Great interview. I love this post.

18hg6f.jpg?t=1350556308

The shadow in the corner of your eye. The cold steel pressed to your throat.

The beautiful vision that may be your last.

Do not breath, for the Petite Death has your Soul in her hand.

Polina and Dimitri grew up in the U.S. but...

they both have slight accents, IMO.

It's a good thing they don't have major accents, because then their accents would outrank yours.

8)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

good grief, giant spiders are my least favourite monsters in games. 

"You are poisoned by Massive Creepy Crawler. Ha ha."

-1 HP

-1 HP

-1 HP

"You cast the last healing spell you have after the big battle you just went through."

-1 HP

-1 HP

-1 HP

-1 HP

-1 HP

-1 HP

-1 HP

"You die. Ha ha."

Every time.

That's what happens when you fail to buy "Antidote" potions before wandering off into a dungeon...

Edited by Ineth

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

That's what happens when you fail to buy "Antidote" potions before wandering off into a dungeon...

You know what's weird? People in fantasy worlds can develop a single potion solution to counter-act ANY poison in the entire world, no matter what it is. But, they can't seem to develop a vaccine to even a single one.

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

You know what's weird? People in fantasy worlds can develop a single potion solution to counter-act ANY poison in the entire world, no matter what it is. But, they can't seem to develop a vaccine to even a single one.

It's all about the mindset. It's a relatively new concept to go from curing/treating a disease to preventing a disease. I know your post was tongue-in-cheek, but this is an actual problem even in real-life. Some cultures/countries are still in this mind-set where they ignore primary prevention and deal only in minimizing morbidity.

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

Eh, people in PE can only heal and recover from disabilities in their sleep. And have yet to figure out the mysterious bandage. :shrugz:

• Like 2

It's all about the mindset. It's a relatively new concept to go from curing/treating a disease to preventing a disease. I know your post was tongue-in-cheek, but this is an actual problem even in real-life. Some cultures/countries are still in this mind-set where they ignore primary prevention and deal only in minimizing morbidity.

Plus the potion is likely magic-based and of instantaneous duration. The equivalent to a vaccine is an item that proofs against disease with an infinite duration; something that seems to be expensive to create in a magic setting.

Edited by rjshae

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Where's the donation jar on that desk for those who want their likeness used as the basis for an NPC?  Yes, yes, I know that the mega-buck Backers received some such consideration, but maybe we can wrangle a deal with Polina directly... :shifty:

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

Q: And where do you draw your inspiration from?

A: Nature. Nature will always have us concept artists beat. =) It does some weird ****. =D

Q: Anything else you would like to share?

A: I like to hide in dark corners... and make random creature noises. =)

Excellent answer on the inspiration question. Can't beat nature on that.

Also, now I'll be imagining that you're in a dark corner somewhere if I hear any strange little noises in any P:E dungeons. Better bring some extra torches along. :aiee: 

*gasp*... You mean you haven't been considering the number of skin pores on creature designs this whole time?!

Oh my! This is horrible news! How will we get quality creatures?!

8)

Nahhh. Awesome update, haha. And keep up the splendid work, ^_^

No, really. Keep it up... in the air... like a hacky sack. I SWEAR TO GODLIKE, if that good work touches the ground... >_<

8)

EDIT: Oh dear... pun overlooking is just plain unacceptable:

I can now say with certainty that it's good to know you're not doing a... pore job...   8)

Are you one of those typical pundits, eh? ;)

Dunno, if it has already been mentioned, but she has her own website too (also check the "blog" section there):

http://www.polinadesign.com/

Woah, that Asian Architecture looks great! :thumbsup:

Overall, good update :lol:

Cool update. Creature design i something I like to do myself (but nowhere near your level). You're doing a great job with what I've seen so far.

Edit: Oh and that Cintiq. :drool:

Edited by Agremont

Are you one of those typical pundits, eh? ;)

... I see what you did there. :). The answer is affirmatory.

Eh, people in PE can only heal and recover from disabilities in their sleep. And have yet to figure out the mysterious bandage. :shrugz:

:). For what it's worth, bandages don't actually heal you. They just keep your body's natural healing process from being impeded in its efficiency. Now... I dunno about mysterious bandages. They could do all SORTS of things. :)

Edited by Lephys
  • Like 1

Very nice update! Nice to finally see the (pretty) face behind all that awesome concept art done for P:E.

That human anatomy reference figure rocks, I'm jealous... those are sooo dang expensive. 

One question, maybe it's too early to ask but have you already decided who will do the character portraits? Will it be just one artist? Will it be you? :)

Very nice update! Nice to finally see the (pretty) face behind all that awesome concept art done for P:E.

That human anatomy reference figure rocks, I'm jealous... those are sooo dang expensive. 

One question, maybe it's too early to ask but have you already decided who will do the character portraits? Will it be just one artist? Will it be you? :)

I'm also curious about the character portraits, although I kind of want them to be represented by how we create our hero's. I think the old IE portraits were mostly cool because our hero's were so small on screen you could of looked like a woman elf and mistaken them as a male human. Now a days they can make much more realistic depiction's of the model and scale them almost any size. So I'd prefer a robust selection of character faces similar to Eve or Skyrim if possible over the portraits, or if we're gonna have portraits, maybe they can animate them so the characters blink like they do on this site. 

73.jpg

132.jpg

You can't tell because this site was created several years ago and it's changed now, but the characters were all created in Photoshop and they animated them blinking which was cool. 

It's not set in stone but I believe Kaz will be doing most of the portraits =) That's said though, it will ultimately come down to how much time we have and who's available :)

Enjoying yours (and all of the artists) concepts so far Ms Hristova.

On the subject of Portraits, i'm wondering whether we might have a few more ugly and distinctive faces added to the mix. Overly strong features, subtle mis-alignment of symmetry, missing teeth, vicious scarring, etcetera. Obviously not a great number as most players will undoubtedly wish to play a handsome avatar, but a few extreme examples varying from Jack Elam to Quasimodo levels of distinctiveness.

• Like 5

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Pure mithridatium....  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mithridate

• Like 1

Pure mithridatium....  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mithridate

thanks for that. very interesting. if p:e has this potion, it should be fairly expensive to get.

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html