Movies You've Seen Recently

Tale

Spoil me:

How does he regain his healing factor?

It's suppressed technologically. They implant something next to his heart. He reaches into his own chest and rips it out after he figures that out.

:lol: :LOL:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

*See Pacific Rim losing to both Despicable Me 2 and Growns Ups 2.

To be fair though, everything I've heard says DM2 was better than the first, so it may have deserved its money. Grown Ups 2 on the other hand...

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Spoil me:

It's suppressed technologically. They implant something next to his heart. He reaches into his own chest and rips it out after he figures that out.

:lol::lol:

It's tamer than the time he survived a nuclear blast. I seriously dislike the character and the amount of attention it gets.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Spoil me:

:lol::lol:

It's tamer than the time he survived a nuclear blast. I seriously dislike the character and the amount of attention it gets.

That made me so angry. He was a GD skeleton and still was able to regenerate. I liked how he was handled in the Ultimate comics durig the early run. Got hit by a semi and took the better part of a week to get back to full strength. Emphasizing its a healing factor, not regeneration.

Devastatorsig.jpg

That made me so angry. He was a GD skeleton and still was able to regenerate. I liked how he was handled in the Ultimate comics durig the early run. Got hit by a semi and took the better part of a week to get back to full strength. Emphasizing its a healing factor, not regeneration.

He's at his best when he's vulnerable. Like when Magneto took out his adamantium and then, for a little while before it went nutso, even his healing was reduced.

That's what's good in this movie is the vulnerability. Even the part I mention in the spoiler is done well in that respect.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Watched some movies...

The Birds - Good movie but seeing it now, all i got to say is the dialogue is quaint, simple (not an insult neccessarily in this case), and overly polite. I like the main actress, but the main actor could have been anyone as he did nothing special. However, the special effects do NOT age well. This is a movie that is screaming for a legit remake. 7/10

Jennifer's Body - The protagonist's inner monologue is unneeded and the way the story is told basically ruins any semblance of surprise. Still, the characetrs were overall solid and it was suitably 'horrific gruesome'. Megan Fox does a good job in an otherwise thankless role. 7/10

Night at the Museum 2 - Eh. It was watchable fun and charming at times but that is about it. Amy Adams does a terrific job here. 6/10

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

He's at his best when he's vulnerable. Like when Magneto took out his adamantium and then, for a little while before it went nutso, even his healing was reduced.

That's what's good in this movie is the vulnerability. Even the part I mention in the spoiler is done well in that respect.

Something I hadn't hought of... does his healing factor keep his blood cells from degradig, or is adamantium porous? Because how does his body make new blood cells with his bones coated?

Devastatorsig.jpg

Clearly, Wolverine gets his healing from the healing dimension. Or is he tapping into the heal force?

So hard to keep track of these days.

• Like 1

Something I hadn't hought of... does his healing factor keep his blood cells from degradig, or is adamantium porous? Because how does his body make new blood cells with his bones coated?

Comic book nerds of all times have asked this question, I just blame the editors for letting this **** slide.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I'm really excited for Days of Future Past. Like ripping-off-my-shirt-and-asking-Bryan-Singer-to-sign-my-chest excited.

He was also being coy about the possibility of Apocalypse showing up.

I have been indifferent about Days of Future Past since Matthew Vaughn announced his departure. First Class was so good I was hoping they would use it to reboot the franchise, after Last Stand and Wolverine pooped all over the franchise.

Devastatorsig.jpg

He's at his best when he's vulnerable. Like when Magneto took out his adamantium and then, for a little while before it went nutso, even his healing was reduced.That's what's good in this movie is the vulnerability. Even the part I mention in the spoiler is done well in that respect.

Yep. I always hated Wolverine, and the only time I really dug any of his comic arcs was the point you mentioned.

Then they ****ed it up by making him go cro-magnon feral.

That being said, I'm off to go see the new Wolverine movie in an hour or so.

I like how the film version doesn't seem quite so indestructible.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I watched THE WOLVERINE.

