Gorth

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/08/19/0x10c-cancelled-for-good-but-fans-plan-to-do-it-anyway/

That Notch guy giving up on that space game he was working on.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Free-to-play Heroes of Dragon Age coming to mobile

Players will put together squads of heroes and monsters that "span Dragon Age lore" from packs of characters that can likely be earned within the game or purchased through microtransactions. The publisher describes Heroes of Dragon Age as a cross-platform mobile game, so it will presumably be available on iOS and Android.

spiderman-telling-you-look-him-and-laugh

MzpydUh.gif

Fools and their money. Can't blame them.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Are romances in?

For 320 BioWare points you can buy a friendship token.  For 800 BioWare points you can buy a flirt token.  Friendship token can be traded in for a 1% chance at romance, flirt tokens for a 3% chance at romance.

:shifty:

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Are romances in?

For 320 BioWare points you can buy a friendship token.  For 800 BioWare points you can buy a flirt token.  Friendship token can be traded in for a 1% chance at romance, flirt tokens for a 3% chance at romance.

:shifty:

This is... a joke, right? Right?

Also, guess what game is coming out soon!~

Edited by anubite

I made a 2 hour rant video about dragon age 2. It's not the greatest... but if you want to watch it, here ya go:

I've been following the game since it was put on kickstarter. It looks like a stupid joke game, which is going to make it a tough sell, but if you watch the tournament from EVO (and last year's EVO), it looks very fun. It's got a lot of deep mind game mechanics to it. I'm honestly more impressed with it than Super Extreme Turbo Unlimited Edition Street Fighter, in terms of design.

I made a 2 hour rant video about dragon age 2. It's not the greatest... but if you want to watch it, here ya go:

We know Microsoft are closing down their GFWL Marketplace and the associated points system in a few days. But some information that was put on then taken down from the Age of Empires Online page indicates that Games for Windows Live in its entirety is getting the kybosh in the middle of next year. While in a sense it's good riddance to bad rubbish, it's unclear what the fate of those with GFWL-encumbered games is if the developers/publishers don't choose to act.

Grain of salt and all that, rumour and images blatantly stolen from this thread.

q513wVZ.jpg

Another unsourced image sort of backs the above.

xCVlXx5_cv77ga0wdg.png

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Guest Slinky

Heh, most of the other reviews haven't been that brutal, but they haven't been that positive either. Seems to be avaraging around 6/10.

I guess XCOM: UFO Effect could have worked in paper, but not without a blue lesbian sectoid.

“The new Origin Great Game Guarantee works like this: You may return EA full game downloads (PC or Mac) purchased on Origin for a full refund – within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from when you purchased it, or within the first seven days after the game’s release date if you pre-ordered it (whichever of these conditions happens first).”

“If something doesn’t work out – you aren’t riveted by the storyline, or sucked in by the action, or even just if the game doesn’t play well with your video card – we’ve got your back.”

-RPS

That's TWO good news stories about EA in a week. Now as bad good news comes in threes, what'll be the third?

EDIT: Don't see any reference to it, so I assume it's not the case, but it'd be nice if the policy applied to retail keys registered with Origin - i.e. being able to reclaim the key within the timeframe.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

“The new Origin Great Game Guarantee works like this: You may return EA full game downloads (PC or Mac) purchased on Origin for a full refund – within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from when you purchased it, or within the first seven days after the game’s release date if you pre-ordered it (whichever of these conditions happens first).”

“If something doesn’t work out – you aren’t riveted by the storyline, or sucked in by the action, or even just if the game doesn’t play well with your video card – we’ve got your back.”

-RPS

That's TWO good news stories about EA in a week. Now as bad good news comes in threes, what'll be the third?

EDIT: Don't see any reference to it, so I assume it's not the case, but it'd be nice if the policy applied to retail keys registered with Origin - i.e. being able to reclaim the key within the timeframe.

Just came to post this, but was beaten.

I really don't see them letting you reclaim CD keys. That requires a whole other function out of their hands to turn into a refund.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."