to sit down and play a lot of Tomb Raider, and just want to kill things for a dozen minutes.

I'm near the end of Tomb Raider.  While it wasn't what I was expecting (which I commented on earlier in the thread), I actually liked it for what it is.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finally a party member joins me in Ni No Kuni! A shame the AI is terrible!

Despite the AI issue, I'm having a lot of fun. The kids actually have good voice acting, music is good and visuals are mostly stunning. Battles get a bit repetitive but the game also has the Pokemon effect on me, I want to collect all the familiars and there are 250 of them.

It isn't a perfect game, but as long as it's actually fun to play, I'll keep going.

To switch things up, I'll start playing Tales of Xillia that I got when it released.

Bouncing back and forth between Tomb Raider and Defiance.  I can't play two different story games at the same time, as I like to focus on one story to its conclusion.  But Defiance is a decent "time waster" when I don't have time to sit down and play a lot of Tomb Raider, and just want to kill things for a dozen minutes.

I'm near the end of Tomb Raider.  While it wasn't what I was expecting (which I commented on earlier in the thread), I actually liked it for what it is.

Has the lag gotten any better? I read a lot of bad things about the XBOX NA server.

I finally did my 5th daily for Echelon. Yesterday seemed like a good chance to get another easy daily "5 kills in Capture and Hold". But after 3 hours in queue with no PvP happening, I gave up.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Has the lag gotten any better? I read a lot of bad things about the XBOX NA server.

I finally did my 5th daily for Echelon. Yesterday seemed like a good chance to get another easy daily "5 kills in Capture and Hold". But after 3 hours in queue with no PvP happening, I gave up.

The servers were down yesterday afternoon.  Not sure for how long, because I switched over to Tomb Raider when I first couldn't log onto Defiance and didn't go back to Defiance till later that night.  The only time I experience game breaking lag is during major Arkfalls, but last night I was able to do a Dark Matter one without any lag.  That might have just been due to it being in San Fran and less people having access to it, though.  So I'm not sure how much they've improved the stability.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finished Tomb Raider this afternoon.  I'll be honest, I enjoyed it.  Not as a "Tomb Raider" game, but as an action/adventure game.

The combat was incredibly easy, though.  Even the "boss fight" at the end consisted more of just roll out of the way, shoot.  Rinse and repeat.  But that was fine with me.  Games like this, I'm more interested in the exploring and jumping around.  If only they'd included more actual tombs ...

I've been playing Lionheart, and the Dragonborn expansion of Skyrim (I believe I'm near the end on both of them), and I've got a multiplayer game of Icewind Dale going. I had also going a multiplayer game of Neverwinter Nights, but an excessive amount of bugs killed that about three quarters of the way through Hordes of the Underdark. Annoying, but not entirely unexpected.

Also occasionally playing Guild Wars 2, but not very often of late.

knightofchaoss.jpg

Diablo 3

Pre-loading Rome TW2

Am giving CoH2 a bit of a break, have already had about 3 weeks off and am waiting for a few more balance tweaks.

Find myself strangely interested in the BG2:EE but am wondering if it supports mods (PC version). Plus, does it include Throne of Bhaal?

sonsofgygax.JPG

Underhell just released and I've been playing the heck out of it.  Very impressive blend of psychological horror, survival horror, and stealth.

Save RPGs

Saying Dragon Age 2 is the worst recent Bioware RPG is like saying the Ferrari California is the worst Ferrari. It's still a Ferrari; an elite, top-tier, without much competition in today's industry.

Mars: War Logs looks interesting.  I'm always leery when XBox360 games are straight-to-arcade though.

Combat is a bit meh

I'm not too bothered by average combat.  A lot of my favorite games, in fact, have had average to below average combat.  I'm more of a story/character/atmosphere type of person.  For instance, I much preferred Mass Effect 1 to Mass Effect 3, despite the fact ME3's combat was way, way more engaging.

• Like 1

I'm more of a story/character/atmosphere type of person.  For instance, I much preferred Mass Effect 1 to Mass Effect 3, despite the fact ME3's combat was way, way more engaging.

Yeah, no. I haven't played it after the localization patch that supposedly fixed the awful translation, but even not taking that into account, the story is nothing to write home about. It's a pity, because the setting is interesting in an 80s sci-fi kind of way.

Finished Game of Thrones, picked Mors ending. Despite its humble first impressions, it's the first time a game managed to emotionally engage me since... probably Syberia 2 (though truth be told the 2008 Prince of Persia game had a moving ending as well, before it was ruined completely).

Now here's hoping for a half-decent video game set in Malazan or First Law universe (preferably developed by Cyanide/Spiders, but with higher budget).

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

^ I was *never* going to like the comic, Oner, sadly.

But seeing as Abercrombie was a D&D player before he started writing fantasy, you can see how brilliant the characters would be. I also like the relatively low-magic grimdark setting, the Inquisitors and Practicals, the mercenaries and dandies. The Northmen would make a game all of their own.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Currently playing New Vegas. Getting lost in the desert is always quite a bit of fun.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

^ I was *never* going to like the comic, Oner, sadly.

But seeing as Abercrombie was a D&D player before he started writing fantasy, you can see how brilliant the characters would be. I also like the relatively low-magic grimdark setting, the Inquisitors and Practicals, the mercenaries and dandies. The Northmen would make a game all of their own.

What's wrong with the comic? Too much cut?

I just linked it to make sure it's the same TFL, since this comic is the first time I heard of it.