Start of old thread

End of old thread

Old thread ran out of Steam (pun intended)...

Current subject was Steam trading cards.

Never heard of them :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Haven't really bothered to read up on it, but...why would you want to buy them ? I get selling them, if someone wants to give you money for something, by all means.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Haven't really bothered to read up on it, but...why would you want to buy them ? I get selling them, if someone wants to give you money for something, by all means.

I suspect for the same reason that you'll find people spending money on purely cosmetic DLC for games.

I sell my spares and use the money I make that way to buy the ones for the sets of the games I actually enjoy. No way I'd spend any extra cash on it though.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I've only got three cards, which I didn't even know about until reading about them here.  All three are for Crusader Kings 2 if anyone wants them.  Of course they will have to explain how I would go about giving them away.  :)

I've only got three cards, which I didn't even know about until reading about them here.  All three are for Crusader Kings 2 if anyone wants them.  Of course they will have to explain how I would go about giving them away.  :)

All you have to do is add someone on steam to your friends list like say this guy:-  You can then right click on their name in the friends list and select "invite to trade". A new window will pop up for the trade itself. From there it's just drag and drop the items you want to trade.

Okaaay, I think I sent a friend invite.  I'll try and send them to you now.  :thumbsup:

Edit:  Nope.  When I right click on your name in the friend list, I just get the menu with 'Back', 'Forward', 'Reload', etc.  :blink:

Edit again.  Seems I have to have had Steam Guard enabled for 15 days before I can trade.  You'll have to wait a couple of weeks before I can send them to you.  :getlost:

Edited by mute688

Okaaay, I think I sent a friend invite.  I'll try and send them to you now.  :thumbsup:

Edit:  Nope.  When I right click on your name in the friend list, I just get the menu with 'Back', 'Forward', 'Reload', etc.  :blink:

Edit again.  Seems I have to have had Steam Guard enabled for 15 days before I can trade.  You'll have to wait a couple of weeks before I can send them to you.  :getlost:

Ah, that's a pain. I've seen a number of people get caught by stuff like that. I knew that you had to have it enabled for marketplace transactions, but I didn't think it had to be on for trading on your friends list.

Edited by Deraldin

I only have 2 people on my friends list, and one of them randomly added me from a Paradox group I was in.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

It seems kind of arbitrary what Steam's new not-quite-offline mode can do: it won't grant you cards while playing, but will now save achievements. It won't update games, but will update itself. It won't take screenshots but will show the store homepage.

Paranoid perhaps, but it makes me wonder what other data they're slurping while I'm nominally offline.

Aside, wacky EA pricing: The Sims 3 by itself: $39.99. The Sims 3 + the Pets expansion pack: $44.99. The Sims 3 + the University Life expansion pack: $19.99. Oookay.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I only have 2 people on my friends list, and one of them randomly added me from a Paradox group I was in.

Don't be so anti social, there are a ton of us from the forum in the Steam group :p

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I suspect for the same reason that you'll find people spending money on purely cosmetic DLC for games.

I see, so no real good reason then :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

All I do is sell any dupes I get.  I don't put any effort into getting cards.  If I get one I get one.  If that mean that eventually I get a badge, or whatever, then I get a badge.

/shrugs

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It do have to fess up and say I wound up buying a clothing DLC for Tomb Raider.  embarrassed-smiley62.gif

Of course, it was only $0.24, which I was able to cover with money I got from selling a trading card.  Plus, Lara just looked so cold in those early scenes.  I was just being a gentleman by getting her that sweet bomber jacket to keep her warm (and stylish).

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I see, so no real good reason then :p

I bought 2-3 keys for Team Fortress 2 crates (lottery type curiosity) and nothing before or since.

I'd never buy DLC. Usually the price of the game is what i'm willing to spend on it. a teaspoon sized helping of content does nothing for me either way. Especially not later when I'm already done with the game.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

KoToR2 is on a flash sale and DoW2: Retribution is on a daily sale right now.  If I didn't already own both of them, I'd be buying the **** out of them right now. (that translates to a recommendation for both games)

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

All you have to do is add someone on steam to your friends list like say this guy:-  You can then right click on their name in the friends list and select "invite to trade". A new window will pop up for the trade itself. From there it's just drag and drop the items you want to trade.

Send you an invite as well.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Was hoping Monaco would have won the voting for the next community sale, but it fell short. But then visited the dev's website and they're selling the four-pack for $30 which would have matched the $7.50 price it would have been on Steam had it won the vote.

But then their website failed under load. So I guess I'll come back later.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I also bought Organ Trail, but only to try if my new bank card would work (it didn't when I tried to buy Hotline Miami). It worked so now I own it but I have no intention to ever play it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!