Gorth

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Meh, no crpg in sight. No tactical squad based combat game either for that matter. RTS and shooters seems to be all that runs out of the munitorum factories these days :(

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Meh, no crpg in sight. No tactical squad based combat game either for that matter. RTS and shooters seems to be all that runs out of the munitorum factories these days :(

I'm waiting to see what DoW3 will look like, assuming it gets made.  I'll probably be in the minority, but I hope it's more like DoW2 and less like DoW1.  I can't handle traditional RTS with base building, resource management, and large armies, but squad-based RTS, I can definitely get down with that.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm waiting to see what DoW3 will look like, assuming it gets made.  I'll probably be in the minority, but I hope it's more like DoW2 and less like DoW1.  I can't handle traditional RTS with base building, resource management, and large armies, but squad-based RTS, I can definitely get down with that.

I'm a simple person, so I just hate all RTS on principle :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Which is odd, I guess they figure the appeal will be too limited. Still, Deathwatch would work. See interesting worlds, be a walking death machine, etc.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm not a campaigner, but I was pretty dumbfounded to read a scathing review of Rome II. I assumed it would be a complex, fun, ingenious game ... but, no. Tedious, boring, time-consuming, apparently. Ars Technica usually reads well, too, so I believe 'em. 

All Stop. On Screen.

RPS was also luke warm on the game.  Glad I stopped buying TW games due to the 5-6 gig patches they invariably require.  I haven't even been able to play Shogun 2.  The game has been patched to such an extent that when you buy the physical disk version, it simply downloads the entire game from steam anyway.  And no, that isn't an error.  The original game is no longer compatible with the steam version so steam requires the entire game be downloaded.  That would cost me more in download fees than the actual game cost.  CA lost the plot years ago.

Well, by now everyone should know that TW games are never finished on release, therefore I don't exactly get all the rage that is spawning in the forums right now. It was obvious that the launch will be ****ed up, especially considering they activated the review copies of the game only like a day before release. The scarce amount of detailed information that was not from their PR machine, etc... Whoever didn't expected something bad was either blind or didn't informed himself before.

Me personally, I only played a part of the prolog yesterday and it doesn't look like a that bad game. Still, I have huge performance issues. The game is nearly unplayable, as soon as there are more than 15 units on the screen... And later you will have at least 20 per side...

Graphic wise the game is a huge letdown, though. Even if I ignore the frames and power up all graphic settings, I don't get even remotely close to what was shown on screenshots and videos. My game just looks blurry and messy.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Relic says that while they no longer work for a company that holds exclusive rights to make games using the 40K license, they still retain the rights to "Dawn of War." Given that Games Workshop has given permission to use the 40K license to a whole host of different companies that are totally unrelated since THQ folded which implies the license has gone "mercenar" as it were, they'd have to be stupid to not let Relic make a Dawn of War III.

I do happen to like the happy medium between the micro-intensive battles of DoW II and the CnC-ish macro-game of DoW I Relic found with Company of Heroes, so that's my hope for Dawn of War III (well, that and that they include Harlequins for the Eldar and Catachans for the Imperial Guard).

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling