Wimbledon

Leferd

A Brit? Inconceivable!

Congratulations to Andy Murray and The Empire.

Edited by Leferd
  • Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Did he burst into tears ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

As an Englishman I should like to say "F*** Wimbledon"

Utter waste of time and energy.

:)

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm happy that Fred Perry's ghost can now rest in peace, but I'm sorry that **** Murray got the honor :p

Highlight of the match: Gerard Butler's scottish ecstasy :D

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

When was the last time the Brits won in one of the sports they invented? 1966? :huh:

Congratulations to Mr. Murray :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

When was the last time the Brits won in one of the sports they invented? 1966? :huh:

Murray's been fairly successful, taking the US Open and Olympics last year. The last time a Brit won in Wimbledon was in 1936, though. :p

Cricket and Rugby... I couldn't say. I know they've won gold in Ice Hockey in Olympics unlike, say, Finland. :p

To clarify I don't doubt the time and energy Mr Murray has dedicated to winning.

Quite the reverse.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Rugby world cup, about 10 years ago.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

I apologise in advance for being a debbie downer, but it's amazing what "medical help" can accomplish these days. Tennis isn't 'my' sport, but there's a lot of overlap with cycling's problems, which I follow closely. THASP is a websiteI would consider essential reading for anyone with more than a passing interest in tennis and its endemic problems.

(I'm not just pointing at the victor, if that's how it reads, the problem is magnitudes greater.)

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Andy Murray's outburst over the roof closure - First time a scotsman complained about a lock-in?

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I fully expect that they erect a monument in Dunblane bigger than the Livingstone monument in Edinburgh in order to celebrate this victory.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Surely you mean the next British androgobot.

-Elwood Blues

I've realised wimbledon doesn't use world rankings to seed players as sharapova is 24th and hewitt is seeded as well. Is there a reason for this?

Wild guess: snobbery.

-Elwood Blues

I've realised wimbledon doesn't use world rankings to seed players as sharapova is 24th and hewitt is seeded as well. Is there a reason for this?

They used grass court performance weighed seeding.