Gorth

Start of old thread

end of old thread

In the latest news:

Recursive Design

Is the newest fad :)

Also, in previous news:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/237550

Guys for those into older RPG I see the remake of Realms of Arkania is due to be released in a week. I never played the original but this game interests me as people often say its a "RPG Classic"

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

:p

Of course, not many people would get the joke :grin:

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Thought the joke lay in the Steam link, didn't get it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

In the latest news:

Recursive Design

Is the newest fad :)

99b.jpg

http://store.steampo....com/app/237550

Guys for those into older RPG I see the remake of Realms of Arkania is due to be released in a week. I never played the original but this game interests me as people often say its a "RPG Classic"

It's a video game adaptation of the German The Dark Eye RPG system.  It's decidedly old school, brutally unforgiving, and has a large world and plenty of depth.  The balancing leaves a lot to be desired and a lot of the table top stuff didn't translate particularly well into video game form, leaving the game with a bunch of skills that are essentially useless.

I, for one, am down for this remake, though it won't likely be a day one purchase or anything like that.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Eidos Montreal founder quits company

Eidos Montreal founder and general manager Stephane D'Astous has resigned from the company as of last Friday, D'Astous told Polygon this morning.

D'Astous said his replacement will be David Anfossi, current Eidos Montreal studio head and producer for Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Deus Ex: The Fall.

In a statement, D'Astous, who helped found the studio in 2007, said he left the company after being unable to reconcile differences between Eidos and Square Enix Europe.

"Since last year's financial short-coming performance of Square Enix Europe, we (HQ London and GM Eidos Montreal) have had growing and divergent opinions on what needed to be done to correct the situation," he said. "The lack of leadership, lack of courage and the lack of communication were so evident, that I wasn't able to conduct my job correctly. I realized that our differences were irreconcilable, and that the best decision was unfortunately to part ways."

Eidos Montreal, which heads Square Enix's Deus Ex franchises, has faced turmoil over the past five years in developing the upcoming Thief reboot, which Polygon reports was mired in corporate politics and stalled by the departure of numerous development team members.

In March, Square Enix reported the company expected to incur "extraordinary loss" for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2013, shortly followed by the resignation of CEO Yoichi Wada. In April the company was hit with widespread layoffs as part of a company-wide restructuring, and in May Square Enix North America's CEO and president Mike Fischer stepped down. Last month, Square Enix announced leadership changes across all its subsidiary studios.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

"We're very excited to publish a new Star Contro game. We are inclined to go with an XCom-like reboot using Star Control 2 as a major source of inspiration," Stardock CEO Brad Wardell told Joystiq. "By rebooting the series á la XCom, we can bring a new generation of gamers into a fun, silly space adventure. We hope to involve as many of the original designers and developers of the series, along with the fan base. It's important to us that Star Control remain true to its origins as much as is possible."

APTOPIX-North-Korea-Obit-Kim-Jong-Il-MOU

• Like 4

MzpydUh.gif

"We're very excited to publish a new Star Contro game. We are inclined to go with an XCom-like reboot using Star Control 2 as a major source of inspiration," Stardock CEO Brad Wardell told Joystiq. "By rebooting the series á la XCom, we can bring a new generation of gamers into a fun, silly space adventure. We hope to involve as many of the original designers and developers of the series, along with the fan base. It's important to us that Star Control remain true to its origins as much as is possible."

Someone died?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/pc-games/vivendi-bleeding-blizzard-what-does-it-all-mean/\

tl;dr Vivendi owns Blizzard. Vivendi is in trouble financially and is probably going to take some money from blizz, which may or may not result in <insert whatever nostradamus **** you can come up with>

Why can't they just sell Blizzard? Apparently, nobody has the money for it, so they're just gonna bleed blizz for a few billion usd.

Edited by Bester
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

Someone died?

Someone farted?

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Someone farted?

Totally that guy suppressing a smile in the middle.. haha.

But I don't understand the reference Cultist, are they tears of joy that they are doing a revive or are you sad about it?

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/pc-games/vivendi-bleeding-blizzard-what-does-it-all-mean/\

tl;dr Vivendi owns Blizzard. Vivendi is in trouble financially and is probably going to take some money from blizz, which may or may not result in

Why can't they just sell Blizzard? Apparently, nobody has the money for it, so they're just gonna bleed blizz for a few billion usd.

