What are you playing now?

Pidesco

Guest Slinky

Is it good? It looks like a very interesting game..

"Paper's Please" - in case you're wondering.

It's really fun. The one thing is it might not have long term play value. I beat it in 6 hours and the only remaining interest I have is in doing goof off runs.

Oh, cool, I was wondering was there more to play than in the alpha version I finished in less than one hour couple months back. Six hours sounds good to me, going to get it at some point, as I really liked the alpha.

Finished XCOM with rather mixed feelings. While I really liked the consept of the game, having never played any XCOM or the like game before, the wonky engine really started to get to me the farther I got in the game, it has some major clipping and line of sight problems. I guess it can be funny when you can hit enemy by shooting through bedrock or throwing a grenade inside a building to the roof of that same building through the solid wall, but it's pretty far from funny when you lose one or more soldiers because they don't have a line of sight from a position where a blind guy could hit the enemy. Also the enemies who sometimes appeared out from nowhere didn't help.

Mostly I did enjoy the game, but I'm not sure will I ever get back to it.

Working on the intro map for my SRR pack. All of the floors are designed and populated with props. All the area transitions are set up for internal movement. Really, all that's left is to introduce a plot and initial loadout.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

As luck would have it, I got most of Sunday off for gaming, so I went back to SWTor (while waiting for EU IV).

Instead of playing my main character (which I lost a lot of interest in when he couldn't keep his old name), I went back to play my Imperial Agent. Making his way to Alderaan:

Seducing a local noble woman, sleeping with her, just to have her being revealed as a spy and an supporter of your main villain.

Felt very "James Bond" like, although my guy looks like a blue skinned, red-eyed thing rather than Sean Connery ;)

My "main" character is currently on Hoth and I figured I would read up on the new mounts you can get there anyway. Stressing the "Hunter" part of Bounty Hunter, I figured I would some day go hunting for what I need to acquire one.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Second update on SRR pack for the day. I swear I'm not spamming.

I'm working on complex dialogue trees now. Not doing real branching, but am checking skills to do subtle differences ("a Decker" vs "another Decker). I miss doing this stuff.

Observation: Being creative while inebriated lets the words flow without hesitation, but we all know that. The realization involves working in the technical elements of scripting. The scripts are working, but everything I'm figuring out will be lost come the morn, especially if I have another drink.

*checks clock*

Oh yeah, I'm not going to remember how any of this works.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Still plugging along with Defiance.  Most of the pursuits are well out of my reach at the moment, so the only way I can raise my EGO is by leveling up my XP or my individual guns XP.  Both are incredibly slow.

It doesn't help that the lag during major Arkfalls has returned.  So I pretty much can't shoot anything or land the kill-shot for the end boss (which is required to complete a pursuit for the Arkfalls).  But, just partaking in an Arkfall yields a significant amount of XP.  More than actually doing the story missions and side missions.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It was easier to get the killshots before they adjusted the spawn rate of major Arkfalls. It was a lot easier if you could find one with only six people ;)

I am missing the Progenitor killshot myself.

But at least you will manage to get everything else first -  a good thing considering there was a bug with the Progenitor kill shot resetting the counter on the other tasks of the pursuit and people losing thousands of kills ;) Personally I'll do my 5k arkfall kills and my revives before even attempting that shot.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Mucking around with Warband, being a good general and letting my guys get torn up rather than rush in myself. Combat seems a bit trickier than in M&B - can't get the hang of cavalry fighting for some reason. Other than that, I might try to knock off Strike Suit Zero for completion's sake.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It was easier to get the killshots before they adjusted the spawn rate of major Arkfalls. It was a lot easier if you could find one with only six people ;)

I am missing the Progenitor killshot myself.

But at least you will manage to get everything else first -  a good thing considering there was a bug with the Progenitor kill shot resetting the counter on the other tasks of the pursuit and people losing thousands of kills ;) Personally I'll do my 5k arkfall kills and my revives before even attempting that shot.

The kill shot on the end boss thing is going to be tough though, largely because there's just so many damn people shooting at the same time that it's hard to gauge when to actually shoot to finish it off.  I was able to get the Progenitor one, but that was a fluke.  I basically had a rapid fire weapon handy and kept shooting and luckily scored the killing blow.

Also, for some reason, the hellbug arkfalls are the ones that lag for me.  The scrapper ones aren't too bad.  Thus half the time I can't even move, let alone get the kill shot on the Hellion.

I don't know if I'll get the 100 revives though.  Not enough people seem to die around me, so I never have an opportunity to actually revive anyone.  I'm at only 11 revives out of the 100.

