Some wild screenshots appeared!

i think it's a bat winged pegasus or hippogryph

Edited by teknoman2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

From what I've seen in all KS game screenshots using Unity so far, they seem to use stuff like bloom and blur rather generously, I'd like to ask if it will be easy to turn this stuff along with shadows completely off for a sharpest shadow-less image possible? (I don't like them from an aesthetic perspective) Or if not, will it be possible to turn them off via a config file at least?

I think I may have to start ignoring Project Eternity news for awhile.

While exciting to see all these updates and screens its also making me boundlessly impatient for the game! Lol.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

it's a thestral, obviously.

kk I'll show myself out

Come on guys this debate is just stupid.  If you zoom in on the image you can clearly see tufts of fur behind his ears and large brown fuzz splotches.  It is obviously a Flying Monkey.  You can even see his little drum behind his wings.

in the end you will be level 8-9 with side quest you can get to level 12(level cap).

That seems like a weird number for the level cap. Are they planning to raise it in an expansion or something?

Yes, and I've already bagged that expansion! :shifty:

One of the screenies, a subterranean intersection, has some weirdly textured floor. It's far too shiny and furrowed, it also lacks that dusty, messed-up feel that other screenshot had.

The short fellow looks cool. What can we tell about him?

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

As a note, those are all work-in-progress shots that were intended for (small) use in print.  None of those are finished areas.  Even the "original" area is still having work done on it.

Hey Josh, since everything you guys are creating is 2d, what's the target size for your character models as far as poly count or screen size, or for the art assets in general and what dictates that limitation? 

As a note, those are all work-in-progress shots that were intended for (small) use in print.  None of those are finished areas.  Even the "original" area is still having work done on it.

Hey Josh, since everything you guys are creating is 2d, what's the target size for your character models as far as poly count or screen size, or for the art assets in general and what dictates that limitation?

The character models are actually 3d models, not sprites.

The character models are actually 3d models, not sprites.

Yeap, the only thing that is 2d is actually the environment maps themselves.  All characters, enemies, and objects in the game are 3d.

Character models could use a little more detail. Look at relics company of hero, level of unit detail. The games been out for years though so the developers had years to enhance the textures of the units. Visually the game looks better then its sequel that was just released. Project eternity has the background environment graphics I say nailed down pretty good. But right now I say the character models look a little blocky. Not as bad as fallen enchantress. Slightly better looking then temple of elemental evil. Optimal graphics would be where you wish you could replay a battle and watch all the spell effects, animations and zoom in your characters.

Character models could use a little more detail. Look at relics company of hero, level of unit detail. The games been out for years though so the developers had years to enhance the textures of the units. Visually the game looks better then its sequel that was just released. Project eternity has the background environment graphics I say nailed down pretty good. But right now I say the character models look a little blocky. Not as bad as fallen enchantress. Slightly better looking then temple of elemental evil. Optimal graphics would be where you wish you could replay a battle and watch all the spell effects, animations and zoom in your characters.

Early WIP and no IQ.

These are exceptionally cool and look awesome. However, given that screenshots have leaked, obviously there's no point in trying to keep secrets anymore and you should just release a crapload more information, screens and videos.

You may respond this makes no sense. I don't care, do eet anyway! ;)

"On an all new Big Brother: Obsidian Entertainment, Chris and Josh struggle with the coffee maker, and tensions rise! Also maybe some new game footage!"

• Like 3

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

These are exceptionally cool and look awesome. However, given that screenshots have leaked, obviously there's no point in trying to keep secrets anymore and you should just release a crapload more information, screens and videos.

You may respond this makes no sense. I don't care, do eet anyway! ;)

"On an all new Big Brother: Obsidian Entertainment, Chris and Josh struggle with the coffee maker, and tensions rise! Also maybe some new game footage!"

I'd probably pay them money for that. Sad, I know.

:p

Exile in Torment

QblGc0a.png

Nice to see the progress of Project Eternity with some pics, they look great!  Only those are way to small.  If your going to share make the images bigger.

Also do you want feed back from your backer's?   How are you going to make each area alive.  Mist in the morning or fog at night over the forest floor etc.

How will you make dungeons and caves come alive?

• 3 weeks later...