I hope someone/something like this makes an appearance PE in any shape or form

It's sorta funny, and I suppose this is better than an RPG taking itself too seriously, but in general I find things like this to be needlessly silly and slightly immersion-breaking. More subtle meta-humor (I label it this due to the use of modern slang and fantasy genre sensibilities) on the other hand, I can appreciate, but at some point I don't understand the point of putting in all the effort to make the world immersive if you're going to stick in stuff like this. I don't know, just my two cents.

• Like 5

Like Minsc the rather obvious humour grows tiring with repetition, however one is always free to unequip and sell I suppose.

I'd prefer another branching of Ravel's incarnations, like the Seer in Heart of Winter and the Catlady in Targos.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 5

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

How about a tomb (book) that a wizard (spell caster) bound himself to (by mistake) and with it in your inventory (or equiped?) he gives you trivial insight into the world around you, annoying at time and useful at others.

How about a tomb (book) that a wizard (spell caster) bound himself to (by mistake) and with it in your inventory (or equiped?) he gives you trivial insight into the world around you, annoying at time and useful at others.

I think a sentient book (tome* :biggrin:) could be interesting as long as it wasn't voiced by... well, whatever you'd call the sword's voice acting.

Truth be told, I think they should up the ante and introduce a talking codpiece.

Perhaps it could be a cursed codpiece?

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Truth be told, I think they should up the ante and introduce a talking codpiece.

Worst article of equipment to be unable to remove, EVER. :)

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I think a sentient book (tome* :biggrin:) could be interesting as long as it wasn't voiced by... well, whatever you'd call the sword's voice acting.

Dragon Age: Origins - Witch Hunt the human mage Finn was the best character out of all of them from Dragon Age: Origins (IMO). I found it sad that most compelling and entertaining NPC was in a short DLC. If the book/tomb had his quirky personality I would be very happy.

How about a sentient hammer.

Call it Ribsmasher.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

That sword was decidedly too puerile. I'd hope that if there were souls trapped in weapons or grimoires that they'd be written into the game as a serious NPC-like entity. Maybe that's the bonus companion...

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

. You could call it Bigby's oppressive strap

It draws crushing hand to the codpiece...

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

It draws crushing hand to the codpiece...

Or shocks/stings you when you lie. Or maybe it just shrinks (the piece, itself) when you lie. :)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Ring of in-jokes.

Makes you think of funny things, making you laugh while no-one else gets the joke.

• Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.