Edited by GhostofAnakin

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I am close to 40 revives. So I guess I'll get them eventually.

Really depends who dies around you. More socialy inclined people who know and care about perks will often stay down so someone can revive them. I do that too usually - unless I notice nobody cares about reviving me ;)

If you can find a friend to play with, you can do a revive pack: stand in a remote part of the arkfall, shoot a grenade launcher at your feet, die of the AoE and have your friend revive you. Rince and repeat. I feel that is cheating though.

For killshots there are a few schools of thought: Wolfhound pistols have a great rate of fire so you can just empty your mag when the boss is nearly dead. Sniper rifles can do extreme damage, so with overcharge and the right perks, you can knock the whole last chunk of health off with one shot. Of course you need to be lucky for that.

I used a votan semi auto sniper rifle for the hellion kill if I remember correctly.

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Arma 2 war crimes edition. Mainly as an experiment to see how civilians in the game flee when being shot at, but it is funny how the hostile OPFOR just ignore them sometimes.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Mixing Metro Last Light and Shadowrun Returns currently. Kinda have to force myself to pick up SRR each time I quit out of the game, not being able to get out whenever I want due to the savepoint system is a real downer.

Tried Neverwinter because a friend plays it. Seems like just another WoW-type MMO so far.

Got Risen in that Humble Deep Silver Bundle.

It's like the beginning of the game and I'm forced to take sides or something? Christ they don't really put much effort to explain the factions so far (bandits good -- inquisition bad?).

So far I'm unsure about my opinion of it.

Edited by Syraxis

You don't have to pick a side right away, you can play both sides for a while, eventually you will have to pick a side, though.  Piranha Bytes' games always force you to pick a side eventually.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

One EGO power kill away from completing my first daily Echelon contract.  You'd think it would be a very easy contract to fulfill, what with only being required to get 5 EGO power kills in death match.  You'd think so.  But the MP is so horrible, IMO, that it takes me at least five matches to do so.

I just don't bother with Echelon contracts.

Logged in, did a few side missions and a major arkfall. Then I shot some Volge for the hell of it and killed my 20 99ers and 40 skitterlings for two of the other contracts.

Contemplating getting EUIV ...only thing holding me back is Steam requirement

I know I'll break down and get it eventually but since the above mentioned requirement I'd like to wait until it goes for pennies

I just don't think I can hold out. I'm so very weak.

Free games updated 3/4/21

Playing:

Divinity: Dragon Commander  - enjoying it a lot more than I had thought I would. Had been a bit reserved about the concept and finally got it as part of my Original Sin kickstarter pledge. I'm starting to get the hang of the rts part, using abilities etc even though single target abilities are still a pain.

Van Helsing - again I was a bit sceptical when Neocore announced this game. I blame that movie, but "van Helsing" as a franchise made me cringe. Obviously the game isn't perfect. Other games in the genre have multiple characters to choose from, more skill trees... but still I am having funa nd am prefering it over many other games of that kind. Somehow Neocore seems to always strike the right chord with me.

starting

Duck Tales Remastered - seems fun so far and has the nostalgia factor going for it.

waiting for Wals to tell us his first impressions of Space Hulk when that releases.

Also waiting for the Defiance DLC and Saints Row IV

My copy of Mario and Luigi Dream Team arrived yesterday though I haven't had much chance to really dive into it yet. Only played 30 minutes so far. The 3D is pretty meh so I'm thinking I'll probably leave it off for this game. We'll see how it goes.

I have no nostalgia for duck tales.

However, I did just order Dragon's Crown.  It should be around by the weekend, or so I hope.  I tried going to the gamestores, but they were all sold out.  So I ordered it.  Looks like it could be fun.

I just don't bother with Echelon contracts.

Logged in, did a few side missions and a major arkfall. Then I shot some Volge for the hell of it and killed my 20 99ers and 40 skitterlings for two of the other contracts.

Like I said, only reason I do them is because one of the pursuits (I can't recall if it's the EGO one) requires maximum reputation with the four groups, including Echelon.  I've taken to just hunkering down and using cloak to shoot people in the back, all the while not really caring how the team does since a lot of the contracts are simply "complete X amount of games of whatever game type".

After I finished this week's contract, I'll finally have reached "familiar" status with Echelon.  So I've still got a while to go to max out the reputation with them. 

Got Risen in that Humble Deep Silver Bundle.

It's like the beginning of the game and I'm forced to take sides or something? Christ they don't really put much effort to explain the factions so far (bandits good -- inquisition bad?).

So far I'm unsure about my opinion of it.

There isn't a good or bad side, its all about if you agree with the factions objectives.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela