Movies You've Seen Recently

Tale

Lethal Weapon 2.

Pretty hilarious how the South African villains hide behind "diplomatic immunity" the entire movie, while in real life they would've been kicked out of the country five minutes into the movie.

Movie's actually taking a very serious piss out of South Africa, but then I remembered Apartheid was abolished in '94 and the movie came out in '89.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

*shrug* Amerikan take the piss out Amerika quite a bit. Not a big deal that they also pick on other countries too. Why do people whine about that kind of stuff? Who cares if a bad guiys are from x country or y country may be painted 'negatively' in some silly movie? L0LZ Oh yeah, I know who. Bigots.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Lethal Weapon 2.

Pretty hilarious how the South African villains hide behind "diplomatic immunity" the entire movie, while in real life they would've been kicked out of the country five minutes into the movie.

Movie's actually taking a very serious piss out of South Africa, but then I remembered Apartheid was abolished in '94 and the movie came out in '89.

Funnily enough, I don't think I've ever heard a South African complain abou tthe film. It's so transparently over-blown. Plus, you know, apartheid: evil.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

We're the Millers - This was a hilarious movie from start to finish. One of the better comedies I've seen. The four main characters worked well together.  Well worth watching. 8/10

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The Colony (2013) - started off all right but went downhill from there. The very start of the film had music that very much made me think of the 1980's The Thing, and the whole movie is rather like that. Still, it might have been ok, but the plotholes (even for the type of film it is) bring it down too much. Rather a waste of Bill Paxton and Laurence Fishburne.

Also saw part of a 1980 film called Battle Beyond the Stars, described as having the intention of being a sort of "Magnificent Seven in space." I remember seeing it as a kid and liking it, with stuff like the feminine voiced AI spaceship Nell and Saxon and Vaughn's over the top acting sticking in my memory long after. Cheesy and cheap effects/sets, capitalizing on the sci-fi craze, it's almost hilarious to watch it now.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Olympus Has Fallen.

I guess the American masses must love this movie. patriotism at its strongest. Once again, a lot of praise from a lot of friends. Reading the synopsis before the movie, I knew the story would not interest me very much. I basically went in hoping for lots of action and that's what I got.

Action 8/10

Everything else 4/10

Patriotism 4th July/10

• Like 1

Patriotism 4th July/10

:lol:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

North Koreans show up in menacing looking trucks and take over the White House in 9 minuites. After that the only hope for the country is John Mcclaine and his 8 year old daugher Lucy.

It does not compare well with the earlier movies and suffers from a severe lack of Alan Rickman or  a Jeremy Irons with a german accent.

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Olympus Has Fallen.

We just watched that too. I kept reading comparisons to Die Hard, but they're all wrong in that. What it really is:

"Under Siege: White House."  I kept expecting a pudgy Steven Segal to pop out of the woodwork.

...I liked the first scene on the bridge, and the female Secretary that wouldn't take guff. The rest was pretty redonkulous, even just as "lots of violent action."

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I like how Steven Seagull is never running in his movies. The enemy runs away, camera switches to Steven while he is walking around a corner. Camera back to the running foe. And back to Steven, walking around a corner. And so on. You can make a drinking game out of it. Whenever Steven Segal is walking around a corner, you must drink.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Olympus Has Fallen.

We just watched that too. I kept reading comparisons to Die Hard, but they're all wrong in that. What it really is:

"Under Siege: White House." I kept expecting a pudgy Steven Segal to pop out of the woodwork.

...I liked the first scene on the bridge, and the female Secretary that wouldn't take guff. The rest was pretty redonkulous, even just as "lots of violent action."

I agree with those two scenes being well done. The bridge scene even raised my hopes for an interesting story for 5 minutes.

I wouldn't compare this to Die Hard. That movie doesn't take itself so seriously while OHF is dead serious.

I like how Steven Seagull is never running in his movies. The enemy runs away, camera switches to Steven while he is walking around a corner. Camera back to the running foe. And back to Steven, walking around a corner. And so on. You can make a drinking game out of it. Whenever Steven Segal is walking around a corner, you must drink.

He does run in Above the law.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

...watched The GodFather Parts I & II wit' the wife yesterday...fergot how good they was...pity she wouldna shut the Hells up durin' them... :getlost:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Olympus has Fallen. Enjoyed the action, especially at the start. Was thinking how they were going to take the White house and quite impressed with all the action. 7/10

Oblivion. Another movie I liked and was wondering where it was all going until it hit the middle of the movie and I was like, oh yeah, now it makes sense. I could see how this was a graphic novel even though it wasn't publiched. 7/10

Watched HELLDRIVER, a Japanese horror-splatter film.  Ridiculously over-the-top - one of those films where you're alternating laughing, laughing but feeling guilty because you are laughing, being somewhat grossed out and just plain going WTF? 

I like how the director came on before the movie starts and suggested drinking beer or "special beverages" before watching too. :grin:

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

A little found-footage horror film called "Grave Encounters" that was alternatingly hilarious and surprisingly effective. It was hopelessly derivative, some bits were plain silly and the effects were awful but on a whole it had a creepy atmosphere, nasty jumpscares and enough twists to keep it fresh. Essentially it was half a ghost hunting show parody and half a straight haunted house movie.

I recommend it for late night popcorn munching, you'll find it funny or scary or both and either way it's entertaining.

Now I did see the film a couple of weeks ago, but for general film trivia..

Uproxx - As You Wish: 10 interesting facts we learnt about the Princess Bride from Rob Reiner

I thought it might interest/entertain a few folks here

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

...downloaded all the Evil Dead movies, includin' the new one...good, gory, cheesy fun...wife hates 'em...:p

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way