Gathering your party for area transitions?

What do you say? Should we have to gather all characters when we find an exit? Or should it be like Planescape, where you could use your rogue to sneak their way padt enemies and exit the screen for your entire party?

I'd like to see the latter option.

Yeah... how exactly is your party able to exit the area if they didn't actually get past all the obstacles in that area?

"Yes! GO little flying-squirrel familiar! Even if you get spotted, no one will think anything of it! Yes! That's it! Now just exit the area for us, so that we can magically teleport past this entire fortress! 8D!"

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I like the idea of gathering your party before going to the next area. I just think that the distance the entire party should be from the exit should be fairly large when out of combat. When in combat though I think everybody should need to stick close together before you make a break for it.

The only time I really like the whole 1 person needs to hit the exit and that's it thing is when you aren't in full control of your party like the fallout games. If Sulik and Vic had their way I'd never make it to vault city.

K is for Kid, a guy or gal just like you. Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

The other (and most realistic) possiblitiy is being able to split your party across more than one map, if your rogue slips past the enemies and leaves the map, he is on his own on the next map

This could potentially lead to options to split your party in two in order to achieve different objectives, the down side is of course that you can only be on one map at a time.