I thought it was a good movie, but a bit like Iron Man 3, decides not to really be a "superhero" movie.

Logan is thrust into a situation where he is forced to choose sides not knowing what is actually being fought for; in someways the story is akin to YOJIMBO or A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS with the exception that in this case Wolverine doesn't just arrive in town without invitation (in that way, a bit more like Hammet's THE GLASS KEY).

Its a bit of hard boiled film noir meets Yakuza with western and samurai influences with a small dash of superheroic sci-fi.

In this light, I think THE WOLVERINE works fine; the emotional aspect of the characters work, the mystery is adequately shadowy (at least until you realize

that there are two major forces at work, instead of one

at which point it begins to solidify what's going on and which players are doing what).

But I suspect if you're looking for big screen superheroics, you'll be a bit disappointing if you can't enjoy what the movie does deliver in.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Hi. I'm the Wolverine. Many mutants are unaware of the signs of MPAA-ism, which can have devastating effects on you, your friends, family, and the ghosts of not-quite-lovers that you had to kill in order to keep the world from being destroyed.

The signs of MPAA-ism can be difficult to catch, but luckily we have the solution. If you can answer "Yes" to any of the following questions, please consult your physician/production company immediately. Then review the source material and use as directed.

1. Is your mutant power and/or weapon of choice not inflicting the damage you would expect to see on the nameless extras with whom you've carefully choreographed fight scenes?

2. Is there a distinct lack of visual cues regarding the injuries that your mutant power and/or weapon of choice should be inflicting? For example, do you see any blood? Severed body parts? Perforated bowels?

3. Do you feel a sense of cognitive dissonance regarding the difference between the effects you hear and the effects you see?

Again, if you answered "Yes" to any of these questions, please refer to your source material immediately. Seek help if needed.

Side effects of the source material can include but are not limited to increased and/or additional cognitive dissonance, Liefield syndrome, Gavin Hood-ism, general WTFery? and maybe even "Won't somebody please think of the children?!"

Women who are nursing, pregnant or may become pregnant can and should do whatever the hell they want with the source material, because dammit being pregnant is no picnic and neither is raising a newborn, and maybe a fun comic could take the edge off.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.. Never seen it, what an absolute awesome movie..

By the end I wanted to stab someone every time the theme music played.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.. Never seen it, what an absolute awesome movie..

Wow, that is the most famous theme song in the entire Western genre.  You might want to question your personal tastes on that one.

IIRC, his bones absorbed the adamantium and made it part of his skeletal structure, think of it as organic-metal bones. At least until the inevitable retcon.

I'm with Orogun1 though, the character is extremely overexposed. Almost as bad as Batman.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Wow, that is the most famous theme song in the entire Western genre. You might want to question your personal tastes on that one.It was also the only piece of music they played in the entire movie until the very end where they changed it up with ecstasy of gold. The Star Wars theme is pretty damned good, but if that 2 minute piece of music was the only music for the 2 hour runtime and they just kept repeating it, I would probably hate it by the end of the movie too. Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

watched World War Z, and found most of the movie pretty stupid... let's plays of The Last Of Us are a better zombie movie than WWZ :(

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

It was also the only piece of music they played in the entire movie until the very end where they changed it up with ecstasy of gold. The Star Wars theme is pretty damned good, but if that 2 minute piece of music was the only music for the 2 hour runtime and they just kept repeating it, I would probably hate it by the end of the movie too.

It's funny because I was thinking how cool that actually was throughout the movie, that you had a consistent theme which became sort of a recurring character. It reminded me of the Neil Young jam in "Dead Man"

Fortune favors the bald.

IIRC, his bones absorbed the adamantium and made it part of his skeletal structure, think of it as organic-metal bones. At least until the inevitable retcon.

I'm with Orogun1 though, the character is extremely overexposed. Almost as bad as Batman.

In the comics, the combination of organic healing factor and adamantium bonding process created "Adamantium Beta" which did more or less make it so that he had "metal bones".

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man