Blizzard Entertainment is not Activision Blizzard the holding company, which is the company being bled here. Activision Blizzard owns Blizzard, but they also own massive franchises like Call of Duty. Yes, it will likely create reprecussions for Blizzard Entertainment, but they'll probably be minimal because Activision Blizzard has the cash on hand. It's not Blizzard paying for this, and Activision Blizzard on a whole is still in a strong position in the game industry so they'll recover, even if this takes up a large amount of their reserves and investments.

The Final Restoration Project update is out for Fallout 2:

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=63998

Haha, like Bear Dude himself said, not the first "final" version he has released.

Truly final or not, my respect for the guy is immense. People who make unofficial bugfix patches are my personal heroes, but that one takes the cake.

I was pondering putting Final into quotation marks, but didn't want to confuse people in case they don't read the thread.

Eidos Montreal founder quits company

Eidos Montreal founder and general manager Stephane D'Astous has resigned from the company as of last Friday, D'Astous told Polygon this morning.

D'Astous said his replacement will be David Anfossi, current Eidos Montreal studio head and producer for Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Deus Ex: The Fall.

In a statement, D'Astous, who helped found the studio in 2007, said he left the company after being unable to reconcile differences between Eidos and Square Enix Europe.

"Since last year's financial short-coming performance of Square Enix Europe, we (HQ London and GM Eidos Montreal) have had growing and divergent opinions on what needed to be done to correct the situation," he said. "The lack of leadership, lack of courage and the lack of communication were so evident, that I wasn't able to conduct my job correctly. I realized that our differences were irreconcilable, and that the best decision was unfortunately to part ways."

Eidos Montreal, which heads Square Enix's Deus Ex franchises, has faced turmoil over the past five years in developing the upcoming Thief reboot, which Polygon reports was mired in corporate politics and stalled by the departure of numerous development team members.

In March, Square Enix reported the company expected to incur "extraordinary loss" for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2013, shortly followed by the resignation of CEO Yoichi Wada. In April the company was hit with widespread layoffs as part of a company-wide restructuring, and in May Square Enix North America's CEO and president Mike Fischer stepped down. Last month, Square Enix announced leadership changes across all its subsidiary studios.

****!

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/25/4553536/is-company-of-heroes-2-anti-russian

Some Russians are not pleased about CoH 2's handling of history. Well ok, and a Poles and a Ukranian as well (my mistake).

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Guest Slinky

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/25/4553536/is-company-of-heroes-2-anti-russian

Some Russians are not pleased about CoH 2's handling of history.

Heh, well, there are people in Russia who still think Stalin was a nice pal, even though in some regards he was worse than the big H.

I wonder what they teach about the history of Soviet Union in Russian schools these days.

Limited beta of Race the Sun available for the public

If you missed the Kickstarter, it's essentially an infinite runner and a fairly fun one at that. It's come a long way since the beta, and has a nice minimalist aesthetic. A new world is generated daily and players can submit worlds they design, which are visited through portals scattered through the daily map.

Shadow of the Eternals relaunches its Kickstarter campaign

They cancelled their first campaign after the less-than-stellar results during the first campaign, and are bringing it back to Kickstarter.

Meh, many americans genuinely believe that they won WW2 (and WW1 for that matter) solo so embiggening and rose tinting your country's contribution is hardly unique to anywhere- and I say that from a country that suffered more military casualties per capita than any other in WW1 despite being on the opposite side of the world. CoH2 is probably what you do get if you read a lot of history books, in english so only the ones that will sell in english, and if you're pandering to a western market with its biases.

"It's entirely plausible to believe that happened," said Duffy

Aliens!.jpg

CoH2 is probably what you do get if you read a lot of history books, in english so only the ones that will sell in english, and if you're pandering to a western market with its biases.

The problem has never been pandering to the biases but pretending that this is real history that is coming out of Hollywood.

I never saw anything wrong with a bit of historical fiction but insisting those events have a solid grounding in reality is not just insulting but borders on arrogance.

Relic's position is ridiculous, they shouldn't be defending balance, there's no such thing as balance outside of raw facts. They shouldn't hide behind "it could have plausibly happened" either, if experts are saying that one rifle to two conscripts is bull**** they shouldn't try to make out it's accurate. The reaction from Russians is pathetically blinkered nationalism.