What are you playing now?

Playing Skyrim with a load of mods.. starting as a vampire.. I've decided that I don't fast travel at all and it's actually making the game a lot better. :)

Also the difficulty is vamped up, so I'm in mortal danger almost all the time. Only now, at around lvl 10 and with full vampire powers am I beginning to actually survive encounters with more than 2 enemies at the time. Before that I had to flee or be very very creative.

I play like that, although I'm now too high level for life saving shenanigans. But my favorite bit had to be getting to giant's to chase me into a stormcloack camp and let them fight out then kill the survivors.

Ahh, to be level 1 again.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Well, I've got Fire Emblem Awakening on the 3DS, Persona 3 Portable, Soul Sacrifice, and Hotline Miami on the Vita, and Skyrim, Dark Souls, and Darksiders/Darksiders 2 on the PC.

I've got way too much going on, and not enough free time...

Link the flames, Chosen Undead! Hold steady against the Dark!

Well, I've got Fire Emblem Awakening on the 3DS, Persona 3 Portable, Soul Sacrifice, and Hotline Miami on the Vita, and Skyrim, Dark Souls, and Darksiders/Darksiders 2 on the PC.

I've got way too much going on, and not enough free time...

Yeah that's the story of most of our lives, we have  all these games and not enough time

I am reminded of that every time I open up Steam and see the number of games I have yet to play ;(

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm really looking forward to the Final Fantasy X HD Remix for the Vita.  We were a Nintendo house, so I didn't own a Playstation/Playstation 2 until well into the era of PS3/360/Wii.  I never played FFX on the PS2, so I've been holding off on it in hopes of playing the Vita version.  Still looking for a set release date.

Gah, wish I had filmed this.. Stumbled onto a battle between the Forlorn, bandits and some Stormcloak patrols - got my behind handed to me and tried to run - swiftly into a 2 story high spider (whaaaaa?) .. I was screaming like a little girl (arachnophobia).

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

I will likely pick up CK2 again (I got a new computer which negatively affected my earlier lets play :( ).

Crusader Kings 2 is awesome.  Some folks on Something Awful were tossing around the idea of making a mod to expand the Hellenistic religion and make a playale Roman Empire feasible, if anachronistic

Just played my first co-op mission in Defiance with 3 random individuals.  It reminded me of why I avoid playing co-op with folks I don't know.  They speed-ran through the entire map and so I didn't even get a chance to see half of what was there.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Currently wiping my existing Call of Prypiat installation and redownloading the game so as to have a clean install ready for the Misery 2.0 mod. In theory, I probably could have made it work with my existing install, but with it being already fairly modded, well, why make things more difficult than they have to be.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Hubs and I just finished the Bunker/Angel bit in Ultimate mode, in BL2. Jeez the Bunker took forever (lvl55), even with me slagging almost all the time. I think it took us over 30 minutes, and we had to jump down and refill our ammo from the machine below, once.

Apparently increased enemy hitpoints 4x + health regen, so you pretty much have to use slag (they upped slag effectiveness). Most of the time it's not so much that it's super-harder, but it sure does take longer (might be more enemies too). Some of the AI seems a bit different too. And if you don't use slag you feel like you're doing hardly any damage even with purple gear. Hubs said when I slag it basically triples his dmg. now.

So I have a slag Tediore SMG, slag Valdolf pistol, slag sniper, and a poison pistol. I do the slagging, hubs focuses on elemental + his slagging turret. I'm glad we're a duo...having to slag then swap weapons all the time would drive me batty. Also...in the new Ultimate mode you can "reset" the whole questline or something, so when you're done you can do them all again. Which is kinda cool. Endless replay of the game (quests and all) even at max clvl.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Had a couple hours to play some sort of two-player multiplayer game. Thought, why not finally try Company of Heroes? Neither of us had ever touched it, let alone knew the slightest bit about it mechanically, but with limited time, decided to dive right in. 2vs1 against an AI on Easy, should be plenty of opportunity to mess around learning the mechanics as we go, right? Wrong.

Ah well, I'll go play the tutorial sometime soon I guess.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

One of my friends that I originally played through Borderlands 1 with swapped over to the 360 for Borderlands 2 sadly, but he picked up the game again on Steam during the last sale. I hopped on with him and some other guy I didn't know as a brand new character. Trying out the Mechromancer this time since Krieg was already taken. Haven't really got much to say about her yet as I've only got 5 skill points so far and pretty terrible weapons, but I'm liking the character herself. She has some amusing sayings and it's nice to hear something other than Axton talking about his turret all the time from my other character. :D

Also started up Zone of the Enders 2 yesterday as well. Enemies hit back in this one! I can't just spam the basic attack over and over without taking damage. Have to actually pay attention to what I'm doing now. :(

Edited by Deraldin

Gah ... that kind of sucks.  There's a really cool looking armor you can unlock for your character in Defiance, but you need to meet some ridiculous number of kills to unlock it.  I just don't know if it will keep my interest long enough for me to be able to reach that goal.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Ultimate mode in BL2 - the only time I get to hear my husband repeatedly holler "Shoot me, hon, just shoot me!"**

**Siren's heal via shooting other players...an ability I almost never had to use, until now.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I use that one a lot in BL1 as the Soldier because we almost never buy healing kits. Two shots with the shotgun and my teammate is fully healed.

Hubs has over 160k hit points now, I think, so it takes half to a full clip at this point if he's almost empty. And if he stands still. Darn hard to heal in mid-combat, too, when he's dancing around like MJ doing a fast moonwalk.