Best Police in the World

obyknven

Best Police in the World  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What country have best Police in the World

I'd certainly care to hear the cops case against writing up use of a taser. Bab's point is quite interesting.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'd certainly care to hear the cops case against writing up use of a taser. Bab's point is quite interesting.

The woman's belly clearly endangered the life of the officer. How was he gonna come home to his family that night if a pregnant woman was acting all confrontational? 

Besides, his superiors found that the use of force was warranted. Pregnant women think they can get a pass, she could be hiding many molotov ****tails under that shirt. Remember in the God Blessed U.S. of A, officer safety trumps all. And we, as citizens, don't find any fault in that, thank God. Don't listen to ****ing libtards. 

• Like 1

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

all police departments we know of is requiring reports for taser use. the thing is, it has been shown that taser availability, being non-lethal in all but freak accidents, does result in police willingness to use force more readily. 'stead o' finding a diplomatic solution, some cops (a very small number, but still a noteworthy number) will use taser as an attitude-correction method.

brings up an aside. Gromnir is a minority, and where we grew up, there is an antagonistic relationship 'tween native americans and cops. our people frequent complain that they gets treated poorly by cops. "cops are racist."  we also worked probation for a few years and was in USDOJ for a number o' years. very few cops we know is racist. even the cops we thought might be racist tried to treat minorities "fair."  it can be shown statistically that black cops don't treat black citizens better than white cops, and native american cops dont treat "rez slugs" (native americans) better than white cops. the thing is, cops got a different definition o' "fair" then does average citizen.  the quickest way to escalate a confrontation with cops is to fail the attitude test. am thinking this is why minorities is more likely to get arrested and suffer indignities at the hands o' police than white folks. if you is polite, meek, and/or humble with cops, they tends to return respect. conversely, if you fail a cop's attitude test, regardless o' race, you is in for a rough time.  is much harder for minorities to show cops humility or deference as it is seen as being a "punk." 

is no "attitude test" on the books in any jurisdiction. is real nevertheless. ideally we would like for cops to be able to complete divorce themselves from the emotional side of a confrontation, but that ain't realistic and it ain't even reasonable. SOME minorities in this country frequent feel as if they has been pushed around too much, so when confronted by cops they ain't willing to back up even a little. this is why asian criminals fare so much better than does black or native americans. perhaps it is a cultural thing, but asians, as a whole, is far less antagonistic in the presence o' authority. 

the United States has a very diverse population. is loads o' benefits that come with diversity. unfortunately, diverse populations also tend to have more conflicts 'tween private citizens and the police force, and surprisingly, a more diverse police force doesn't help as much as one might s'pose.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 6

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

all police departments we know of is requiring reports for taser use. the thing is, it has been shown that taser availability, being non-lethal in all but freak accidents, does result in police willingness to use force more readily. 'stead o' finding a diplomatic solution, some cops (a very small number, but still a noteworthy number) will use taser as an attitude-correction method.

brings up an aside. Gromnir is a minority, and where we grew up, there is an antagonistic relationship 'tween native americans and cops. our people frequent complain that they gets treated poorly by cops. "cops are racist."  we also worked probation for a few years and was in USDOJ for a number o' years. very few cops we know is racist. even the cops we thought might be racist tried to treat minorities "fair."  it can be shown statistically that black cops don't treat black citizens better than white cops, and native american cops dont treat "rez slugs" (native americans) better than white cops. the thing is, cops got a different definition o' "fair" then does average citizen.  the quickest way to escalate a confrontation with cops is to fail the attitude test. am thinking this is why minorities is more likely to get arrested and suffer indignities at the hands o' police than white folks. if you is polite, meek, and/or humble with cops, they tends to return respect. conversely, if you fail a cop's attitude test, regardless o' race, you is in for a rough time.  is much harder for minorities to show cops humility or deference as it is seen as being a "punk." 

