Gorth

I think people are underestimating the ability of developers to port to different devices and the overclock to the Xbox1 is just spin, it makes virtually no difference, not even worth mentioning. Developers are spending a lot more time and effort to port to the PS3 than they will to the PS4, that should be a indication that they won't be lazily porting from Xbox1 to PS4, and if PS4 has a larger install base I don't think publishers would want to piss Sony off.

On a PC that power difference, 0.6 TFLOPS, would allow you to up some settings in the engine without any work. Previously on consoles there's been games with frame drops, the extra power of the PS4 could mean a much better version of the game if frames are stable on it but not the Xbox1. Sony have denied 5GB of RAM for game developers, so it'll be interesting to see what the true figure is, if it's significantly more, like PC vs console now, will that mean the PS4 getting lower res textures because of ports from the Xbox1, that's been a problem with ports to PC for years.

Edited by AwesomeOcelot

Ducktales has been remastered and is on Steam!  I want it!

I vaguely remember the game as a kid, but I loved the show.

Played a tiny bit of it just to see how the controls are.

Looks fun so far. Going to play more tomorrow. Loads more as this stupid work will be done then :)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I'm not too surprised, although I am a bit surprised that Rome: Total War didn't break a million units in the US (since I feel it was probably one of their more popular games).

Although it sounds like Rome 2 is doing very, very well with preorders.  With franchises like COH and whatnot, it does seem like they have a pretty strong PC following.

I think people are underestimating the ability of developers to port to different devices and the overclock to the Xbox1 is just spin, it makes virtually no difference, not even worth mentioning. Developers are spending a lot more time and effort to port to the PS3 than they will to the PS4, that should be a indication that they won't be lazily porting from Xbox1 to PS4, and if PS4 has a larger install base I don't think publishers would want to piss Sony off.

Haha, as someone who's primary platform is PS3, I wholeheartedly disagree with you. As a rule the superior capabilities of the PS3 (disc space) were almost universally neglected (compressed video, identical disc usage with x360) and very few multiplatform games even attempted to take advantage of its structure (the only two I can remember were red alert 3 and dragon age origins). :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

...and ditch auction

They actually said they'd like to do it, but at this point it's just not feasible for the PC version. The console versions won't have auction.

Did they say they'd like to do it, or was that just Jay Wilson after he'd already moved to a different project?
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'll wait until one of you people play it to see if it's worth forking out $15 for eventually.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'll wait until one of you people play it to see if it's worth forking out $15 for eventually.

I'll be playing it in about a week and I'll be sure to post my thoughts.  What I like about the series is that Volition hasn't forgotten that this is a game first and foremost.  Sometimes developers get too involved into trying to create something profound or artsy with the medium.  When I fire up a game, I'm generally not looking for a moral treatise on the crumbling capitalist system, the evils of elitism, and the disappearance of the middle class, I just want to have some fun.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'd have it pre-ordered if it supported XP. It's weird that it doesn't when 3 did.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

RPS has weighed in too.

That’s what makes Saints Row IV so absolutely wonderful. It’s not the ghosts of controversy that the series once had, and the promotional materials so desperately wish was still there. It’s not **** bats, or poorly pixelated winkies. It’s fun. It’s sheer, unbridled, unrestricted fun. It’s a game that boldly lets you do everything you could ever want to, and can survive such freedoms. It’s a game that realises its own potential – that this is a form in which no limitations are necessary, in which conforming to expectations is pointless. Games have the ability to let us live out such mad, explosive, eccentric nonsense, and yet they almost never do. Saints Row IV does, and that makes it incredibly special. That it does it with such panache, such ease, and such ceaselessly entertaining humour, makes it simply one of the most fun games I’ve ever played.

Oh, and stay for the credits. I couldn’t breathe for laughing.

tl;dr - John Walker really likes it.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

tl;dr - John Walker really likes it.

It’s gross, too. But at the same time, remarkably sophisticated. If you look to Saints Row’s beginnings, it started as a fairly repulsive game. A pathetic GTA rip-off of little merit, packed with deeply unpleasant portrayals of women. But SR4, even with its inclusion of a strip club, large-exposed-breasted characters, and numerous sexual innuendos, feels a million miles from this. Not least because of its ludicrously fantasised and sexualised men, and absolutely equal-opportunity offensiveness. This is a game where women are as strong as men, not under their ultimate authority, and give as good as they get.

Should have expected that :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Those are pretty good.  Rockstar has always been good at making great political and advertising spoofs.  The billboards and radio ads in the GTA games and the talk radio stations have always been funny and entertaining.  

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Jim Sterling of Destructoid weighs in on Saints Row 4

It is with a bittersweet heart, then, that I declare Saints Row IV perhaps one of the best open world sandbox games you could ever hope to play, and practically a culmination of everything the genre's worked toward this generation. 

tl;dr - 9.5/10

Edit: Also, The Escapist and Joystiq have both given the game perfect scores.

Bottom Line: All put together, Saints Row IV is a fantastic game, keeping up the series' tradition of giving players a wide open world and the tools to go absolutely bonkers within it. It's hilarious, it's action-packed, and most of all, its fun to play.

Recommendation: Saints Row IV is ludicrously good, and you should definitely check it out. Now drop the bass!

Furthermore, the story missions that tie these brilliantly crafted moments together constitute one of the most diverse, madcap and worthwhile single-player experiences I've ever encountered. Every single thing in Saints Row 4 is worth doing, which is a huge accomplishment on its own, but its story missions in particular are inventive, hilariously unexpected examples of truly inspired game design.

/rubs hads together.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