What are you playing now?

Pidesco

I'm tempted to get Splinter Cell Blacklist, but I'm not sure how "stealthy" it is.  I don't mind having to do things in a stealthy manner, but I'd like a bit of forgiveness.  One spotting by a guard and game over just isn't fun for me.  So a couple of missions like that, fine.  But I'm worried every single mission will be like that.

I bought one way back (forget which one) and that kind of thing turned me off from finishing it.  Though I've read that the last installment was a bit more "action focused", which gives me hope that maybe it will be to my liking.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm playing Jagged Alliance Back In Action. Unlike a lot of people I like it quite a lot but I wish they'd patched in a way to recruit militia from the global map because it's a persistent annoyance and such a time-sink handing everyone a gun and body-armour ,

Guild Wars 2. Arah explorable dungeon, Seer path. Never again.

GW2 dungeons, when run for the first time, take 1 hour at best, 3.5 at worst (at least for our team). This one took 5 hours, and I almost broke when I heard that the 6th boss (massively unfun DPS race) wasn't the final boss

Finally tore into the Steam backlog to clear some worthless games - Just Cause 2(horrible crap), nearly finished with LA Noire(repetitive, most fun is collecting cars).

Started Fallout 1, Broken Sword and a repeat of KOTOR 1 to play something familiar. Still can't get Bloodlines to work, even with a crack Exe now. Maybe the vanilla patch will run it...

Fallout 1, using a walkthough for the most part as I can't stand "exploring" in isometric view. Broken Sword, eh, it's ok but as usual with this point n click adventure games, the solutions are a simple matter of stupid point and clicking. 

With this cold I somehow managed to pick up on Friday, I've been playing (mostly free) mobile game when I haven't been watching soccer. They are decent in small five minute sessions, but I usually lose interest after that.

Guest Slinky

Still can't get Bloodlines to work, even with a crack Exe now. Maybe the vanilla patch will run it...

If I recall correctly, the game has trouble running on 64bit windows. The unofficial patch had some fix file for it somewhere.

I'm just using 32bit Win7. Before I reformatted, the game wouldn't launch in steam but it worked with a no cd crack on the same OS. Now the no cd crack wont even work. Was thinking of putting XP on a drive solely for the game but I'll try the patch first. Wouldn't surprise me if it's all that stupid protection in Win7 that keeps it from running, despite running it as admin and all of that. 

Pretty sure my retail version worked on 7/64, not that that's much help. Else you can try the usual fixes, setting compatibility mode to XPSP3 and avoid installing to program files if you've done that, as even as admin it'll sometimes decide it still really doesn't want you doing anything there, or give other random faults (sound dropouts in System Shock 2, for example). I don't think I've tried anything that flat out doesn't work in 7.

I'm playing Jagged Alliance Back In Action. Unlike a lot of people I like it quite a lot but I wish they'd patched in a way to recruit militia from the global map because it's a persistent annoyance and such a time-sink handing everyone a gun and body-armour ,

I thought they changed that with a later patch?

After I had finished the game, I felt so hard burned out, due to all the militia micro-management you had to do (release version and all). It was hell on earth. Luckily the enemy was so stupid, he always attacked the same spot, so I only had to concentrate on that one...

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I'm way behind in my playing of pc video games, so I just started Arcanum as the rpg. And The Black Mirror (BM1) as the adventure game. And most shockingly; both games work well on Windows 7! Arcanum maybe even better than on Windows XP! Fallout 2 works as well...

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

Been playing Defiance and Saints Row 4.

Saints Row I mostly jump around like a lunatic. The best part about super hero games has always been the travel powers. In City of Heroes I loved superjumping from building to building. In Champions Online superjump ahd more oomph behind it, so it didn't really allow for bouncing about :( Acrobatics in DC Universe Online was amazing swinging from building to building. Now SR4 has great, rather intuitive jumping, gliding and running - I am having a blast.

Defiance I am trying to beat the last arena I need to survive and get a score of 4k (the bonus for surviving is +2k so it will take me to the 6k score needed for the gold medal). In 5 rounds I get an average of 400 points per round :( Once I had gotten a wierdly great first round, where enemies weren't running away from he the whole time and I got 1600 points in the first round alone, but died to an unlucky explosion just a couple of seconds before round 2 ended. At least now I know how things should go and hwo some people get 10k scores...

