Hello everyone!

I was thinking to myself about all the information about Project Eternity. There is constant stream of updates about classes, world, lore, races, religions and many more things.

There are however some of us (and there will be more when the game is released) that would like to know it all but instead of having to look around for it, to have it all in one place.

Now don't get me wrong. I am fully aware Obsidian does not actually have lots of free time but hear me out.

I think it would be great to have some Project Eternity PDF Compendium of sorts. That could get occasionally updated with new games and new information (if there are new games). It would allow many of us to indulge ourselves into lore-nerdinessy :).

Maybe even make it an online project instead of PDF, or both.

I for one would be more than happy to know all the additional bits an' pieces that may not be thoroughly explained in the game. It would help players understand the world of PE better and get more out of the game itself. It would work as an additional background for the game and make it more alive, closer to us.

Don't know if this has any chance of ever happening or if something similar was discussed/planned but I'm dropping it here.

I am interested in hearing if anyone else would wish to see something like this made.

EDIT:

Just so you know. It would be a little different from the Wiki. I guess info from it would eventually end up on wiki too though.

Edited by Killyox

I think it will be fairly difficult to keep up with all the possible information outlets during the project. And things are still mutable. It would be a lot of work. And when the game comes out, you'll have a lot more information than you've gathered in all the time prior to add to the Compendium.

Not to mention that the information might be released by Obsidian themselves at the time of release.

I wish you the best of luck if you want to do this, I think it's cool, but it might be hard and frustrating work.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I think there's currently at least one wiki page up for it. It gets updated every few weeks, methinks. Pretty much every time we get new info on something from the game (although its updatedness isn't exactly instantaneous).

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I have been meaning to do a mechanics breakdown but I just have not had the time. I managed to finish one section - as follows.

All attacks in Project Eternity compare the attacker's Accuracy value to one of four defenses: Deflection (direct melee and ranged attacks), Fortitude (body system attacks like poison and disease), Reflexes (area of effect damage attacks), and Psyche (mental attacks).

A number between 1 and 100 is generated to determine the attack rules. If the Accuracy and target defense are the same value, these are how the results break down:

• 01-05 = Miss

• 06-50 = Graze

• 51-95 = Hit

• 96-100 = Critical Hit

A Hit is the standard damage and duration effects, a Graze is 50% minimum damage or duration, a Critical Hit is 150% maximum damage or duration, and a Miss has no effect. In a balanced Attack and defense scenario, the majority of attacks wind up being Hits or Grazes. If the Accuracy and defense values are out of balance, the windows for each result shift accordingly, while always allowing for the possibility of a Graze or a Hit at the extreme ends of the spectrum.

Accuracy (x) will have separate Melee (y) and Ranged (z) bonuses (likely derived from class abilities, talents, items, buffs and attributes).

Melee Accuracy +xy (or +9; where a character with +5 accuracy also has +4 melee accuracy)

Ranged Accuracy +xz (or +7; where a character with +5 accuracy also has +2 ranged accuracy)

Defenses will be presented in the same way, starting from zero (rather than 10 like D&D, Pathfinder). A separate touch AC isn't used in PE because armor doesn't directly contribute to deflection (though shields do).

A character with a Deflection of +9 being attacked by an opponent with +7 melee accuracy is slightly more likely to suffer a graze than a hit.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 1