my 2 cents about spells and exploration

Greetings from Italy!!pls pardon my imperfect english...

first of all, i'm so proud of you! I really hope u'll kick in the balls those bast***** militaries who has invaded the RPG reign....

In my humble opinion it would be great if every spell wasn't automatically learnt but acquired after solving a quest.

More powerful the spell more difficult and long the quest....Maybe inserted all in a Magic Guild or an Arcane School...

About exploration: i'm playing now  some spiderweb products and , damn, even if the graphic is ****ting, they really  fascinate you because the story and the attention of particulars are at high lvl!

For example, the presence of secret passages and secret areas is neverending incentive to explore every wall and room!

Also the blocked access to some areas   by water or cliff is exciting because u have to return later in the game when u have got some special abilities ....

The in game map should be something more than an automatic gadget;  it could be linked with a special skill that need to be improved in order to don't lost in a dungeon or to get access to more detailed informations about the world. There can be a Ranger guild that teach u how obtain a always more detailed map... this guild could be similar also to the XIX century exploration associations as, for example, the Nathional Geographic Society, who  drive you to explore unknown lands and regions...

byebye

• Like 5

I like the idea of areas you can't explore until you've gotten the requisite skills. IE Acrobatics to climb an object, or levitate to get over that wall, or a sufficiently high lockpick skill to get past the gate.

The existence of the area itself will be incentive for the curious player to find a way to pathfind themselves in there.

• Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I love those mechanics in games, because it ensures that the loot will be closer to your level or will be better because you don't just wander and find it.  You have to work for it and be up to date on what you need to clear entire dungeons and caves.

+1 Reminds me of Might and Magic 3 and World of Xeen. It gives one a sense of growing power OUTSIDE of combat, which is really cool. Just further examples: Water Walking, Perception to find hidden objects, Survival skill to find new areas on the overland map, et.

• Like 1

Greetings from Italy!!pls pardon my imperfect english...

first of all, i'm so proud of you! I really hope u'll kick in the balls those bast***** militaries who has invaded the RPG reign....

Welcome to the internet. Apologies for our total lack of social graces.

Like your points. But what military are you talking about?

*thinks*

My god! maybe that's where all the Soviet troops went before the coup? The 1st Shock Army is just biding it's time!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Hi Wals, thx for the welcome

i mean the total degeneration of the last years , not only in the videogames world, but pratically in every human sphere:

some ex:

in videogames u sure know the rpg are becoming little by little  fps games....this is obviously a well planned project.......the same for some tv reality, as Pawn Stars, where in every episode someone, casually, sell them a gun or a rifle and at the end of the episode the try them in a shooting range...Lobbies are really powerfull....