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Guest Slinky

I'm way behind in my playing of pc video games, so I just started Arcanum as the rpg. And The Black Mirror (BM1) as the adventure game. And most shockingly; both games work well on Windows 7! Arcanum maybe even better than on Windows XP! Fallout 2 works as well...

Most of older games work just fine on Windows 7 and I hear they work just fine on windows 8 too. Some might need little fiddling with compatibility settings or a official/unofficial fix, but the list of old games you can't get to work with modern windows is short.

Oh, and playing Diablo 2 on and off while waiting for a ich to play something else.

Edit: Can't seem to spell windows right.

Edited by Slinky

I had played the old DOS game Duck Tales: Quest for Gold that had nothing to do with the Nintendo games or this remastered version, where you had to also fly the plane. That wasn't a very good game, but at that time it was good enough for us that it was a game ;)

I loved that game when I was a kid :)

Good memories.

Same here... I was really hoping it was THAT ducktales...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Guild Wars 2. Arah explorable dungeon, Seer path. Never again.

GW2 dungeons, when run for the first time, take 1 hour at best, 3.5 at worst (at least for our team). This one took 5 hours, and I almost broke when I heard that the 6th boss (massively unfun DPS race) wasn't the final boss

Sounds lovely, I've yet to do Arah. Which is kinda lame, considering the game has it's birthday.

I thought they changed that with a later patch?

After I had finished the game, I felt so hard burned out, due to all the militia micro-management you had to do (release version and all). It was hell on earth. Luckily the enemy was so stupid, he always attacked the same spot, so I only had to concentrate on that one...

You can upgrade already hired militia from the global map and they patched in the ability to access sector inventory rather than having to walk to a specific chest or loot drop when you want something but as far as I know to hire militia in the first place you have to walk up to them and hand them a gun and preferably body armour with it, I think that's why they couldn't fix it with a patch, which is a shame. 

SR4, P3P, TF2, DDC, ACNM. That last one stands for acronym, not Arcanum.

Fallout 1, using a walkthough for the most part as I can't stand "exploring" in isometric view.

[insert disdainful reaction image here]

Edited by AGX-17

I beat the final boss in Duck Tales Remastered. And then it has one last platforming part. I failed at that...

Who puts a platforming section right after the lass boss? 

That's the question that robbed me of any chance to beat it :)

I was leaning back to watch the end and suddenly I had to race against time to finish the last part ...

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I managed to reinitialise Fallout 3 GOTY edition, so that I can get all the DLC despite GFW Live's best efforts to stop me.

There is a great deal to be said for putting on a home made compilation of wild west songs, and ignoring the cheesy main plot almost entirely. Just saddle up, stick to fists and the odd scrounged rifle or 'nade. Stride out and explore.

Yippee kay ay.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Pretty sure my retail version worked on 7/64, not that that's much help. Else you can try the usual fixes, setting compatibility mode to XPSP3 and avoid installing to program files if you've done that, as even as admin it'll sometimes decide it still really doesn't want you doing anything there, or give other random faults (sound dropouts in System Shock 2, for example). I don't think I've tried anything that flat out doesn't work in 7.

Yeah, going to try installing outside of program files too. Hopefully that works. I could never get the compatibility mode/running as admin to work.

SR4, P3P, TF2, DDC, ACNM. That last one stands for acronym, not Arcanum.

Fallout 1, using a walkthough for the most part as I can't stand "exploring" in isometric view.

[insert disdainful reaction image here]

Lol.. I wish I grew up playing those games so I could appreciate them more but unfortunately, the isometric view feels like I'm looking down at my feet as I play. Maybe I'll get around to enjoying it more once I get further along.

I find this funny, because Fallout 1 doesn't feature that much exploring. You only have to carefully read what NPCs tell you and then you should have no problem at all to beat the game.

From the moment you start till the end there is a red line guiding you from location to location (yeah, without quest arrows and stuff!).

Example:

The Overseer tells you to find a waterchip in Vault 15 and gives you the location. You walk to Vault 15 and find Shady Sands on the way. In Shady Sands you hear about Junktown and Hub. In Junktown they tell you that you might find something in the Hub, and in the Hub they tell you that maybe the folks in Necropolis know something. In Necropolis you find the chip and go back to Vault 13. Mission 1 completed without ever having the need to randomly run around in the area.

Keep in mind, that this is not meaned to be a ololol you use walkthrough111 post. Just wanted to point out the exploration thingy. :>

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."