Some wild screenshots appeared!

I LOVE what I am seeing. Looking amazing already! Just a quick question though: will we be able to zoom in/out in the final game? I would actually love to be able to zoom in/out; for example during an intimate or intriguing convo I would love to zoom in for the mood or just zoom in to check out the details in the environment/characters.

Frame 6 suggests that dynamic lighting of the characters has not been implemented for indoor areas yet--the character's shadow is pointing in the wrong direction. The outdoor camp scene looks correct though.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

It seems that we will get some new 'exclusive' info on PE soon.

P:E was title story in this magazine last month, the pictures are one month old.

information:

in the end you will be level 8-9 with side quest you can get to level 12(level cap).

cipher:

they can move objects per telekenisis

you must target an enemy or a friendly target as anchor for your skills.

An example they mentioned is that you can make a electronical field between you and your target and if one moves the field will move with it.

Your skill effects will affect the area near your anchor.

nice pictures.

600x338.jpg

what race is the women from?(her skin seems to be grey/blue or is it just the lights).

Is this zoom level the lowest zoom level?

If you see the pic zoomed in her brow ridge is fairly slanted, I would assume she is some type of elf as a result.

These pics are obviously works in progress, but they already look good enough to show my point I have made in many threads.  3D models of today, even small ones, can show very real and discernible detail.  All these pics tell me is the game is heading in the right direction and the dev's have nailed the proper scale this time which always felt off in BG.

• Like 1

As a note, those are all work-in-progress shots that were intended for (small) use in print.  None of those are finished areas.  Even the "original" area is still having work done on it.

If these are the "rubbishy unfinished sketches" of what is to come, then I can't wait to see the final product! :)

The shadow of the guy with the shield isn't attached to his leg properly, it's kind of floating.

But yeah nice to see the character models closeup. Looking pretty good :)

The interior shop area looks fantastic as well.

Will stuff like birds, insects, bees etc be 3D animations or 2D animations? 

P:E was title story in this magazine last month, the pictures are one month old.

information:

in the end you will be level 8-9 with side quest you can get to level 12(level cap).

cipher:

An example they mentioned is that you can make a electronical field between you and your target and if one moves the field will move with it.

Thought so, haven't read a gaming magazine including gamestar in a while.

I still like all the detail in the NPC figures. I wasn't sure what I was expecting, but for some brain-fart-like reason I didn't consider they would be quite that detailed. So I'm pleased.

And of course, everything else looks awesome too.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Oh wow....sometimes when I see anything about Project Eternity I pinch myself few times because feel like beautifull dream.You are really doing great job :)! Ok anyway I know this is work in progress stuff but gonna say: only little thing which bothers me for quite some time are outdoors. Don't know how to express myself good in English but for example;

This first screenshot with waterfall which you posted during Kickstarter I liked alot,colors,details,atmospheric but like in those new screenies and video of Waterfall there is total lack and dissapearance of these things for quite some time.I don't like outdoors colors now in this new screenies,village one too... Too much bright,needs to be toned down,nights could be darker except if theres maybe moon on sky so its lighter abit. First screenie was perfect on Kickstarter. Do you need more time to make it like that? Grass,bushes and rocks looked much better there!Could aswell put more flowers?more type,variety of trees? Bees,squirrels,butterflies,chickens would be great addition but then how much work is that,budget sink for you?...This camfire giving me some ideas...can we set camfire with this tent and lit fire?Or lit fire in very dark dungeons?Get some penalties,buffs from this?Oh yea ;) holding torches in one hand would be great too!like in Nwn1

Ofc this all is just my opinion and I don't know really how this things working and how much time is needed and in which order you doing things...am total noob.

Btw :) when we will get new update maybe about music? I was abit dissapointed that there was IWD track (no matter how beautifull it is and making me nostalgic) on Rezzed presentation. Expected maybe some new track but ok. Anyway I hope you understand this mess of my text and maybe find something usefull or get maybe some idea I dunno! I am very glad you are making this game :) thank you.

Edited by Shalis

The Waterfall area still hasn't had it's full paint-over I don't think? Unless they are not going to add moss/etc back to the bridges.

Yeah, if you look at recent footage like the rezzed demo you can even tell graphics are further along than these pics.  For example you can see the players shadows are tied properly to their feet and they aren't "floating" so much.  This is obviously really early images from when they were starting the vertical slice.

I still like all the detail in the NPC figures. I wasn't sure what I was expecting, but for some brain-fart-like reason I didn't consider they would be quite that detailed. So I'm pleased.

And of course, everything else looks awesome too.

Yeah, the level of detail for such small figures is impressive.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Yeah, the level of detail for such small figures is impressive.

I recall several instances, in several threads, from several people, of "You're not going to see anything on little tiny people anyway," and several other people attempting to convince them that they might be surprised. :)

So thank you, screenshots, for doing what those people couldn't. Haha.

Edited by Lephys
  • Like 2

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

These are exceptionally cool and look awesome. However, given that screenshots have leaked, obviously there's no point in trying to keep secrets anymore and you should just release a crapload more information, screens and videos.

You may respond this makes no sense. I don't care, do eet anyway! ;)

information:

cipher:

Everything I hear about Ciphers is great. I suspect I'll be playing a Hearth Orlan Cipher for the first playthrough. (Not ruling out a Godlike Chanter though.)

As a note, those are all work-in-progress shots that were intended for (small) use in print.  None of those are finished areas.  Even the "original" area is still having work done on it.

Small print or not... Those are lovely screen shots. Now, we (the backers) must go and have the sex with them. <smirk>

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.

Nice, but a few things:

Avoid lining up the sunlight direction too close to the camera direction when outdoors, shadows will be minimally visible at best, thus no contrast, and a boring image.

B. Heightfog! Sure why not, why didn't I think of that? Antistropic heightfog might be even cooler. But, that's probably just particles yah? You've got deferred rendering going anyway, so deferred shading on particles one would hope.

That's about all I can say based on these screenshots. Looking nice!

That seems like a weird number for the level cap. Are they planning to raise it in an expansion or something?

Well, expansion for sure but they have said that they want to make PE a series so PE2 nad maybe 3 as well.