What you did today

Pidesco

I "took care" of my coyote problem last night. I don't feel particularly good about it but it had to be done. I only shot one, but I think it was the right one.

It was necessary,  what was Tommy doing when you shot the Coyote?

Well, he was growling at the front door downstairs when they first started yapping around the grill. I was by the loft window upstairs. I had it open but I was back in the room about 1 meter from the window so they wouldn't see me. I watched them for about 5 minutes until a really big one came out and started pushing the others around. I figured he was my guy. Once I shot I think tommy went from growling to barking. I'm not sure. My ears are still ringing from firing from inside a small room! 

I shot a rat (a HUGE rat) one day in the horse barn. The shot blasted its teeth into the wood. Sickening. Next time I shot a rat it was with a 22 and not a shotgun.

• Like 1

...hehehe...wit' a shotgun??...was ya tryin' ta make rat stew??...damn...hehehe... :p

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

...hehehe...wit' a shotgun??...was ya tryin' ta make rat stew??...damn...hehehe... :p

I know LOL! So dumb. Not only did it make a mess but it splintered the back wall of the stall. Learned a very important lesson that day I did!

• Like 1

I know LOL! So dumb. Not only did it make a mess but it splintered the back wall of the stall. Learned a very important lesson that day I did!

...well, least ya got the rat...jus' be wary o' furry vengence, them damnabe rats be smarter than peoples thinks...;)

I remember my father shooting rats with a .22, using a stew-bone tied to a stake as bait.

The bastards were so big they didn't give a ****. Kept right on eating.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I "took care" of my coyote problem last night. I don't feel particularly good about it but it had to be done. I only shot one, but I think it was the right one.

It was necessary, what was Tommy doing when you shot the Coyote?

Well, he was growling at the front door downstairs when they first started yapping around the grill. I was by the loft window upstairs. I had it open but I was back in the room about 1 meter from the window so they wouldn't see me. I watched them for about 5 minutes until a really big one came out and started pushing the others around. I figured he was my guy. Once I shot I think tommy went from growling to barking. I'm not sure. My ears are still ringing from firing from inside a small room!
Dude, Peltor or MSA Sordin. I wouldn't dream of being close to a firearm going off without some these days, I suffered enough during my military service.

The toastmaster was the sister of the groom. Not only was she beautiful, but yeah seeing a women seemingly effortless switch between 4 languages was extremely attractive.

You reminded me of someone. Austrian lawyer, 2 masters' degrees. Legs for days. Need to check up on her. :p Edited by Nepenthe
  • Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Wondering if I'm going to start to develop the shakes without use of a properly working and active pc.. :shifty:

Of course, it's always the way. I've gone through a few weeks of just not having any serious gaming urges, then the moment I can't sit down and play them..I'm all "damn it, I need to shoot something / conquer the world on x game" and its bugging the hell out of me that I can't scratch that itch.. heh.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm a KB/mouse type of person. very strongly so. But lately I've been feeling like getting a pc xbox controller of my own purely for occasional Borderlands use. So I can play in my den whilst lounging on the daybed that sits near my large desk. Especially with winter coming up.

I might need to buy a 30" monitor if I do that, however, and I barely have room on here for my two current monitors. I suppose I could shove the daybed closer to my desk....or hang the monitor from the ceiling on a remote controlled cable/pulley/rail system. That would truly make me a geek...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

...wit' the sad news this week, been tryin' ta git a hold o' peoples I knows would wanna know an' pay respects...noticed Gromnir ain't been 'round since last December... who in the Hells is I gonna smash heads wit' if'n Klown ain't 'round??... :blink:

...well, least ya got the rat...jus' be wary o' furry vengence, them damnabe rats be smarter than peoples thinks... ;)

Maybe she was trying to hit the barn, the rat was just collateral damage :biggrin:

Joking aside, my younger brother discovered a short while ago how unpleasant rats can be. Looks like they get the city council to take care of it though, having contacted them.

Spent the weekend just indulging myself. Doing absolutely nothing other than enjoy some mild spring weather (at least during the day time, nights are still on the cool side). Played a bit of games. Read a book. Drank some Cognac. Went for a walk in the park lands. Life was good. Now it's Monday again...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

4 day workshop about to begin ... looking forward to it and the opportunity to learn from the participants. Always good to be humbled that the Big Green doesn't know as much as his ego would like (Why am I talking about myself in the 3rd person as if I were an actual Green Dragon ... weird! ;) )

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Strange morning. Awoke at a friend's house, with a hangover, and have spent the morning being utterly confused and terrified by their kids.

Also, I note that children are far FAR too loud.

Funny story Walsie :biggrin:

And I can imagine it happening to you

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Strange morning. Awoke at a friend's house, with a hangover, and have spent the morning being utterly confused and terrified by their kids.

Also, I note that children are far FAR too loud.

Don't give up on drinking yet, you're still not at rock bottom. :thumbsup:

Will you STOP trying to reform my drinking fer chrissakes?

I have a two can rule most nights, don't have many of those, and only get hungover drunk at the weekend. I'm practically teetotal.

Don't make me quote Chesterton at you, baby.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

"everyone has to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer"

You know, there's something about a batch of insomnia that really pushes the urge to not be social..

• Like 7

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Clients are an never ending source of amusement as they bitch for solutions then decide to not take the solutions and instead want some OTHER fixes ahead of the supposedly urgent ones. And then complain about the service they get.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

...noticed Gromnir ain't been 'round since last December...

I noticed that too. I wonder where he got to.

it seems logical to assume he's having good fun.

• Like 3

-Elwood Blues

Had a case today with the douchebaggest most professional-courtesy-lacking lawyer of all time opposite me.

Could you capture him and send him to London zoo?

~

NB: This is a plan with no drawbacks.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

"everyone has to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer"

You know, there's something about a batch of insomnia that really pushes the urge to not be social..

I don't know what you're talking about, I'm having a great chat with this here floating eye intestine that's been following me around since yesterday.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Had a case today with the douchebaggest most professional-courtesy-lacking lawyer of all time opposite me.

Could you capture him and send him to London zoo?

~

NB: This is a plan with no drawbacks.

I'd have to get disturbingly close to him or use intermediaries.

Hmm, those two construction worker/bouncer types owe me for the thing with the guy...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Seem to be a in a bit of a blue funk.

whacky097.gif

...and the toilet needs a new float, which gave me a bit of amusement. The tank lid is off (so I can pull the float up when it sticks/doesn't shut off), so when Mr. Black jumped onto the toilet seat, the view/noise of the water flushing startled him. He stuck his nose partway in the tank to watch, then freaked out and went skidding back to the living room. Brave is not in his vocabulary. :biggrin:

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Just returned from the Hockenheim Speedway rock festival and I have to say it was the best festival I've been to so far.
I could finally fulfill my dream of seeing Nine Inch Nails live, and I even made it up to the second row just before the barrier. The moshpit was insane when NIN played ''Head like a hole'' and ''March of the pigs'' (collapsed people everywhere) and the light show was amazing.
A System Of A Down and Deftones were excellent too, lots of moshing.

Since it hadn't rained for days the ground was dry and really dusty which added to the cool factor but also made breathing very unpleasant and soon everyone was covered in dirt. 

Foto-0052_zpsff4badef.jpg

Thats why I (left) had to cover my mouth. 

Foto-0042_zps2b526395.jpg

• Like 2

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

...noticed Gromnir ain't been 'round since last December...

I noticed that too. I wonder where he got to.

...I knows I's disappeared fer months, e'en a couple years, on end a few times, but it be alot weirder fer Grommy ta do so...e'en in the Grand Exodus o' 2001 when BIS/BIO split, Grommy'd still wander over e'ery few months from the Bioweenian boards...much as we's had our differences o'er the years, I hopes nuthin' happened ta the ol' bugger...

...oh, an' jus' ta keep it "on topic", today I changed me avvie back ta the first custom one I used on the ol' BIS forums...gittin' sappy in me ol' age... :grin: