KOTOR2 Crafting system

After all this intense debates about crafting and how it could be implemented without alientating some part of the fanbase I recalled KOTOR2 crafting system, where only your skills mattered, which was logical.

- You are skilled in medicine - you can make advanced drugs and stims.

- Computer expert - can craft electronic devices.

- Skilled in ranged combat - can make guns and gun attachments.

So why not combine best of all worlds - BG2 artefact crafting( as Josh said, more quest, than system) and KOTOR2 crafting, where your skills allowed you to craft skill-related items.

It is logical that Stealty rogue knows how to make, for example, smoke bombs.

That still leaves controversity about "Elite Fighters could forge swords like master blacksmiths" because if medic and gun expert in sci-fi setting know how to assemble their items with sci-fi crafting station, people trained to become blacksmiths their whole life. But i'm sure that could be solved or explained one way or another. For example - veteran figthers know what weapon they need, so their skill may represent their knowledge and upon reaching blacksmith they can order them weapon. anyway, it's just a random idea.

With addition of craft cost it may serve as money sink as well. Yet KOTOR2 suffered from very simplified ingridient section and for the most part crafting were reduced to get a lot of universal Components and scrap all junk into Components.

Edited by Cultist
  • Like 1

MzpydUh.gif

While I compelely ignored it due to not liking crafting at all (personal preference), I can't deny it worked pretty well. Even the simplicity of the components (a good part IMO). Just, the bad part was getting too many stuff to transform to basic components (loot creep)...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I loved how it could customise weaponry to your preference. For instance, My lightsabers were heavily focused on reflection. I could easily have gone for more damage instead, or focus on more armour penetration.

Yes, the only thing I didn't like about the KOTOR2 Crafting system was the interface. lists are... not always easy to oversee.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

P:E's Crafting system is kind has a bit of both even if it wasn't completely intentional

Skills, Talents and Class abilities determine what you can craft (perhaps attributes too but that wasn't mentioned so perhaps not) as opposed to just skills

in KotOR2 you could enhance a weapon with upgrades, these upgrades were removable to due yeah, technology.

P:E's enchantment system works the same way except you can't remove the upgrades.

The game may also have BG2 style artifact crafting as well, we don't know yet - probably would be a good answer.

The differences are that due to items requiring you to know recipes there is now two more variables that the developers can use to control crafting.

I loved how it could customise weaponry to your preference. For instance, My lightsabers were heavily focused on reflection. I could easily have gone for more damage instead, or focus on more armour penetration.

Yes, the only thing I didn't like about the KOTOR2 Crafting system was the interface. lists are... not always easy to oversee.

Yeah, UI was horrible. Especially with all that excessive clicks. you forgot to something and you click all that menus once again.

Edited by Cultist
  • Like 1

MzpydUh.gif