Voice Actores in rpg like Pe ? could be us ?

hello as a gamer i always wounder why spent so much money on real actors for voice cover.

when gamer across the world could actually come and be part in their favorable games especially if it a kickstarter

the developer should check out the voices of the gamers to see what voices sound the best for their game

well i would love to give my voice if i was that lucky to games for free all they just had to was paying the plain ticket and get me a nice

place to stay at while i was voice acting and a free version of the game and being an author of a quest line in the game that would be wery cheap for

the developer and hey i am sure there many gamer out in the world who have a nice voice.

what about YOU if DEV was making lottery or pick outs amongst gamers for voice acting what you say ?

Please see this thread, it's been discussed before:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/63940-concerning-the-vo-budget-for-project-eternity/

Edit: Tldnr - No.

Edited by Kjaamor

hello as a gamer i always wounder why spent so much money on real actors for voice cover.

when gamer across the world could actually come and be part in their favorable games especially if it a kickstarter

the developer should check out the voices of the gamers to see what voices sound the best for their game

well i would love to give my voice if i was that lucky to games for free all they just had to was paying the plain ticket and get me a nice

place to stay at while i was voice acting and a free version of the game and being an author of a quest line in the game that would be wery cheap for

the developer and hey i am sure there many gamer out in the world who have a nice voice.

what about YOU if DEV was making lottery or pick outs amongst gamers for voice acting what you say ?

Doing voiceovers is not easy. I could never do it, for several reasons:

1. I have a terrible voice

2. I have no equipment to do it properly, which results in even worse quality.

3. My intonation and diction is imperfect

4. As I am not a natural english speaker, my accent is also imperfect.

I doubt there would be more than 10,20 backers able to provide any decent VO work, longer than a single line.

There is a reason gaming companies pay a lot of money for voice actors. Because of quality.

Anyway after I just finished playing shadowrun returns, I have to say I didn't really miss VO. If the writing is good then you don't need voice overs.

• Like 1

The game isn't going to use a lot of voice acting due to cost and size constraints.  Those spoken dialogs take up space.  As for getting free voice work?  Many people on this forum are highly negative of the idea, personally I have seen plenty of people out there on youtube and other sites who could easily do voice work and it be just fine.  It isn't like the op is talking about people doing it professionally as a career.  That said they aren't going that route and it should be fine.

No VO at all?  Bad idea if you ask me, it works okay in Shadowrun Returns, but SR is also a much shorter game than PE and rides quite a bit on the editor and community content... the single player game itself is not meant to carry the game alone.  With PE the single player game is meant to be the main feature, even if there is modding it is going to be a "bonus" not the focus.  It needs some VO.

• Like 1