The two aspects of a rogue

I would break down the rogue class into 2 apsects:

1. A skillful, agile and resourceful guy.

2. A charismatic and manipulative guy

Could they be broken into two since I would love playing as the first one while I hate playing as the second one.

Since Ive heard class restrictions will be more loose in PE, perhaps you could take a monk or ranger and boost his dexterity which results in him not only being better at fighting, but also gives him a fairly good ability at opening locks and disarming traps and perhaps something more, with the appropriate skills given.

Edited by Sheikh

I think all classes will be playable as agile (as opposed to brutish) or charismatic (as opposed to Aspy-matic) but all I know is that class rankings are as follows:

>Cipher

>

>

>Rogue

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>All other mooks here

I hope that every class can be played in different ways. I for one prefer the charismatic rogue.

I hope you can make choices what to do for each class both in role-playing and in combat.

One player might play his or her rogue as a counterer, using lockdown skills to prevent an enemy from using abilities. (disarm, disable, stun, shock, etc)

Another player might play his or her rogue as a debuffer, AKA dirty fighting (weakness, bleeding, poison, slow, blindness, etc.)

And yet another likes the classic evasive, skilled positioner critical damage rogue. (Sneak attack criticals, evasion, mobility, flanking.)

Or perhaps a player has ideas for his rogue which are different still.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

One should hope you could make both-in-one: An agile, skillful, charismatic, manipulative Rogue. Which would imply that there are other types of Rogues you're giving up as the cost for specializing how you did.

Or, maybe you could just do what was so prevalent in the Mass Effect series and simply "go completely Rogue." 8)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u