is no "attitude test" on the books in any jurisdiction. is real nevertheless. ideally we would like for cops to be able to complete divorce themselves from the emotional side of a confrontation, but that ain't realistic and it ain't even reasonable. SOME minorities in this country frequent feel as if they has been pushed around too much, so when confronted by cops they ain't willing to back up even a little. this is why asian criminals fare so much better than does black or native americans. perhaps it is a cultural thing, but asians, as a whole, is far less antagonistic in the presence o' authority. 

the United States has a very diverse population. is loads o' benefits that come with diversity. unfortunately, diverse populations also tend to have more conflicts 'tween private citizens and the police force, and surprisingly, a more diverse police force doesn't help as much as one might s'pose.

HA! Good Fun!

My brother and I are (obviously) identical ethnicities and class. (I'm quite noticeably broader across the shoulders and chest)  We both get stopped by cops, but our treatment is massively different. This is what Gromnir (I think) is calling the attitude 'test'.

To my brother cops are evil fascist morons, and they seem to act up to this expectation. To me cops are a particularly obscure ethnic group who are obliged by code to try and help people, but don't quite understand why or when. I've never had any significant trouble with cops.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I did and that attitude thing didn't do anything, lucky for me that every **** cop seems to be paired with the nicest one on the precinct. 

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Just as long as they're not trying to handle a dude with a stapler. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

They need to send some NYPD down to fight the cartels in Mexico, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Not sure where the humour is on this one.

-Elwood Blues

I think he is just abashed with glee at the thought of bully policemen having to deal with vicious criminals that will fire at them.

• Like 1

village_idiot.gif

I think he is just abashed with glee at the thought of bully policemen having to deal with vicious criminals that will fire at them.

And people wonder why some cops 'hate' civilians?

-Elwood Blues

People wonder at that ? Usually it's either this inflated and fragile sense of self where any criticism is instantly some bleeding heart type or they're just the jock types in school that have power. that think so.   Cops are civilians as well, though I guess some of them also forget that.

But for them fighting cartels, well If they think they are hard (see the video or the vast other crap the NYPD pulls), why not do the world some good by fighting the worst? 

I used to work with a guy who got stopped and searched by the cops so much that they gave him a job coming in and talking to new coppers about the problem.

He said that cops are 'blueskins'. They aggravation and threats. They lose friends. They have a crap time, pretty much. And this is a guy who used to hate cops. All because people just see a uniform. The same way some cops just saw him as a n*****.

He said that cop hating and racism was all part of the same tangle of bull****.

-Elwood Blues

People wonder at that ? Usually it's either this inflated and fragile sense of self where any criticism is instantly some bleeding heart type or they're just the jock types in school that have power. that think so.   Cops are civilians as well, though I guess some of them also forget that.

But for them fighting cartels, well If they think they are hard (see the video or the vast other crap the NYPD pulls), why not do the world some good by fighting the worst? 

You should read up on the Zimbardo experiment.

People often respond to the roles they're assigned to, often to an extreme degree even disregarding past history. 

• Like 1

village_idiot.gif

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/11/21/3769823/in-miami-gardens-store-video-catches.html

Earl Sampson has been stopped and questioned by Miami Gardens police 258 times in four years.

He’s been searched more than 100 times. And arrested and jailed 56 times.

Despite his long rap sheet, Sampson, 28, has never been convicted of anything more serious than possession of marijuana.

Miami Gardens police have arrested Sampson 62 times for one offense: trespassing.

Almost every citation was issued at the same place: the 207 Quickstop, a convenience store on 207th Street in Miami Gardens.

But Sampson isn’t loitering. He works as a clerk at the Quickstop.

Flori-duh again.  Store owner probably should not have opted in for that zero -tolerance program, though he can't opt out now it seem

• Like 1

almost want to move to one of the nations in the commonwealth. 

Almost. 

I'll be Wal's neighbor. 

You better be cool, man. My neighbours are always cool.

-Elwood Blues