...and called it peace

Walsingham

Remember those two halfwits who murdered Lee Rigby in London earlier this year, and said it was because the British Army was killing kids?

Boko Haram kills 29 at school.

"At least 29 pupils and a teacher have been killed in a pre-dawn attack by suspected Islamists on a school in northeastern Nigeria, reports say.

Eyewitnesses said some of the victims were burned alive in the attack, in Mamudo town, Yobe state."

This is hardly a new behaviour for Islamists. But it just occurred to me it might be news to some members.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Wow that's pretty vile.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Accepted wisdom is that we should be engaging with the Islamists through negotiation and political dialogue.

I'm not really clear what dialogue the Nigerian state is supposed to have with these people. Only burn 20 people next time? 10? 2?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Accepted wisdom is that we should be engaging with the Islamists through negotiation and political dialogue.

I'm not really clear what dialogue the Nigerian state is supposed to have with these people. Only burn 20 people next time? 10? 2?

I expect any form of dialogue would be a list of ridiculous demands by the extremist that will resemble more to terms of surrender than an actual negotiation. I doubt that anyone with level of insane zeal that allows him to brutally murder children is someone you can negotiate with. A better recourse would be to negotiate with their allies, a group such as that is probably drawing support from nearby Muslim groups. Perhaps Niger; basically you cut off support, isolate them and strike. Basic Go strategy.

• Like 3
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

You can't negotiate with extremists. And yeah, the supreme irony is the greatest threat to muslims is usually other muslims, but they blame the west for everything even as they migrate there.

That's really why they target schools, too.  Extremism thrives on ignorance.  

Boko Haram, I remember those guys, they are the ones who destroyed invaluable ancient manuscripts in Timbuktu, much of which had never received a thorough look by Western historians and archaeologists. They probably receive their funding from Saudi Arabia though, and I don't think the US is about to stop leaking money into that place, so we will probably just have to get used to these guys destroying every symbol of enlightenment they can find.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Well that is incredibly ****ed up and makes me ashamed to be the same species as these bastards. If it wasn't for that other Wals thread that I'm spamming with images of scantily clad women, I would do that here to cheer myself up.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I'm not denying that Saudi funds jifs all over the place. But I haven't read specifically that they financed the Timbuktu people. Or Boko Haram. I'd prefer to be precise in these matters, if you have a source.

Orogun, you may be pleased to hear that your advice to use negotiation to cut them off from allies conforms to the British army manual on COIN, which I have in my bathroom. [not protectively marked, before anyone objects]. It's a pretty good read if you can find a copy online.

-Elwood Blues

Why do you have military manuals in your bathroom?

When else do you have time to read military manuals?

• Like 3

-Elwood Blues

In fact if you want to read it, I looked up a copy online (old version, but much the same):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/16_11_09_army_manual.pdf

-Elwood Blues

Sorry to be spamming the thread a bit, but this just in: 9 explosions at a buddhist temple complex in India.

Nine explosions hit the Mahabodhi temple complex in Bihar state's town of Bodh Gaya on July 7, injuring two monks, Hindustan Times reported, citing agencies. According to Indian State Minister R. P. N. Singh, the blasts were part of a coordinated terror attack. Intelligence sources have said that the town has been targeted by terrorists based in Pakistan for some time.

Jifs again, and it just makes me so sad and angry. That there is a movement of men so utterly dedicated to nothing more or less than provoking a hideous war between faiths. I do not know what is worse, that it should fail and so many deaths be utterly meaningless, or that they should succeed and there be so many more.

-Elwood Blues

I'm not denying that Saudi funds jifs all over the place. But I haven't read specifically that they financed the Timbuktu people. Or Boko Haram. I'd prefer to be precise in these matters, if you have a source.

Orogun, you may be pleased to hear that your advice to use negotiation to cut them off from allies conforms to the British army manual on COIN, which I have in my bathroom. [not protectively marked, before anyone objects]. It's a pretty good read if you can find a copy online.

You're right, they may very well not have that source of funding, I read up a bit on their ideology (they seriously do not believe that rain comes from evaporated water) and although there is not much to read about it it might actually not be directly influenced by Wahhabism and thus not funded by Saudi interests.

It's a pity there is not an Islamic pope and a proper inquisition, these heretics would have met the stake long ago. I really wonder what the higher Muslim religious leadership is up to regarding these matters, and how actively they seek to couteract these extremists.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Boko Haram are particularly brutal and intransigent in there interpretation of Islam. They cannot be reasoned with and  need to be arrested or annihilated. They are more violent than any other African Islamic extremist group currently operating in  Africa

Something else I need to say, people are saying the Saudi's are sponsors of Terrorism and it would seem the country and regime in Saudi Arabia are sponsors. But that's not true as its only certain wealthy Saudi businessmen who support these extremist groups. The rulers of Saudi Arabia are very much opposed to the likes of Al-Qaeda and have been instrumental in preventing several extremist attacks against the West. They do this because in the last decade or so they been the targets of extremism so they are aligned to the West in this conflict against Islamic fundamentalism

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Indeed.

I've just written and erased three completely different responses to your point about Popes. It seems to me that the jifs are in the process of trying to establish a single 'holy' order. I'm sure a bloke holding one finger in the air would wind up being islamopope in time.

...Or very likely more than one would try and declare islamopopehood, and the killing would just enter a new phase. :(

-Elwood Blues

Why do you have military manuals in your bathroom?

When else do you have time to read military manuals?

I just thought that if you needed military manuals to go to the bathroom you might want to try a stool softener.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

If I wanted a stool softener I'd read biological warfare manuals.

• Like 2

-Elwood Blues