Gorth

Valve makes games ?

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/25/4553536/is-company-of-heroes-2-anti-russian

Some Russians are not pleased about CoH 2's handling of history.

Heh, well, there are people in Russia who still think Stalin was a nice pal, even though in some regards he was worse than the big H.

I wonder what they teach about the history of Soviet Union in Russian schools these days.

Of course Obama is way worse than Hitler. I wonder how Stalin and Obama compare. I bet they both killed the same amount of hundreds of millions of people and Hitler was a joke compared to them.

IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

Valve makes games ?

They just released some obscure title called Doda or Tota or something.  Apparently it's some niche type of game that very few people play.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I guess it needed more emoticons.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Guest Slinky

Heh, well, there are people in Russia who still think Stalin was a nice pal, even though in some regards he was worse than the big H.

I wonder what they teach about the history of Soviet Union in Russian schools these days.

Of course Obama is way worse than Hitler. I wonder how Stalin and Obama compare. I bet they both killed the same amount of hundreds of millions of people and Hitler was a joke compared to them.

colemanwtf.gif

Eeeh.. what?

Crappy linkbait. They talked to one designer that said they expect to have a trailer or something to show at the next E3. That's all he said.

This does not translate to "release 2014" unless we're talking about running it through babelfish into japanese, german, french, then back into english.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

We've had official word that they're working on Half-Life 3 for years now. They've essentially said they never stopped working on it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm convinced HL3 will release with the launch of the SteamBox, whenever that is.  Nothing but GabeN himself saying otherwise will convince me of anything else.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

WoW's declining steadily, not entirely a surprise after all these years.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/208146/number-of-subscribers-of-world-of-warcraft/

I guess Cataclysm was the start where things started going down ? (Q4 2010)

It's kinda scary to think that they're probably going to drop to half their peak number, in that that number would still be, in terms of revenue, orders of magnitude larger than any other game out there.

But yeah, Cataclysm is the common marker for the start of the descent, and that holds personally true for me as well, I vastly scaled back my responsibilities at that point, entering a semi-retired state for my final year of playing.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

colemanwtf.gif

Eeeh.. what?

Uh what? I just thought we were gonna throw in names and say that those people are worse than Hitler. Ok sorry, nevermind.

Now on to real news. Ouya, being a product of scamstarter, is a complete failure: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/26/ouya-ceo-27-percent-of-ouya-owners-have-bought-a-game/

IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

Guest Slinky

Uh what? I just thought we were gonna throw in names and say that those people are worse than Hitler. Ok sorry, nevermind.

I'm still unsure where are you coming from, defending Stalin or refusing to believe anyone can be worse than Hitler, or what  :huh: 

They both were monsters causing horrifying amounts of misery and death. If you disagree with me on something please do say so, I do welcome different points of view. Via PM if you dont want to discuss about it here.

I don't believe Sony are so stupid to add an extra 4GB of GDDR5 and use 3.5GB of it for the OS and a bunch of other stuff that clearly wouldn't need the extra bandwidth. It would be way more cost effective to have 6GB or 8GB of DDR3 plus 2GB of GDDR5.

Unless there is cost-savings in the simplicity of supporting only the single architecture (of which I am wholly incapable of actually answering).

Edited by alanschu

Now on to real news. Ouya, being a product of scamstarter, is a complete failure: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/26/ouya-ceo-27-percent-of-ouya-owners-have-bought-a-game/

Doesn't help that until Shadowrun Returns launches for android, Ouya has no games worth buying.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Doesn't help that until Shadowrun Returns launches for android, Ouya has no games worth buying.

Ouya has one exclusive worth playing, Towerfall, it's a bit expensive. Hidden In Plain Sight, BombSquad, Puddle, and Nimble Quest are worth playing. Broken Sword Shadow of the Templars and Aquaria (supports gamepad) android versions work well if you side load, really good games. Delver's Drop is coming. Shadowrun Returns would need more than a straight port to work on a TV with the gamepad, it's not as simple as just using the Android version that's designed for tablets and similar to the PC version.

I don't believe Sony are so stupid to add an extra 4GB of GDDR5 and use 3.5GB of it for the OS and a bunch of other stuff that clearly wouldn't need the extra bandwidth. It would be way more cost effective to have 6GB or 8GB of DDR3 plus 2GB of GDDR5.

Unless there is cost-savings in the simplicity of supporting only the single architecture (of which I am wholly incapable of actually answering).

Yes because they'd have to stick it on a separate bus, but not anywhere near making up the difference. It's possible they have knowledge of DDR3 prices going up and GDDR5 prices going down. They designed the OS for 4GB, it wasn't using 3.5GB before they decided to double it, this clearly wasn't part of the plans even up until relatively recently.

Edited by AwesomeOcelot