Satellite Reign - Squad Based Strategy from the creator of Syndicate Wars

Vortex

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/5livesstudios/satellite-reign/widget/video.html" frameborder="0"> </iframe>

Satellite Reign is a real-time, class-based strategy game. You control a team of four agents, each with distinct and unique abilities, collectively battling for control of a fully simulated, living cyberpunk city.

The game world is designed to facilitate emergent gameplay, giving you the tools and freedom to play how you want to play, so you can create strategies and scenarios that not even we had anticipated!

Customize your team with the strength to destroy your enemies head-on, or hack into their facilities to manipulate their infrastructure without them ever knowing you were even there.

Will you take down your enemies with brute-force? Covert espionage and infiltration? Or will you use propaganda to influence the citizens of the city and overthrow the controlling powers?

aff56b27a62a0f93e6090db733af8715_large.j
aff56b27a62a0f93e6090db733af8715_large.j

The city is huge and you can move around and tackle objectives however you want to. You won't be spoon-fed one mission after another, you'll be able to use whatever means you can to get to your final goal. Bribe scientists to advance your technologies, and kidnap doctors to augment your agents. Steal money from the banks to fund your war against the corporations, and exploit neural implants to bend the will of others. Or, try to take your objectives through good old-fashioned brute-force.

<iframe frameborder="0" height="380" src="http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/5livesstudios/satellite-reign/widget/card.html" width="220"></iframe>

The game is in dire need of a better name.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

This time, Electronic **** won't be able to screw another Syndicate.

Funny detail: at least one of the devs from that new "syndicate" game is a backer of Satellite Reign :)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Funny detail: at least one of the devs from that new "syndicate" game is a backer of Satellite Reign :)

I hope he is doing it to clean up his karma.

MzpydUh.gif

The moment ShadySands backed the project, YouTube stopped working for me.

edit:

forgot: the GoG request thread is open for votes ;)

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/satellite_reign_5_lives_studios

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I hope he is doing it to clean up his karma.

I think the new Syndicate did alot of interesting things and it had its heart in the right place (like chipped people that are able to see pricetags on every buyable object in the gameworld, the mindless consumerist slaves that they are). Its just unfortunate that it had to be a FPS.

I think the new Syndicate did alot of interesting things and it had its heart in the right place (like chipped people that are able to see pricetags on every buyable object in the gameworld, the mindless consumerist slaves that they are). Its just unfortunate that it had to be a FPS.

I, too, think that nazis did a lot of interesting things like stylish uniforms, flashy parades. They just made a few mistakes.

MzpydUh.gif

I might pledge if i ever bother to enter my CC info in. Or i'll just stick to $ pledges where i don't have to enter anything all over again. >_<

Yeah thats the huge issue. This is also my first game in pouns. If it were anythign but Syndicate or if the pitch wouldnt of been so damn good I wouldnt of entered my CC number either.

I'm hoping it doesnt hurt them too much. The Pitch one of the best I have seen on kickstarter and it will be an insult if Double Fines Massive Chalice ends up with more money considering their pitch was an insult.

I'm hoping it doesnt hurt them too much. The Pitch one of the best I have seen on kickstarter and it will be an insult if Double Fines Massive Chalice ends up with more money considering their pitch was an insult.

Be prepared to be insulted :(

Worth a gamble on this, I think.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Over 1/3 off the funding now. 125k pounds out of 350k

With the increasing press coverage more backers may show up.

Agreed, I'm sure these guys still have a coupletricks up their sleeve as well.

Can also vote for them on GOG and Steam now:

On GoG: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/satellite_reign_5_lives_studios

And Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/…

Edited by Vortex

Hehe. I keep telling people to do that in the kickstarter comment section but completly forgot to add a note of the links here :)

Also, the dev video chat in update #5: